You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Queen Mary Aft Elevator

Real Ghost Stories

Queen Mary Aft Elevator

 

Over the past 15yrs I have visited the Queen Mary Long Beach on multiple occasions. I liked to board the ship at night. I would go in the hotel entrance and tell them I was going to the lounge for cocktails. They would let me aboard with no questions asked, even though I was not of legal drinking age during my early visits.

At night the staff was reduced significantly which made exploring the ship easy. I would cross every unlocked barrier in my exploration of the ship and discovered storage rooms of old furniture, explored the engine rooms and crossed every roped off area I could.

Every time I went aboard I would use the aft elevator just outside the wedding chapel. I thought it was funny that no matter what level I chose, the elevator would take me directly to the engine room. At first I thought it was the ship being old and not working as designed.

In the late 90's I took my girlfriend, now wife, to show her the strange elevator. We entered the elevator pushed the very top button and sure enough, it took us all the way down to the engine room.

Later that night we asked a crew member about the elevator taking us down the the engine room. The crew member insisted that was not possible because that elevator does not go to the engine room unless you have a key. We have also seen things aboard that I am not willing to discuss in this forum.

About six months ago we returned to the ship to discover my little elevator has been sealed closed. I know it has to do with a similar haunting I had experienced but the excuse listed was due to the age of the elevator. We also discovered similar stories about that same elevator taking people down to the engine room, but the other stories people heard screaming. Sorry, no screaming when it happened to me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, akafatkid, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
Priky,
Like I said, I'm not at all sensitive towards activity, so I wouldn't dismiss other's claims.
priky77 (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
dear pjod!
Thanks for the information... I was interested to get more information about titanic as I heard from a number of people that they felt something ghostly in the last room of the exhibit... However if you did not experience anything of that kind then I think it may be their emotion and attachment to the story that made them feel such things... Thanks for responding
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
"We have also seen things aboard that I am not willing to discuss in this forum."

Boo! You can't go and post a teaser like that and expect us to accept it. Post or don't post. Don't be a ghost-story tease (although I did enjoy reading the rest of your post).
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
shellzy,
The Queen Mary is falling apart. It is simply deteriorating from the bottom up. It's sad too, because that thing is so huge you can see it long before you arrive at the dock. But it is just rusting away now.
And I believe this kid had access to all the places mentioned here. The security is not all that great from what I hear. People are always just wandering off to wherever it seems.

Jav
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
The Queen Mary has long held a fascination for me. I am not sure if anyone else is a fan of the British show 'Most Haunted' but they did a two part show on the Queen Mary and got some pretty spooky footage especially of the pool area. Still unsure whether I would have the guts to wander round on my own though... 😨
matsaw (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
Hey akafatkid

Go ahead and tell us what you experienced that you don't want to tell on this site, I promise we won't tell anyone. Enjoyed your story though. As for you going where you weren't supposed to go, I would have to say that I probably would have done the same if I thought that I could get away with it.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
Priky,
I toured that exhibit at least twice while it was displayed at the Atlantic City Boardwalk. Personally, I didn't experience anything unusual- although I'm not sensitive to paranormal activity. I can tell you, one has to wear "earphones" while going through the exhibit, in order to learn all the details of items being displayed- So, I suppose any experienced activiy would be through "sight" or "feeling" on part of those taking the tour.
priky77 (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
pjod

Actually I was talking about the remains of the ship in the titanic exhibit...
If you could provide any information I would be thankful to you
Thank you for responding 😊 😊 😊
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
"We have seen, but will not discuss"
The most mysterious part of your account, with no details.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
So you admitted to lying, breaking and entering, and finally, trespassing, but you can't publicly discuss what other things you saw? Umm, ok then. 🤔
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
Priky77,
As far as I know, the Titanic is still at the bottom of the ocean. Unless you're talking about particular objects taken out of the ship by divers?
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
Ye, Kinda dulled the story right out by telling us you have seen but will not discuss... Shoulda just not said anything about that and we would be none the wiser!

Oh well, can't win em all eh?
priky77 (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
The story is really interesting (and frankly speaking I was attracted by it just by reading the name of Queen Mary) anyways nice 😊 😊
Can anyone here tell me about the TITANIC HAUNTING... Really eager to know about it... 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
Interesting account I would love to be able to visit The Queen Mary at stome stage in my life, like Rook I am also wondering if it was just an electrical glitch, either way it must have been very interesting exporing all the differant areas.

I am also curious as to why you would even bother to mention that there were things you witnessed onboard that you are not willing to discuss on this form? Besides us being curious and wanting know what's the point? Thanks for sharing.

Dan
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
akafatkid,

Interesting...still may have been an electronic glitch that caused the elevator to go to the engine room... Made even more likely when you consider that you hit a button to go 'up' and the elevator took you in the opposite direction.

As far as this claim goes...

"About six months ago we returned to the ship to discover my little elevator has been sealed closed. I know it has to do with a similar haunting I had experienced but the excuse listed was due to the age of the elevator."

I'm sure it had nothing to do with your and others 'breaking and entering', trespassing and numerous other safety violations.

You also state this...

"We have also seen things aboard that I am not willing to discuss in this forum."

Ummm with your other 'confessions' what could you have seen/experienced that you can not share with us?

Just wondering.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: