You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Hotel Horrors In Taiwan

Real Ghost Stories

Hotel Horrors In Taiwan

 

When I was about six (or five), my parents took me to Taiwan for a vacation. If you went to Taiwan before, you should know that it is a bustling place, with skyscrapers towering above you. Anyway I was very excited at that time. Mum wanted to shop for cheap goods at the famous Shi Lin market and already planned our activities there.

And so we arrived in a Taiwanese airport several gruelling hours later. After stamping our passports and everything, we boarded a coach with some others to our hotel. I still remember the hotel is a charming little building with a huge swimming pool. I felt sorry as I didn't know how to swim at that age. That night, we took it easy after unpacking. Dad offered to get some snacks for us at the shops downstairs and went down.

I was doodling on a notebook when the lights went off in a strange manner. One by one, they switched off and turned back on again. I thought it was weird as neither Mum nor I was anywhere near those switches. And they were untouched! Poor mum freaked out and dragged me down to meet Dad.

I was woken up every single night too, by someone or something ruffling my hair. At first it was gentle, then it became rough. I was sure it was not my parents as I was sleeping on a separate bed! I resorted to pulling the duvet over my head. On the last night, Dad was bathing. We heard a muffled cry but Dad continued bathing. When he came out, he said there was a shadow 'growing' behind him in the shower.

Supernatural or just overactive imaginations? But I won't be visiting Taiwan again for sure.

Other hauntings by GladysJ8

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Singapore

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GladysJ8, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fenrispro (58 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-08)
my friends have went to Taiwan, didn't encounter anything. I seldom travel, though I know of the general tips that before entering any hotel room have to knock and announce that u are temporary guest and don't mean any intrusion.
I've only been to a staycation religious camp, but happily just enjoyed the spaciousness of my room. Coz my house is quite cluttered, I'm glad no supernatural
SRCO1 (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-21)
I also had a strange experience at a hotel in Taiwan as a child. The hotel you mentioned sounds like a different hotel from the one I stayed at. The one I stayed at was a resort on the coast. I had a paranormal near death experience in the pool. I'll have to post the story on this site at a later time. I use to spend a lot of time in Taiwan in my youth. There's definitely some creepy places there.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
My thinking is that either that room or the hotel was haunted. If you ever have a change to visit again, you should investigate and find out what happened in that hotel?
GladysJ8 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-12)
Hi, maybe you two are probably right. The room may be haunted, though I have yet to research on that hotel as I have forgotton the name of it. Thanks! 😁
Xiao (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-09)
I went to Taiwan once too, but nothing happened, maybe this room was haunted, maybe something happened there one time?
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-08)
It was probably just that room that was haunted. Maybe just stay in another room or hotel?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: