You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Dark Ones

Real Ghost Stories

The Dark Ones

 

To begin my story, I had at the time been living at my aunt's home with my brother for personal reasons, and we had to share one of her rooms since the others were occupied by her and my grandma. It was a weekday night and I had gotten up to use the restroom. This was something I usually always did since I drank lots of water before going to sleep so it was normal for me. As I came back to the room, I noticed something strange. See my brother had his own computer and a chair for it and his bed right next to it, so he could easily access it. Well, as I entered I saw this man sitting there.

His whole body was as dark as a shadow, but he had features on him which were wild hair, a jacket, some pants, and some shoes. He looked kind of like Michael Myers from the Halloween series, except his body was too dark to notice any specific features other than the parts that outlined his body. At first I thought it was my brother pulling a prank on me, but as I looked to the side he was lying on the bed.

I figured it must have been an intruder, so I reached out to grab him to make sure, yet as I touched his face he vanished instantly right before my eyes. I did not even have time to blink as this happened. I decided to sleep since I had school the next day.

Anyways, afterwards I asked my aunt and her sister who lived down the street if they had ever noticed anything strange in the house. They told me that occasionally hear the gate leading to the driveway creaking open as if someone was moving it, yet when they went to inspect it, no one was there and the door was perfectly closed.

Well a little afterwards, another event happened at night this time on a weekend. My other aunt from out of the city had come to visit and had decided this Saturday, I believe, to sleep in the living room since there was no more rooms. Anyways, come nighttime me and my brother fall asleep. Well, according to my aunt's account the next day, they had heard the bathroom door slam shut with tremendous force. One of my aunts said afterwards that she saw this tall, shadowy being exiting after this occurred so, she got up and met my aunt in the hallway. Turns out no one else in the had used the bathroom in the house since me and my brother were asleep at the house. This was, however, not the last incident.

Another time my aunt had hired a woman to take care of my grandma and one day as she was taking her to the bathroom, she said that she heard a loud bang. As she went to inspect it she saw my dead cousin's photo on the ground as if someone threw it off from where it was in the living room.

Then, in another incident, I was asleep in my aunt's room, who had decided to sleep in the living room with my other aunt who had visited out of the city again. On this night, I awoke at night by these strange voices talking fast, exactly like how you would normally hear ghosts on videos and whatnot. I could not make out what they were saying, so I simply fell asleep. The next day my aunts told me they also heard these voices.

The last incident was one night where I had gone to my dad's home (my mom had passed away by this time), so only my aunt was at her home with my grandma. Well, come next day, she called my brother who was with me, if he had gone back to her house. He said no and asked why did she ask? Turns out she heard someone or something open the closet in our room, turn on the lights (she saw the lights beaming from under the door), and turn on the computer in the room. She had to ask my brother how to turn it off afterwards, and everything was where it had been and nothing was missing.

Few years later, when I had moved back with my dad, another strange incident occurred. I was curious this particular night, so I had decided to look up Satanism. Apparently one of the easiest ways to follow Satan was simply to say out loud that you renounced God and have Satan as your new god or master.

I did this of course, expecting nothing of it. That night I fall asleep thinking it was just a bunch of bogus information Satanists put up since then I was a Catholic. Well, I fell asleep and woke up night unable to move. I figured I had sleep paralysis, yet it felt horrible none the less as I could not lift my body up only move my head side to side. I turned and tried to call my brother for help yet all I muttered was low "help me..." I then turned forward and to my horror, saw this man in white clothes and a pointy hat hovering over my bed, side to side, with what looked like white facial hair. Though I could not see his face well, I felt as if he was smiling maliciously, and he moved his pointer finger side to side. I tried to scream, but I simply couldn't.

I then truly awoke from what was probably a combination a nightmare, false awakening, and sleep paralysis. I then began praying to God and after what seemed an eternity fell back asleep. From there on forth, I have prayed to God after these supernatural experiences with what I assumed were either ghosts or demons.

Sorry for being too long as I just felt I needed to get this out since I have only told a few other people in my life about what happened.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Iceman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

beautifuleden (2 stories) (66 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-15)
Isolde & Javelina: I hear you loud and clear! I don't even have a large family at all, and there are so many branches missing from my family tree because of all the fights, it's unbelievable! We all live in the same small town and makes life difficult, I just distanced myself from them all, they can carry on fighting about petty stuff by themselves... 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
Iceman,
You didn't need to put your aunts names up here. As a matter of fact, if anyone pressures you for names ignore them.
I do have an idea about the last incident that occurred the night to decided to try Satanism. This is simply my opinion, so don't go crazy on me. I feel the guy that appeared above you wagging his finger from side to side was either your mother in disguise (in order not to scare you too much) or a spirit guide. Either way, the message was delivered to you in a way that you would have no trouble understanding. Obviously, it worked and you did the right thing. (That is my favorite part about these experiences you've shared)
Now, the entity at your aunts house almost seems lost, or not aware of what has happened to him. The first time you saw him it was when you had returned from the bathroom, your aunt saw him after the loud slamming of the bathroom door, and then again he was in your room and had opened the closet, turned on the light and the computer. Whoever he is, I don't believe he is a residual image. I have to think he is a spirit who has either refused to move forward, or he missed his first chance to cross over and now doesn't have a clue what to do next. It may be a former resident who died suddenly and has no recollection of it, therefore he is basically lost and confused with no concept of time moving without him.

Jav
Iceman (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
Thanks everyone for the responses and I admit I did not clearly state some parts of the story. First, I had three aunts that were part of the events. I have others, but they were not witness to anything.
As the shadow man, I simply stated he looked like Michael Myers because had his body not been so dark, but normal like ours, it would have appeared is if he was wearing normal colored clothes like a jacket and whatnot. So while I could not make out specific features looked like let's say his eye color, I could make the outline features like his hair. Just imagine a normal person but with their clothes and body almost pitch black including the area where there eyes should be. Look up hat shadow man on google to understand better what I was saying.
I was I believe 11 or 10 years old at the time. The reason I touched this shadow being, was because I was curious. He was sitting in my brother's chair which he used to use his computer. I did not want to disturb anyone else or tell anyone since I would have been ridiculed with the exception of my aunts of course and thinking about it would have simply made me terrified for days thus, I simply kept it to myself and hid it in my mind.
I know it is hard to believe that a simple kid like me could have done such a thing rook, and I understand if you think I am lying about this incident and the rest since I did not explain it well as I stated above. Some people just get more scared easily than others and I was not about to stay up all night staring at this being or lay atop my bed pondering about it.
I was not a teenager at the time of course and I am now 16 which is why I started my experience with the words at the time not, oh a few days ago or something like that. Also, I was Catholic before the Satanic incident and was again afterwards. I know it did not seem relevant to anything else, but due to the event that happened afterwards, with the man floating over my head, I felt to include it anyway to make it seem clearer. Again, curiosity got the better of me which led me to get all into it that particular night.
The aunt that I lived with was named Justa, the one who lived down the street was named Emilia, the one who would come to visit from her city was named Rita. I didn't want to include their names to protect their privacy and keep them anonymous, which is why I just called them my aunts. Also, my two brothers (including the one who lived with me in in my aunt's home) and my father don't believe in the paranormal, so telling them would just make them think I am making stories up or having nightmares.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
Isolde,
That's the best explanation I've heard, our family Xmas doesn't include the whole bunch of them either. And yes, it's the ridiculous arguments that are the cause. Hell, those fights were one of the reasons I moved out of California altogether. Let them fight, I'm far enough away that I no longer have to worry about finding them on my doorstep anymore. 😉

Jav
Isolde (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
[at] beautifuleden. An expensive Christmas? Well, that depends... I come from a Catholic nest myself. I've only one sister, but my mum has 7 brothers and 3 sisters. And my dad 3 brothers and 4 sisters... But the amount of intrigues, fights (the most famous one over inheritance matters) causes enough drifts in the entire family to not have expensive holidays... Sad actually.
(Yeah, I know, completely off topic, but sometimes I just can't help myself...)
beautifuleden (2 stories) (66 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
[at] Javelina: Wow! You win the "most aunty" contest! Christmas must be an expensive time for you... Lol:)
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
[at] rook and beautifuleden,
I have six sisters. My father had four brothers and seven sisters. THAT'S a hell of a lot of aunts. This one's got nothing on me. 😆 Plus, he does mention growing up as a Catholic, same as myself. In my day that meant no birth control.
[at] Iceman,
When you came back from the bathroom you say:
"As I came back to the room, I noticed something strange. See my brother had his own computer and a chair for it and his bed right next to it, so he could easily access it. Well, as I entered I saw this man sitting there."
Where? On the chair? On top of the computer?
I have a problem with the part where you reach out to grab him. That seems a bit daring for anyone to try if you don't know who it is and especially if you thought it might be an intruder. I can understand you having been confused, when you first saw this being, about who or what he was and where he came from. I don't get the Micheal Myers reference as part of how he looked though. If he was dark and had no features, how could you tell what he was wearing? All the other incidents sound like they are legit to me. I do have a problem with the fact that you were willing to try Satanism, but I am happy you changed your mind.
I am sorry you lost your mother at such a young age. I hope things have calmed down around you and you have found peace.
Thank you for sharing.

Jav ❤
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
Iceman,

The lovely thing about this site is that no matter how small or 'boring' your experience may have seemed, we still enjoy reading. There is no need to feel that you have to spice things up a bit!

Im not sure which parts of your story are true but I have to agree with Rook, it seems a bit far fetched.
beautifuleden (2 stories) (66 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
haha, Rook, I also thought there were a hell of a lot of aunts! 😆
Cfinnegan (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
" I was curious this particular night, so I had decided to look up Satanism. Apparently one of the easiest ways to follow Satan was simply to say out loud that you renounced God and have Satan as your new god or master."

I don't see how this would be relevant in any way to what was happening.

I was actually expecting to see that you had written about a rocking chair going back and forth on its own.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
Iceman,

A few questions...

First:

You stated...

"As I came back to the room, I noticed something strange. See my brother had his own computer and a chair for it and his bed right next to it, so he could easily access it. Well, as I entered I saw this man sitting there.

His whole body was as dark as a shadow, but he had features on him which were wild hair, a jacket, some pants, and some shoes. He looked kind of like Michael Myers from the Halloween series, except his body was too dark to notice any specific features other than the parts that outlined his body."

So which is it? Was his body to dark to notice specific features or did you see his "wild hair, a jacket, some pants, and some shoes. He looked kind of like Michael Myers..." It can't be both ways...

Second:

How old are you? (teenager is kind of vague) I ask because of this statement...

"I figured it must have been an intruder, so I reached out to grab him to make sure, yet as I touched his face he vanished instantly right before my eyes. I did not even have time to blink as this happened. I decided to sleep since I had school the next day."

Ummm...you thought it may be an intruder, an intruder that looked like Michael Myers from the movie 'Halloween' movie and you reached to 'touch his face'? I was a teenager when that movie was first released and after watching it I couldn't walk down my hallway without the light being on. So I find it hard to believe you just 'gently' reached out to 'touch' his face.

You just simply 'went to sleep' after this...didn't try to wake anybody up and talk about what had just happened... Nerves so calm you just went back to bed. I wish I had your 'nerve'.

Third:

How many Aunts do you have?

Forth:

You stated this...

"Few years later, when I had moved back with my dad, another strange incident occurred. I was curious this particular night, so I had decided to look up Satanism..."

Ummm Ok...fine...not sure what 'books/websites you visited... But if this is the case then how old were you when you saw Michael Myers in your room? Certainly not a teen yet...

Overall after reading this all I wish to do is grab what we call a B/S Blankie and toss it over this entire story because I feel that is just what it is, A STORY and not true experiences.

Respectfully,

Rook
trusted_soul (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
"Apparently one of the easiest ways to follow Satan was simply to say out loud that you renounced God and have Satan as your new god or master. I did this of course, expecting nothing of it. That night I fall asleep thinking it was just a bunch of bogus information Satanists put up since then I was a Catholic"

Sorry but why would you do that? And also were you catholic before or after you read that satanic verse?
MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
It sounds like you have had some pretty creepy experiences. I have not had much experience with the paranormal (I think mostly that's a good thing as I scare easy), but word to the wise...don't play around with the satanic information you may read. True that most things are only as strong as you allow it to be, but something like that should not be taken lightly. I'm sure you already know this by now.

I hope that your experiences have lessened/stopped altogether.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: