You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Invisible Intruder

Real Ghost Stories

Invisible Intruder

 

When I was in my late teens I was living in my family's home in Warren, MI which is a suburb of Detroit. I came home late one night, around midnight, and parked my car in the detached garage in back of our house. As usual, I rolled down the garage door and locked it. After exiting the garage I faced the garage's entry/exit door and locked it as well. I'm not a person who is scared of the dark and I definitely don't frighten easily. As I turned around to walk into my backyard so I could get in the house, I bumped into what I thought was a person. It was big enough and solid enough to be. My first thought was that someone was in my backyard and I ran into them possibly trying to break into the garage. Instinctively, I pushed back but no longer felt a solid body. I ran to my back door where I watched the backyard while trying to put the key in the door (which is a pain when you're scared). We had a small yard that was surrounded by a privacy fence which would make it more difficult for a person to get in or out of quickly. I never saw a person or heard a noise.

What scared me so much was that I could FEEL the solid body. Have you turned around and someone was standing behind you and you walked right into them? That is exactly what I felt. The impact was enough to knock me back a step. It probably wouldn't have shook me up so much if it actually was a person. At least I could explain it. I eventually got into the house and told my parents.

This is the same house where I frequently heard my name being called at all hours of the day and night. It wasn't just my name that was called, it was my nickname that only my close family calls me. There are many times that I thought my mom was calling out to me because I was up late watching TV or she had come home early and needed my help carrying in groceries. Every time I checked there was either no one home or the whole family was asleep. Years later I found that both of my parents had experienced their names being called too.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DreamInBlue, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DreamInBlue (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
After talking to my mom she said she had once seen balls of light in the kitchen. We never researched the history but now I'm curious. We never really talked to any of our neighbors because they were always moving in or out. I wonder if my mom's curiosity of EVP's helped draw in more activity. When she asked who was in our house she got the name Steven. My parents have activity in their new house but it seems to start for a few days then nothing happens for months. After I moved out I got my first apartment with a friend and we still can't believe the things that happened there (I'll share that story soon). Now I live in a house in Ohio and it's as quiet as can be. I'm living a typical, boring, unhaunted life.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
Hi DreamInBlue, that was a nice narration. If your parents and you have heard your names being called, then there should be some paranormal activity in the house. Your experience in the backyard is quite scary. But did you investigate about the house with your neighbours. Did you ask your parents if they had seen any spirit or entity or whatever? Try to investigate and post it to us. I don't think there is any negative activity going on in the house. So, make some research about the house itself. It could throw more light on these activities. Kindly keep us posted of any such information.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-29)
I'm impressed you were able to get the key in the door. I'd probably have been so scared I wouldn't have been able to. 😭
DreamInBlue (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-28)
I have two brothers and they never experienced the name calling. It was always a female voice. I can't speak for what my parents heard but the voice was always the same when I heard it. It always sounded like my mom's voice but she is alive and well. We are all adults now and still talk about that place. My mom knew there was something going on and she got the idea to record EVP's from a show she watched. She told me recently that the voices were coming through were so frequently that she got scared and stopped. She didn't want to make it any worse.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-28)
Dream: Do you have any siblings? Did they experience any of the name calling? Was it always a female voice that you heard? The same voice?

Thanks, zeta.
Argette (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-28)
That would scare the bejeebers out of me, DreamInBlue. I have no explanation for it. The name calling I know very well. I used to hear it all the time, in the voice of a family member. The experiences stopped when the family member developed Alzheimers, and I keep wondering if there is a relationship.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: