You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: We're Not Alone

Real Ghost Stories

We're Not Alone

 

My family and I moved to a house in Minnesota, MN. Since day one my sister and I knew we weren't alone. I had a bedroom on the second floor of the house, and down the hall was my sister's room. Not long before we moved in my mom found out that she was pregnant. Within a few days my sister had to move into my room so the baby would have a room to sleep in and that's when it all started.

On the first night my sister moved into my room things started happening, things we couldn't explain. It was around 2 am when something woke us up. We woke up to our lights flashing, curtains moving, and seeing shadows walk from the hallway to the attic. We were so young we didn't know what to think or to do so we ran downstairs to tell our parents.

At first my mother didn't believe us, but then when I was in the third grade things got worse. When I was in third grade I fell and broke my arm and my sister had to sleep in a different room. Every night she woke up screaming. She claimed to have seen a man standing in the corner of the room wearing a black hat along with a black trench coat. It got so bad my mom had to sleep in the same room with her.

That night was the most terrifying night of my life. I was sleeping in my room, down the hall from my mom and sister. I was just starting to fall asleep when the bottom mattress on our bunk bed flew up and hit the mattress I was sleeping on. I was terrified. I didn't know what was going on; I was trapped between my mattress and the ceiling. Suddenly I was free. I sat there crying, too afraid to scream. Then, I heard this laugh, this evil laugh and it was coming from the attic. I slowly turned my head and there was a man sitting on the foot of my bed.

The next morning I found out things weren't any better for my mom and sister. They said that they saw people walking in the hallway, going to my room.

Things died down after my grandmother passed away from lung cancer and pneumonia, when I was in the sixth grade. At the time I had two new siblings, both brothers. One night my grandpa called saying he's moving, and we can live in his house he had at the time.

My parents were so happy to be getting a bigger house, they celebrated. When I was babysitting that night, my siblings fell asleep on my parent's bed in the room over. I was sitting in a chair with my two cats. Then I hear this stomping, like someone was walking around in a room upstairs in cowboy boots. When I went upstairs to see if anyone was up there, I found out that it was coming from our storage room, and I thought to myself that this door was supposed to be locked. So I tried opening it, and sure enough it was locked. Soon I hear a man's voice telling me to leave him alone. I ran downstairs and sat in corner thinking to myself, who was this man? What happened to him? Within a few days I found out what happened to him, he died in the house, in the living room.

After that things died down again. Now we're living in a new house, but things still aren't normal. When my sister and I first stayed the night upstairs in our room we saw shadows, heard things pounding on the walls, and we also heard this breathing over us while we tried to fall asleep. As far as I know no one died in our new house, so my mom, sister, and I are thinking something attached itself on to our family.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rheeb, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
Dear rheeb,
I have questions, that perhaps you will clarify for me:
1) Like Ari, I wonder what your father's reaction was to all this.
2) When you broke your arm, why did your sister have to go sleep in another room? Where did this 'other' evidently unoccupied room come from? (I have to wonder as you said she had to give her room up for the baby and share yours.)
3) Why were you sleeping in the top bunk with a broken arm?
4) What happen when you saw the man sitting on the foot of your bed? What was your reaction?
5) Your Mom saw people walking into your room and didn't come to investigate or call the cops, or move you in with them? She calmly waited and mentioned it in the morning!?
Andelas (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
I think you just need to be calm that you are living with ghosts. Ghosts aren't that scary to me. Maybe you can try to talk to them? (Am I too childish?) 😁
Bornparanormal (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Hi's
Iam 14 and my name I Ashley ash four short did you ever see a solid shape of anyone
serenitylopez (2 stories) (8 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Hi rheeb, there are some interesting things here. Firstly the man sitting on your bed, what happened? Did he just disappear? Did you stay in the room?

Also, you said your mum and sister saw people walking into your room? Now forgive me if this is rude but I find it odd that your own mother would see people walking in your room in the middle of the night and not come and see what the h was going on.

Also, the guy in the storage room; did you ever hear from him again?
Lunahenry (2 stories) (50 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
question for rheeb: You were the one that broke your arm, right? Were you sleeping on the top bunk with a broken arm?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Hello rheeb, apart the questions asked by Sceptic-Ari and WishfulNull, I would like to ask you that you narrated about the terrifying night and that you saw a man sitting on the foot of your bed. You also told that you were too afraid to scream. But why didn't you try to go out of the room to your mom and sister? When you were so afraid, how did you manage to stay in the room until morning.

You said that the events started dying down after your grandmother passed on. Was she living with you? If not, I don't see any connection between these events and her.

What is the history of the previous house you lived? Did you happen to ask any of your neighbours or previous residents or even the present ones.

Please clarify before we could give comments or suggestions.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
WishfulNull (151 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Oh, and I would like to apologize, if the reasons you do not mention your father and little brother or sister are personal, or sensitive topics! Thank you for understanding our need to question, as your answers could greatly influence our advice and potential answers to you, regarding the situation! 😊
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Hi rheeb, I just wanted to ask a question about the layout of the house, to get everything clear in my head. In the first house you lived in that was in MN, you had said there was you, your mom & your sister, and both your & your sister's room was upstairs. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just trying to get it right - your sister moved into your room so that there would be room for a nursery when your mom had the baby. But then, when you're in 3rd grade & your sister broke her arm, where did she stay? Were you in the same house at this point? If she moved into a different room, wouldn't that have been the baby's nursery? After saying about your mom's pregnancy, you never mention your newest little brother/sister again... I do have more questions, (I am also curious about the answer to Sceptic-Ari's question) I'm just kind of confused here, and I like to get the details straight, before I offer advice. Thanks! Take care, and best wishes to you!
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-19)
Dear rheeb,

Welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your experiences.

I am very puzzled with one missing detail/feature in your family's narration. I wanted to ask a question regarding that 'omission'.
You say,"We were so young we didn't know what to think or to do so we ran downstairs to tell our parents",yet you never talk about your father!
Do reply and I apologise if you find me trespassing.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: