You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Peachtree Industrial Blvd. And Winters Chapel Rd. Exit

Real Ghost Stories

Peachtree Industrial Blvd. And Winters Chapel Rd. Exit

 

Right about four years ago, between 2009-2011, I lived in Norcross, Ga. I owned 2 dogs- a boxer mix and a shetland sheepherder. Their names were Liberty and Justyce. I loved to walk with them from my apartment just off of Jonesmill Rd down to Winters Chapel Rd. And, despite the fact that there and back was a total of 4 miles, they loved to walk with me.

One day I was walking our normal route on the Peachtree Industrial Blvd., going out to Winters Chapel. My dogs, which were both on a leash, had wrapped themselves around me. I bent down to untangle myself. At the same time I looked up at the road. There was a man walking in the middle of the road with his hands outstretched and at his side. His palms were open. He was a black man, he was very thin, and he wore a red shirt. The red shirt was either dingy or faded, I can't remember which, but I'm leaning towards faded. I didn't think anything of it, because he didn't seem ghostly. He was as real to me as anyone I would see at a supermarket or walking on a sidewalk. I was going to walk up to him and tell him to get out of the road before he gets hit, but I had to untangle myself from my dogs first. I looked down at the leashes, untangled myself, and when I looked up he had vanished.

I looked all around me. There were no ditches, no trees, and the nearest office building was at least 100 yards away from me on the other side- yet he was nowhere in sight. Years later I told this story to someone else, and they told me that they think my dogs saved me from him. I don't know the history of those two roads.

If somebody could tell me if a man by that description had died there, or if they know of anybody by that description that died around that area, I would much appreciate it if they told me about it. By the look of his clothes he might have been poor or homeless, and he would have lived sometime between the 1970's and the early 2000's. I don't think he would have been alive prior to that.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scarlettsnowe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-25)
No, I don't believe I was seeing something that hadn't happened yet. I don't know. Sorry I haven't been on here in so long. Facebook consumes all my time for some reason, as does Youtube, lol!
Pete16 (2 stories) (49 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-11)
Scarlett, have you considered that perhaps you might have seen something that hasn't happened yet? Maybe keep an eye out for any news regarding that area... Or are you sure the figure you saw would be dated from the 70's-2011?
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
[at] SDS, I know, right? I did try to ask someone if there had been a wreck on that part of the road, but they said there hasn't. I wasn't really able to do any other kind of investigation, but I should have looked at the cemetery that was only a mile from there, or the Peachford Hospital 5 miles away. Maybe that would've turned something up. I don't know.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
Hello scarlettsnowe, I want to ask you a question. Did you happen to go by that route again for a walk, with or without your dogs? It is a pity that you did not pursue it or investigate it further. Atleast could have asked your neighbours or others in the area. I had a similar experience, which I narrated in my story, "The Old Man on the Road". Of course, we did some research, as we were in a group.

I feel that it might either have been residual or a random paranormal sighting. But without much of an information, it is difficult to classify into either one of the categories.

Nice narration and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-04)
And I don't know that he was homeless, he just looked really poor judging by his clothes and the fact that he was really skinny. That's all I know.
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-04)
No, honestly it was really just sort of neutral. Like, "weird," and I wanted to know what happened. The reason I thought my dogs maybe might have saved me is because someone else told me they had. They said that when spirits walk the way I described, they send off energy. But I didn't get any bad vibes from him at all. It was like watching a living person, but he was walking straight in the middle of a busy road and then he disappeared. Weird, yes. Scary, no.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-04)
MrMojoRisin93: Generally the submission page reopens on Mondays.
MrMojoRisin93 (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-04)
By the way, does anybody know when the submissions page will reopen?
MrMojoRisin93 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-04)
Did you ever try going back to that road? Poor and homeless, so sad.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-04)
Ms_sparkles,
I'm no where near Altlanta either! đŸ˜†Illinois here. I wish you luck in the research, I've gotten bupkiss on my end.
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-04)
[at] scarlettsnowe oh okay then aaahhhh I got frightened:D
Really then you'd have gotten goosebumps did it happen? Or did that thing scare you?
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-04)
I know. I feel maybe he was sort of neutral- I didn't get any feeling from him. He might have just been out enjoying the day, as it was a nice day out. If you find anything out, let me know. I've been trying to figure it out, (off and on), for a couple of years now. Well, not actively, but I'd like to know who he was...
Ms_sparkles (8 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-04)
Scarlette and valkricry, I'm going to do some research, I have absolutely no idea why because I live inTexas and don't know any one in Atlanta but I can get such a vivid image of him in my head! Also did you feel like he would have harmed you? Why do people say your dogs "saved" you, he may not have been a bad spirit.
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-03)
[at] Amie_16 No, I don't think so. It was too real to be an illusion, I think.
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-03)
Whoa! Honestly man your dogs saved you! They stopped you from going near that thing!
Do you think it was some kind of optical illusion? Or could it have been something else? Well you're lucky that it didn't harm you...
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-02)
Yeah, I did. Right now I'm in Cartersville, and I'm not in the Atlanta-area anymore, so that's hard to do. I'm just thinking that maybe it's just a really haunted area, what with Peachford Hospital, (which is rumored to be haunted), and Winters Chapel Methodist Church's cemetery so close and all.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-02)
Scarlette,
I was reading your comment about the cemetery being a mile from the spot. What makes you think that a ghost would be tied to where the body rests and not to somewhere else? What I mean is, I don't think a mile would mean anything to a spirit.
Sorry those links didn't provide any help. I did know he was Mexican and not Black, but... Have you tried asking around locally?
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
[at] Valkricry, sorry. Not him. When I read it I had high hopes, but Tony is white. The guy I saw was a black man. Darn.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
Ok Scarlette, I am sending 2 links. One is an article from January 2005, scroll down to the heading "Cyclist charged in road death " http://www.sadlebred.com/2005/2005storiesjan.html
The second is Anothony 'Tony' Serrano's biography. Take a look at the picture. Http://www.tonyserranoride.com/biography.
Now, I am NOT saying this is the guy you saw. But, this was a death on that road. I know, I might not even be 'warm' on this... But it's a start - maybe. đŸ˜†
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
I tried to, but I can never find anything. I've tried everything. There is a cemetery, I think about a mile from the spot where I saw the man, but it's a whole mile. And there is a hospital that is said to be haunted, Peachford Hospital, but it's about 5 miles from the spot that I saw him at. That's part of the reason that I'm hoping someone on here might know something. Besides, I kind of just need confirmation about what I saw.
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
Very interesting. Very curious. Have you Googled anything on this, Scarlette?

I'm looking forward to reading other comments.
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
I know. I was just hoping someone would have something, but those are all the details I have... I was wondering if there was a crash that he could have died on in that area or something...
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
Scarlette, I wanted to let you know I saw and read this, although I have no advice to give you.
Tracking down any information on him will be very hard without more details.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: