You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Barry 12497

Real Ghost Stories

Barry 12497

 

Greetings. I would like to share a real event with you that JUST happened over the weekend. Let me start by saying that I have no doubt of the paranormal existence as I have encountered many of situations and have owned two haunted houses. But this story is different from the others which I will share with you in a different article. I rent from a good friend. He has NEVER had any experiences and doesn't really believe in the paranormal.

I have heard noises and once while playing Xbox with Kenect in the dark, an image of a person showed up on the small screen from the infrared monitor. Yeah, it freaked me out, but nothing like this. Whatever is in this home is trying to make contact. The smoke alarm in my bedroom goes off at 3:03 am almost every morning. My dog barks at things in strange places with fear.

But this weekend my girlfriend and her daughter were sleeping on an air mattress in my living room while my kids and I were in my room. She woke freezing cold. She couldn't move. Couldn't see anything but bright light. As she was trying to focus and collect herself, something pushed her and held her down to the mattress and kept saying "Barry" then saying "12497". She didn't know if it was supposed to be "12497 or 1-24-97". She was terrified and still couldn't move for several minutes afterwards. She grabbed her daughter and came into my room and told us what happened.

An hour later the smoke detector went off again. Only the one in my room. Not the one 6 feet away in the hallway. I do not have a problem with spirits, but this one "Barry" is trying diligently to make contact and is now using force to do so. Any thoughts?

Other hauntings by cptnpat

 

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cptnpat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
Lets not forget if 97 does represent 1997 then we have two possible dates (12497) either Jan 24 1997 or Dec 04 1997.

I hope the O/P returns and keeps us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-03)
Ari,
You are just too funny 😆! Seriously though, a simple trip to the local paper's morgue could give the OP a wealth of information. Or if the town is large enough, the local library might have that issue on file. Of course that's assuming 12497 is a date, and that the 97 stands for 1997.
Might start with the locals asking if there was ever a Barry living at that house. Barry can also be a surname. Even the friend the OP is renting from might have a few leads.
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-03)
Could there have been a fire in your room on the date mentioned by the spirit? You said the smoke alarm keeps going off at a certain time (3:03am), this could be a hint?

I think researching the history of the property may provide some pieces to this jigsaw!
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-03)
I think your house is haunted!
Try contacting the spirit because I've read that when a ghost tries to bother someone they only need to be asked and need to show their existance! Try to talk to them and ask them what they need
Thanks for sharing
Aminah
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-03)
Dear Val,
Aren't you teh super sleuth!

I implore you to take me under your tutelage, or maybe take me as a blundering and bumbling Watson to your ingenuous Holmes.
Respectfully I submit my candidacy.

Ari
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-03)
Hmmm...I wonder why the it's the smoke detector going off at that time?
You do have quite a bit of information to start researching with. First is your address, plus the name Barry and a time with a possible date.
A very strange thought occured to me, while writing this What if it was not 'Barry' but 'Bury'...and the set of numbers a combination to a lock? The Smoke alarm to pull your attention upwards - have an attic?
😆Oh, my - I am sorry, I need to get my imagination under control here - but that thought did pop into my head.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-03)
Some good suggestions have been made concerning your experience...

You have some information you can check on... You have numbers (a possible date) and have a time (3:03 am) that is enough details for some research.

Thanks for sharing, please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-02)
You're girlfriend experienced Sleep Paralysis, and had an hallucination. Her being cold, not being able to move, and feeling as though she were being held down, are all classic symptoms of SP.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-02)
JAN 24, 1997? Maybe do some research on the house and that date?
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-02)
Maybe it's not a ghost? I don't know. Try looking up the history of your house and see if anyone named Barry died in a fire in your house. And I hear Rookdygin has a good cleansing method.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: