You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Transparent Woman

Real Ghost Stories

The Transparent Woman

 

Supernatural experiences appear to run in my family. Both of my parents have had multiple experiences throughout their lives, as have I. My parents never discussed these things with me until I began to tell them about my own experiences, and it seemed like a huge wave of relief washed over them, because they then felt free to share their own.

The event in this story, oddly enough, took place in a brand new house that had just been built. Other experiences have confirmed for me that spirits sometimes simply choose a house (or person) to occupy, even when they had no prior connection with it.

It was the summer after my freshman year of college and I was enjoying a break at the new lake house my parents had built about 6 months earlier. I was excited about the new house, which was spacious, had a sandy beach, and a boat. It was also relaxing to have a chance to sleep in until I was woken by the sunlight streaming through the window.

But one morning I woke up earlier than usual (about 8am), and it wasn't the light that woke me. It was the feeling of a presence. I get these feelings occasionally, but I usually try to dismiss them as my imagination. And, since they aren't usually accompanied by anything I can see, it's not too hard to convince myself of this. However, this time I didn't have the chance to talk myself out of it. I opened my eyes, sat up in bed, and felt myself being watched. I didn't have to wait long to confirm it, either. A woman glided through my bedroom door. She was beautiful, with light brown hair that went a few inches past her shoulders, and was completely naked. She looked like she was in her mid to late twenties. She paused in the middle of my room, as I sat in bed frozen in terror, as if trying to make up her mind about something. Then she glided over to my side of the bed and sat lightly down on it, only inches away. She was not looking at me, but instead, was facing away from me, staring out the window. She sat that way for perhaps 30 seconds before dissolving into nothingness right before my eyes.

I didn't move for probably 10 minutes. I just sat there in bed, thinking, and trying to make sense of what had happened, what the woman had wanted, and why she was staring out the window. I never saw her again, but when I told my dad about it a couple years later, he said he had seen a transparent naked woman of the same description in our previous home. Perhaps she followed us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rkenn2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-09)
You're very welcome, Smoken. I'm glad I could be of some help.
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-09)
[at] Val. Thank you for your explanation. That was my understanding of residual also, but I was unclear on a couple of things which you have straitened out for me now. 😊
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
At Smoken: A residual haunting is a playback of a past event. The apparitions involved are not spirits, they are "recordings" of the event. In general they're found at a location. They can't interact, or 'attach' themselves to anything.It's like a bit of film caught in a loop. 'Object hauntings', where a spirit seems attatched to an item, are usually of the 'intelligent' kind. I hope that helps a bit 😊.
At first it does appear that this particular woman might be residual, as you said no interaction. But, if she 'followed' the family to a new home, then she wouldn't be residual.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
I think too much is being made about this woman being naked, with all due respect to the other posters. I believe this is rkenn's guardian and she has probably been "overseeing" rkenn many times, just this time she came through. I don't find it was odd that she looked out the window... Sounds like it was a beautiful sight. Also, as far as the dad also seeing her... A guardian can oversee many people from the same family, my opinion only of course.

Zeta.
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
Hey rkenn2 I guess you're new here...
Well nice story but do you believe that you were awake? I think it was kind of like wet dream because the lady was naked and second, you should've looked out of the window at what she was staring, maybe there was something you never expected!
Thanks for sharing and regards...
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
Blimey, getting up at 8am would be a lie in for me. 😁

The fact the she didn't interact with you or seem to acknowledge your presence would point towards residual energy. But. I've always been of the understanding that residual energy attaches to an object and not a person. One of the more experienced members might be able to clear that up.
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
Naked?! Oh my gosh!
How long have your parents been seeing spirits? And for how long did they see this naked woman? Did you see her again?

Rockangel13
Jaanu96 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-08)
OMG! Naked woman? Lol:D
Interesting story!
Did you find any sign after she had gone?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: