You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Easter Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Easter Ghosts

 

This happened last year. My daughter was home for Easter but had to return to her apartment in Eau Claire that evening. It got to be late, so we decided we had better get her home. We left around 9:00 pm for about a 2 hour drive. We arrived, I helped her with her things, made certain she made it inside safely and started the drive back home.

Well, driving home in Wisconsin, Easter night, around 11:00 pm... Not really much for any kind of traffic. I was about half way home and as I was rounding a curve on the highway, I was startled to see two elderly people walking from out of the ditch it seemed, and onto the side of the road. I noticed the woman was wearing a scarf around her head, tied under her chin, and the man wearing a ball cap. I could see them very well. My headlights shined on them long enough as I rounded that corner, and I got a very good look at them. As I passed them by, I started thinking,...that seems really odd,...Easter night, and from the time on my car clock, just past midnight. It just didn't seem right. I decided, maybe they had some kind of trouble, maybe drove into the ditch or something, (though odd they didn't even attempt to flag me down). So I turned around to see if they were ok, or needed help. I drove at least 2 miles past where I saw them,... Without running into another vehicle,... And they were nowhere to be seen. I thought maybe there was a house they could have walked to, but I searched that out very carefully too and there were no houses even within 5 miles either way.

They couldn't have possibly been picked up by anyone else, and certainly wouldn't have just walked into the woods. I'm not sure how to explain it, but it really freaked me out the rest of the way home.

Other hauntings by bluesman9669

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bluesman9669, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

psychicmama (1 stories) (51 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-14)
Bluesman9669, first of all I had to laugh as I am from Iowa and it is so "midwest" to want to help people. I would've done the very same thing! The couple you described could be any people from the 70's, 60's, 50's when our parents and grandmothers wore scarves tied under the chin. Heck, even I wore that style when I was little. Also quite typical attire for a farming couple from the past or even present-day rural areas. I'm guessing they weren't real. Probably a residual haunting. It would have completely freaked me out too. Glad you shared a great story!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
You may have seen the entities of 2 elderly people. My grandparents were both born in the early 1900's. As a child and even into my 20's when it was chilly out my grandmother wore a scarf and my grandfather wore a hat that could easily be mistaken for a baseball cap. I think this was what people of that era wore. It's probable what you saw was a residual haunting. This couple probably took this walk many times when they were alive.
Regards
Red
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Have you ever thought that maybe the elderly couple were a homeless couple and actually did live in the woods? Sometimes when they see cars they do go into the woods so no one will stop. Just saying. However; not debunking this entirely, it very well could have been a couple of ghosts. As far as the scarf, a lot of elderly women wear scarves around their heads to keep warm.

Zeta.
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
This was a truly creepy story. Thank you so much for sharing!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Hi bluesman9669, that was quite an experience you had. I could really understand how you must have felt when you suddenly did not see them after you have sighted the "couple entities". I had a similar experience years ago, of course, in India near a town called Villupuram and I narrated it in my story "Ghost couple on the clearing field".

"it really freaked me out the rest of the way home" you said in the last paragraph would be an understatement compared to the feelings you must have had. Nice paranormal sighting.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
MissusTodd (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Wow. This is going to make it hard to get to sleep tonight! I agree with Swimsinfire, check the history, if you can. Perhaps a couple passed away on that stretch of road? Whether you are able to find anything or not, this is a spooky experience. Thanks for sharing!
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
Might be good to find the history of th area. Wonder if you'd find any information about a couple living in that area. Or harvesters who passed away in that area. They would have been hauled in but would walk everywhere, and definately to work. Pour things probably still going to work out of habbit!
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
Hey there! What you've seen probably seems like a Muslim couple, just guessing. After reading your story, well to be honest I don't have an explanation either but its a good thing you experienced something out of the ordinary without being hurt. Good share. Thanks.
-Shady
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
Well...that was weird to say the least. I think any time we witness something we can't readily explain, it's 'normal' to feel a little freaked out.
Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: