You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Bedroom Set

Real Ghost Stories

The Bedroom Set

 

I come from a large family... Shared a bedroom with 2 older brothers, so I was often put to bed in my parents bedroom since my bedtime was much earlier than my brothers. And then after I would fall asleep, I would be put in my own bed.

One night I remember when I was about 6 or 7 years old, not long after my parents had bought this antique bedroom set, after being sent to bed, I laid there for awhile, not tired at all, just lay there awake. I remember looking up because I noticed the room became a bit brighter, and standing in front of my mothers dresser (a low one with a big mirror on it) was a young woman with long black hair just standing there and brushing her hair. I wasn't scared at all I remember, in fact I just kept lying there and watched her. I couldn't believe my eyes. As I was looking at her, she turned her head and looked at me and just smiled, then continued brushing her hair. I remember I was looking at her and just wondering who she was. I had never seen her before. I even put the blanket over my head at one point because I thought she might be gone, but she was still there when I took the blanket off again. I had no idea who she was. I noticed she was wearing a long nightgown that seemed to be almost glowing blue. It must have been the smile, or maybe that she didn't seem to be paying too much attention to me, but I got out of bed and walked over to her and tried to tug on her nightgown to get her attention, but my hand went right through as if nothing was there, but she was still there. Again, she looked down at me and smiled. And again, maybe because she smiled at me, I wasn't even a little bit scared. So I got back into bed and just went to sleep. I never told anybody.

About 15 years later my parents asked me to watch over their house while they would be away on vacation, so I did. I slept in that same room that had the same furniture in it... Not ever even thinking twice about my past experience. Nothing happened during the night. I was however expecting my girlfriend at the time to stop over the next morning, so when I woke up to being kissed on the cheek, I wasn't a bit alarmed. But when I rolled over expecting to see my girlfriend... No one was there. I thought maybe she was playing a trick on me and began looking around the house for her. I even went outside to look but no one was around except me. I was kind of freaked out so I called her house (not expecting her to actually even be there) and to my surprise... She answered the phone.

Now I'm sure a lot of people would say I was dreaming (in both cases) but I am absolutely positive I was not. I am 47 years old now and can remember both as if they had happened last night. Many years later I did tell my sister who I am very close to... And was very surprised to find out that she had a very similar experience. I don't tell many people about it, but when I do, it does give me the chills for some reason.

Other hauntings by bluesman9669

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bluesman9669, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Narella (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Bluesman: I read this after reading your latest story. Your experiences make me glad I passed on an antique chair a few weeks ago. ๐Ÿ˜
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-17)
bluesman9669,
Sorry I missed this one the first time around. What a lovely story! It must have made a world of difference to find out your sister had experienced something similar to your own event. Validation can be sweet, especially in your case.
Thank you for sharing.

Jav ๐Ÿ˜Š
bluesman9669 (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
DARKNESS- My sister has the bedroon set in her home now. It really was quite the experience. Thank you for reading.
bluesman9669 (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
naeee- thank you very much, I am glad you enjoyed my story, and welcome to YGS.
naeee (12 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
hey blueman! I read your story and I loved it so much I had to sign up to YGS!

That must of been a wonderful experience to have, and its great you remember it like it was just yesterday.
Thanks for sharing.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
bluesman: Love reading peoples experiences with haunted antiques and objects. This woman seems quite friendly and also intelligent to notice you. ๐Ÿ˜ŠDo you still have the bedroom set at all?

Thanks for sharing your story!

Dan
bluesman9669 (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Thank you all for your kind comments. I am very happy you enjoyed reading my story.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
bluesman, loved this story, straight to favs.
Glad to hear you know people won't think your mad telling such an interesting story.
(saying that a little loopy can help!)
Hope you add some more of your experiances and the ones your sister has had too ๐Ÿ˜
Carl
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Great story bluesman, going straight into my fav's. ๐Ÿ˜ This is an excellent example of a haunted object as bacchaegrl and miracles have pointed out. It seems like she was content with where the bedroom set was and the family who purchased it. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. ๐Ÿ˜Š
bluesman9669 (2 stories) (6 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
I haven't had any other experiences pertaining to the bedroom set. My sister now has the bed and the dresser with the mirror on it. She has had several experiences in her home and her kids have also had some strange experiences. I have had some other small exeriences in my own home, but nothing like the story I wrote about here.
dragonwalker (5 stories) (77 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
I like it! Good story with plenty of details! Have you had any more experiences?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
bluesman - I used to think I was crazy LOL. Now I realize I am ๐Ÿ˜†, but in a good way. I keep a Journal of all my "ghostly" encounters. I've been keeping it since 2002. I also encourage people every chance I get to keep one. This Journal is actually what helped me realize I wasn't losing my mind. ๐Ÿ˜ Now it's become a normal part of my life. I record the activity my kids and I experience. I currently have 61 typed pages.

So, if you don't have a journal, and you still experience things, write them down. Doesn't matter how in-depth it is. You'll find a method that works for you. And I'm also reminding those who keep saying they will but haven't yet. And you know who you are ๐Ÿ˜†
bluesman9669 (2 stories) (6 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
My pleasure. I actually enjoy talking about it now. I used to think people would think I was crazy,...i don't really care about that anymore. I am very happy you enjoyed reading my story. Thank you.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
bluesman - I am so glad you came back and commented. I am also glad I wasn't wrong in my assumption that your ghost was good. I would have hated to have been wrong ๐Ÿ˜Š. Simply because, from your story, she just didn't "feel" bad.

I'm also glad your sister had a good experience with her.

Again, thanks for coming back and letting us know.
bluesman9669 (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
My sister did also see a girl in that room who also was seemingly glowing blue. She was younger in appearance though, and stood in the corner facing outward, and holding her cupped hands out in front of her,...like she was holding something. My sister was around the same age as I was,. And she, like me,...was not frightened at all. In fact now,...i actually feel priveledged to have had the experience. She seemed a very beautiful and kind spirit.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
againsarahan - I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused by your comment. Why does the ghost have to have a better reason for being there? Why does she have to have any reason at all, other than being tied to her bedroom furniture? It's not like they owe us any explanations for being where they are.

Sorry if that comes across as being...let's see... Snarky will work for now, but she is where she is because she is. That's pretty much the way it is. Fact is, no one may ever know why and as long as she's not hurting or scaring anyone, why bother her?
robertar (223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
What was sis's experience?

Cool story. I once had a voice call me, which seems even harder to believe, but it seemed so real, outside me rather than 'a dream'. And blue gown girl sounds similar to many other reports of apparitions.

And I've heard of one awful haunting believed to have stemmed from a used bed set.
againsarahan (34 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Thank you for telling us this curious story. Enjoyed it very much. I hope she had a better reason for being there than just liking her bedroom furniture... Mysteries!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
bluesman - antiques are notorious for being haunted. As baccaegrl has suggested, the girl you saw appears to be attached to the bedroom suit. She seems to have been a "friendly ghost" who took a liking to you.

Was your sister's experience as harmless?

I enjoyed your story and am glad you submitted it.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Haunted objects are awesome. I wish I had a few haunted antiques. Seems like the girl attached to the furniture took a liking to you when you were younger. Has anyone else seen or heard anything weird around that bedroom set?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: