You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Old House In Pasadena, Ca

Real Ghost Stories

My Old House In Pasadena, Ca

 

This is my first post, and I have been really putting this off for a while but I think now's the time. Sorry if this is a bit rough, I was younger at the time so the memory is still sketchy.

My parents lived in this two bedroom house for a few years before I was born and had heard noises that they would think were my other siblings. At night when I was younger, I could hear slight movement of items that I would shrug off as my parents. The first time my parents really thought something was odd was around the time I was five. I would often have nightmares to the point I would run into my parents' room and sleep with them. Between my room and theirs, there was a short hallway that would creak if someone had walked down it.

One night, my parents were woken up by the creaks made by the hallway and were sure that I was going to come in. After around five minutes, I hadn't stepped foot so they got up to check on me. My other siblings and I were fast asleep, and we claimed to have never woken up the next day they asked. For the next following nights, the same thing happened again and again.

A few months later, my mother's coworker had gone overseas so we ended up taking care of her dog. I have read before that dogs can sense a paranormal entity but I am not sure if that is 100% true. Around the night, the dog would bark constantly in the hallway and sometimes around other parts of the house.

The last story I have wasn't told to me until recently by my mom. She said that sometimes when my older brother was younger, he would go up to her and tell her the man is watching at the end of his bed. We aren't sure if he was making up stories but she would say he'd just sit on his bed and ask questions when he thought no one was looking. A few years later, we moved out and nothing had seem to follow. What do you think it was? The only deaths we knew about were the previous owner's grandparents that had passed away a few years before the house was sold to us.

Anything helps, thank your for reading my first experiences.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rosehart, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-24)
Masha - I'm glad you chose to use CAPS earlier on, because without those I don't think anyone would have taken you seriously... That was definitely sarcasm. (nice try explain that by the way) And whoever would say "MY RELIGION IS THE BEST!"- clearly does not understand the common lesson. As far as i'm concerned, every religion teaches the basics first... That is kindness and compassion. Correct me if i'm wrong. Nobody cares what religion you follow because to each their own, but learn to get your point across without offending others.
rosehart (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-12)
Wow thank you everyone for the responses, sorry that it took me this long to respond!

About the dog, she didn't begin barking until three weeks in, and before the long trip shes stayed at our house before. When my mother's coworker left the last time, she never returned to take the dog so we ended up keeping her. She would only bark every once in a while.

I recently asked my brother about the figure at the end of his bed. Sadly, he said he didn't remember much of what they talked about, but only that if the man asked questions they would be ones that he already asked. Almost like they never had the conversation the day or week previous.

This comment from masha is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
Rosehart.
Thank you for your story, it was very interesting. I did not want to reply to you in the same post as the one I made to masha.
A few things. Yes it is possible for dogs, cats, and other animals to see ghosts. But the reaction usually isn't to bark at it, usually a low growl. I agree with BadJuuJuu the dog was in a strange place and probably wanted attention and was probably anxious.
As for the creaking in the hallway it's possible a spirit was walking back and forth but it is also possible that the house was settling. Next time if it is a wood floor sprinkle baby powder to see if foot prints show up the next day.
Now on to your brother seeing the ghost at the end of his bed. This is more solid evidence of a benign spirit. Ask him if he remembers seeing the spirit and what kind of questions the man asked. The nightmares that you had at the age of 5 were probably night terrors which are very common at that age.
I am so very happy that you did not say the ghost was in the bathroom though. 😆 😆
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
masha
I don't think this is the site for you as you do not believe in ghosts. The name of this site is Your Ghost Stories.
I have to tell you that you have insulted me on several points. First of all to say there are no such things as ghosts on a ghost website is contradictory. Secondly saying ghosts only go to dirty places such as bathrooms and toilets is downright insulting to those of us who believe in ghosts. But the thing that is the most insulting is your saying in ALL caps which anyone who has been in a chat which you obviously have is YELLING that we can believe what we want to believe but you can't change your point of view, and that you believe your religion is the very best.
I'm not a thin skinned person but I have had a VERY bad day so LISTEN UP masha. If you can't follow the guidelines don't bother coming back. Why would you bother if you don't believe in ghosts? To insult people? There are many people from all over the world on this site. This means that there are many people with many different beliefs and for the most part members are respectful of each others beliefs. If we do not understand something from a story we ask for clarification, we don't say well we don't believe in your culture/religion so it's not true or there is no such thing. We learn about different cultures ghost stories or beliefs. You are never too old to learn! But on the other hand you CAN be too old to be ignorant. Today you have acted ignorantly.
You owe everyone on this site an apology for your rudeness and if
You can't do that and agree to follow guidlines please don't come back.
To everyone else on YGS I sincerely apologize for my rant. I just had a bad day and masha was out of line with that post. I know it was hidden but people did in fact see it.

Regards
Red
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-04)
masha: Really, I understand where you're coming from as far as your faith. All we're asking you to do is stop and think before you post a comment. Terms such as "in my opinion" or "according to my faith", etc., are preferred. To tell someone that their beliefs are wrong because they don't agree with yours is considered "proselytizing" and is frowned upon here, as well as against the comments guidelines.

As BJJ has asked, if you mean "jinn", use "jinn". If you mean "ghosts", use "ghosts". At this point, your posts have come across as if you're speaking from both sides of your mouth.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-04)
rosehart: I used to have very similar experiences with yours regarding the sounds and feeling of someone coming around. I have realized now that it was my guardian... And that might be what is happening here. Sometimes we can have more than one guardian. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Off the beaten track so to speak, I do get real tired when posters come on to a site and start spewing their religious beliefs. Now if this poster does not believe in ghosts because he/she is muslim... With all due respect of course... Look at the title of this site..."Your Ghost Stories"...think one poster may have gotten "off the beaten track". Just saying. And this is nothing against your religion. As a couple other posters had mentioned, everyone has their own religious beliefs and for the most part, we are all very respectful to other's beliefs.

Zeta.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+5
11 years ago (2013-06-04)
"This site offers discussions on the topic of ghost experiences, with people coming from various cultures, so please avoid proselytizing or preaching, unless the author of a story specifically asks to receive feedback from that religious perspective. This site is not about religious beliefs, it is about actual personal paranormal experiences and exploring reality with an open and investigative mind so we can actually learn more about the paranormal, with the same empirical mind set that made science so successful in other fields. Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact."
Masha, you might find this bit of the comments guidelines informative. Nobody wants you to change your point of view, but you would be well advised to realize now that none of us are going to change ours, either. We all believe our religious perspective is the best, that's why we choose to believe it.
I stand by my original statement, if you mean jinn, say jinn to avoid confusing those of us who believe in ghosts. We can all communicate and get along, but only if we all make the attempt.

This comment from masha is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-02)
Masha, most people on this site use the word "ghost" to refer to the surviving intellect/awareness of a deceased individual. If you mean "jinn," please use the term "jinn" instead of "ghost" to avoid confusion.
Members of this site come from many different backgrounds, cultures, and religious beliefs. Keep in mind that what makes sense to you may confuse the bejeezus out of someone else. Semantics and all that. 😁
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-02)
Jinn:
Noun, plural jinns (especially collectively) jinni. Islamic Mythology.
Any of a class of spirits, lower than the angels, capable of appearing in human and animal forms and influencing humankind for either good or evil.

Ghost:
1. The spirit of a **dead person**, especially one believed to appear in bodily likeness to living persons or to haunt former habitats
2. The center of spiritual life; the soul.
3. A demon or spirit.

So you see the reason for my confusion. Jinni are spirits, but so are ghosts. And ghosts are defined as "spirits of the dead" whereas Jinni are not. They are considered spirits in their own right and not that of a human. *sigh*

This comment from masha is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-01)
Out of curiosity what kind of questions did this male spirit asked your brother. I find it comical that the man asked the questions when no one was looking. You'r lucky that the spirit didn't follow you to your next house. Thank Goodness. I also agree with the other comments on the ghost being harmless.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+6
11 years ago (2013-06-01)
masha: I'm afraid you have me a bit confused. In your last comment on this thread: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=3190#comment you state that ghosts do not exist. Maybe it's not me who is confused?

This comment from masha is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

biolizard987 (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-01)
Dogs are used to find ghosts. Dogs can feel things and hear things that we can't.This is a cool story. I have never been in a haunted house.
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
Hi, Rosehart. Thanks for your story. The part I found most interesting was when your brother said he could see a man at the end of his bed. He mustn't have been frightened, since he felt secure enough to talk with this man.

I agree with BadJuuJuu that--if there was an entity--it was benign. Those are the best kind! 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
If you were sharing the house with a ghost, it seems it was a benign one. You don't indicate that anyone was particularly frightened, or felt threatened.
I wouldn't chalk up the dog barking to anything paranormal. He was away from his own home, and at night he may have been feeling insecure or ignored, so started barking. Dogs also have much keener senses than we do. He could have heard or smelled something you were unaware of.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: