You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Dad's Friend

Real Ghost Stories

My Dad's Friend

 

This happened to my dad in the late 70's early 80's. My dad was sitting at the kitchen table talking to one of my cousins about one of his friends who drowned in a lake. He said when he mentioned his friend's name "closet door opened and out walked his friend." My dad was in shock when he told him they would find him at point 10 at 10 in the morning on the lake. My dad, not being scared of nothing, was shocked that he seen this.

My dad left the house and went next door to my aunt's to get my mom. Mom said when she walked in the whole house smelled of fresh roses and there was puddle of water in front of the closet door. My dad was shocked when his friend's wife called and told him when and where they found his body. My dad couldn't believe what he was hearing "considering his friend told him the day before from the closet where and when they would find him."

My dad really didn't believe in ghosts until this day when this happened. Mom almost didn't believe him until she walked in the house to smell the roses and see the water. One thing you have to know is my dad would never make a story up like this. My dad is too honest I just couldn't believe the story when they was telling me this.

My dad and mom never went to the lake after this has happened. I guess it was just too much for dad to handle considering that was one of his best friends.

So let me know what you think about this story. Can't wait to hear what everyone thinks. This was a story like I said my mom, dad and cousin all told me happened.

Other hauntings by d2424

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, d2424, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

d2424 (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-18)
I have heard the same thing I myself believe this. I have more experiences to post that you may find interesting. I will post one in a little bit hope it don't take to long to be put up for you all to read. Thanks for the comments.
letmebeinvisible (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-18)
At least the friend could have some ending. I've heard that spirits that bodies, have never been found, tend to haunt a lot more and cannot be put to rest
d2424 (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-17)
it was after he drowned
That he walked out of the closet. I thought it was kind of crazy my self when they told me that. But yeah it was after wards
rynne (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-17)
Thank you, d2424. I am trying to understand whether your father's friend appeared from the closet before or after drowning. If before drowning, then whose drowning was he talking about, to his other friend?
Thank you,
Rynne
d2424 (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-16)
point 10 is the marker on the lake, that is how they mark the lakes by points. My dad knew his friend drowned just how it happened is what is weird. As for the roses I am not sure bout the smell. That is what my mom told me
kritesh (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-16)
there is nothing to be freaked we all are here to share and talk about this type of things no problem your fear will also gone someday
kritesh (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-16)
thank you for sharing your experience with us we all are happy to see that your father's friend want to contact your father he want to tell something to your father which is very important
Kritesh
rynne (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-16)
Dear d2424, thank you for sharing your experience.
I read it back a couple of times but was not sure if I understood this point: "My dad was sitting at the kitchen table talking to one of my cousins about one of his friends who drowned in a lake. He said when he mentioned his friend's name "closet door opened and out walked his friend."
-Was it the friend who drowned who walked out of the closet? If so, this confused me:
"My dad couldn't believe what he was hearing "considering his friend told him the day before from the closet where and when they would find him."

Pardon me if I am not catching it, just wanted to understand what happened to you, what you experienced: did the person who walk out of the closet was the drowned friend your father was discussing? If not, who was it that came out and talked about _before_ their death?
Thank you,
Rynne.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
I have to ask 2 questions. You say that the friend told your father they would find him at point 10 at 10 in the morning. What does point 10 mean? Also what was the significance of the house smelling of roses?
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
I agree BadJuuJuu, it is a common thing, particularly if the person has just deceased. It's happened to me as well. NOT a friend though.

If it doesn't happen again, hopefully it means they've passed to the other side?

I would also like to know as well, did your dad know he was missing, or did this information come out of the blue? That kind of thing can be really creepy when you find out later and you had no idea. It's a very tragic story.

Thanks for sharing in any case:)
Sue
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
It's not unheard of for a deceased individual to appear to a friend or relative, it seems fairly common actually.
I do have a question though. Did your father realize the friend was missing at the time of the visit?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: