You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

My Haunted House

 

Hi everybody it's me again. I live in a house in Poland that was built by my father and my grandfather. It is a big house and has a lot of windows and doors and a lot of antiques. I believe in the paranormal and for about two years I have been learning more about the paranormal (a lot from you guys and ladies). I just learned maybe 2 months ago that my house is haunted!

I watched a lot of ghost tv shows and read a lot of books and was freaked about it but I never realized that weird things were happening in my house. I have been living in that house for 10 years and a lot of strange activities have happened during that time. I believe that my house is haunted maybe because my mother died in that house from cancer and that we were kind of forced to move into that house. My Father wanted to live there very much with my mom and me being 14, I could not live anywhere without my parents (We moved from Canada).

The first experience I had was just maybe 3 weeks from moving in. I was hearing someone walking up the stairs but never seen anyone there. I thought then it was mice. I remember watching tv one day and it was maybe around 3:00 pm so it was daytime. I had the door to my living room slightly open and I noticed that the door swang open very fast. I thought that someone opened a window but nobody was in the house. I thought that the door would slam against the wall and as it got just about a couple of inches to the wall, it just stopped and started to close but very slowly. I was shocked but to tell you the truth I laughed a little bit and stopped thinking about it.

Some time later, I don't remember, maybe a year or 2, I went to a bar with a couple of friends. We sat there and watched a football game and had 2 beers. Nothing more! I took a shower and decided to go to bed. I fell asleep but something woke me up in the middle of the night. I looked up and saw a black shadow coming up to my bed. His hands were ready to choke me. I felt so scared that I tried to scream but I couldn't, but I just put the blanket over my head. And waited for a while and then decided to see if that shadow was there but it wasn't.

I was freaked and decided to sleep with the light on. My sister laughed at me because I was already 17. My wife actually told me the house was haunted. She said that she went outside on day to feed the dogs. When she was coming back to the house she noticed that all of the windows were wide and were opening and closing. She swore that when she left the house everything was closed. I thought that maybe she forgot to close one of the windows. I actually didn't, I think it was a ghost.

But the scariest thing happened 2 months ago that made me believe that my house was haunted. My wife and sister in law were watching a ghost tv show. I love teasing my wife about ghosts and she kept telling me to shut up. While we were watching the ghost tv show, my sister in law said she has to go to the washroom. She came back and we started to watch another episode when suddenly something smashed. We were all freaked. We decided not to move for at least 5 minutes.

After that I decided to check it out. I opened the door to the washroom and the mirror fell off the wall. I don't think there is a way that it would fall by itself. Nothing weird has happened lately but a week ago my step mother and dad decided to go and visit my sister in Canada (she moved back). He took some pictures of the house because he bought a lot of antiques and made the house look so nice. I was looking at the pictures and noticed that on some pictures there are orbs. And on one picture there are 3 orbs. I don't know if this could be made by a reflection or something but I do believe these are orbs.

I believe that some of you think this is a real haunted house but it's still hard to believe in it. Is it possible? Do you think it could be my mom? I'm catholic and I believe she is waiting for me in heaven not at home. But is it possible?

Other hauntings by ChrisB

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Poland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChrisB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Magda (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
I believe it was the ghost of your mum just trying to say goddbye to you!:)
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-22)
Thanks Autumn for that suggestion. I might go and try it. In won't hurt. Butr actually I want to wait one more week before I do anything. I kind of want to make sure there is something. I don't know if I'm imaginating things or just you know. If anything I will try your cleaning. Thanks for the tip. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-22)
You know, ChrisB, you CAN cleanse the house on your own. All you need is pure water and salt, and you can go about your house, on your own, and cleanse it. Spray a bit of the water and salt on every entrance (windows and doors), every wall, in every room. I generally start at the door everyone uses, and wrap around the house clockwise making sure to include every thing. It works.
😉
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-22)
Hello Autumn again. Thank you for reading my story. I have to agree with you religion doesn't matter. Mattters what we believe in. I to later got the feeling it wasn't my mom. If it was her she would give me a good feeling. Or maybe she was mad at me. I do miss her but I know she is with me. There has been some things going on lately and I will post it soon. I got the place blessed and it seemed to work but after a while possibly half a year things started to wake up. But its explainable I think. I will let you know soon and once again thak you for sharring your thought with me. It means a lot. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-21)
Hello again ChrisB.
Crossroads can be such a pain in the...
I tell you, I have been under the umbrella of many different religions, and the important thing is NOT being able to say that you are a Catholic. Neither is the most important thing being able to say that you are Baptist, Missionary, Buddist, Morman, Wiccan, or any other religion.
The single most important thing is the relationship that you hold with your Higher Power. As long as THAT is intact, there is NOTHING that can make you stray, as long as you keep up with the relationship.
Believe it or not, there is no "cookie cutter" religion. Just the fact that we were all created with free will and working MINDS proves that. Two people are not likely to have the exact same thoughts on anything. They may be CLOSE, and almost exact, but seldom are. BUT- THAT is how the Creator made us.
I will step away from the pulpit now.
I do not think this is a story about your Mother, simply because you have to ask. I would think that had this been her, she would have given you a neon sign that it was. I do not think she would have been able to stop that.
Thank you.
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Hi Chris,

I enjoyed reading your story very much. Yes I do think you have yourself a haunted house. But I really do not believe any of those you have encountered are your mom. Your mom would let you know somehow that it was her. When my sister came to re-visit she did things that she did in life, although none of the family could see her; except for her coming to me in a dream once.

I too battled with the religion vs paranormal, until I read in my Bible this week that there are spirits and not all of them are demons posing as a loved ones (as I had been taught).

Thank you for sharing your story.
FRAWIN (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-13)
Hello Chris,
I know that I`m a couple months late but I figured that I would give you my opinion anyway. I seems that you do have some activity going on and you are wondering if it could be your mother. I kind of doubt that it`s your mother, simply because it would appear to me that if it was she would contact you in a way that you knew it was her. I would lean more to it being a "stray" spirit picked up off of one of the antiques maybe.
I also sense(no I`m not psychic) that you are at a "crossroads" with what you believe - Religion -vs- Paranormal. While I can not, nor will I attempt to try, tell you what to believe. I will say this - I went through basically the same thing. I was raised as a Baptist and they did not believe in ghost period! Even though my faith told me that they didn`t exist, I KEPT ON EXPERIENCING SOMETHING. Over the course of my life my beliefs have evolved into something that my old preacher would condemn greatly. I have discovered that there is no black and white, it`s just a shade of gray. The most important thing I`ve learned is everyone has to choose their own path. Take Care Friend.

FRAWIN
bbyguhrlx3 (4 stories) (11 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
hi Chris !
i think its possible that your house may be haunted. Because my old house back in my hometown was I believe haunted too. I think its probably that the house is old and before they rebuilt it, someone had died in there or something like that. Sorry if I'm scaring you, lols.

I'm catholic too. But I believe that when someone is haunting you and if you think its your mom, maybe its because she needs to tell you guys something that she didn't get to tell you guys the time when god took her away.

❤ CeeJay (:
Peteys_granny (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Is it possible? I think it is, Chris.

I was pleased to read your stories and your profile. I got the impression that you might be having a hard time reconciling your experiences with your religion. That can be a tough thing to do. The only thing I can tell you, from my own experience, is that when you are visited by a deceased loved one, you'll recognize them. You may not be able to see them, but you'll know they're there, and there'll be no mistaking who it is; their presence will feel exactly like it did when they were alive.

These statements don't jive with my own religious background (we have that in common, I guess 😊), but they're true. So I do think it's possible that you had a visit from your mother, but if you didn't recognize her presence, it was likely someone/thing else.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-10)
Try yo talk to the entity. Use EVP. Use a tape recorder and ask questions. Be patient when asking questions for a response. You may not hear it right away, it may be in the play back. This may give you some answers.

i am a Christian and I KNOW there is a Heaven. I have also had experiences that make me KNOW that there are times when loved ones have not crossed over for one reason or another, maybe some unfinished business or to assure loved ones that they love them and are okay.

God Bless!
RainbowRobots (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-08)
With the times mentioned in the story it sounds to be two seperate spirits.

It is said that 3am is the time of the dead when evil spirits have free range. This is mirrored to the christian concept of 3pm(the time of which you mentioned the door flying open and stopping) Which is considered a loving holy hour of Jesus Christ's Death upon the cross.

this really wasn't a great insite to what is happening in your home but, that may be a good time to not be in your home:) haha

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: