You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Still Waiting To Have Her Blood Pressure Taken

Real Ghost Stories

Still Waiting To Have Her Blood Pressure Taken

 

Another story from the nursing home I work at. In the late summer of 2006 a new resident named Bert came to live there. She was very anxious and became at times very confused. At one time she even got on the phone at the nurse's station and called 911 saying she had been kidnapped.

In spite of her confusion, she was always adamant about her blood pressure being taken right after breakfast. She would not wait for the nurse, but hurry down to the dining room where those who can't feed themselves ate. The nurse was very busy down there so other staff always tried to stop Bert from going down there. She was usually stopped and, after a long talk, she would finally agree to return to her room to wait for the nurse. Many times, instead of going to her room, she would stand near the first resident room on the hall the dining room was on. She would wait there just inside the room until the nurse came back up the hall.

Bert did this almost every day until her sudden (for a person in a nursing home) death. She died about 6 weeks before Christmas 2007.

Sometime later in May of 2008 I was passing ice water on that hallway. As I passed the first room, I glanced in and saw Bert standing there as she had done for so long. She looked just as she did in life: same hair style, same build, same type of clothes she always wore. She was not foggy or misty, she looked just like Bert. My first thought was, "Poor Bert, she is still waiting to have her blood pressure taken."

Of course, when I took a second glance she was gone... I am not sure in her case if this was really a spirit or a type of residual haunting from her doing this so often when she was alive. Since neither I or anyone has seen her since, I am thinking it is just energy from what she used to do.

Other hauntings by Arwen1957

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Arwen1957, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-14)
Arwen,
I have to agree with Miracles. Maybe it was Bert's "one last time". Good narrative by the way, I really enjoyed reading it.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-14)
Arwen - maybe it was Bert's "one last time" before crossing over. Another great story, thank you 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-14)
Hi Arwen1957, that is an interesting narrative. You saw her standing in the same way that she was when she was alive. I don't think it is residual because if it is residual, then it would recur and others might have definitely seen it. Still with only one sighting, it is difficult to say. Keep your eyes open and still you can investigate the matter by asking more number of people if they have seen Bert. You can ask security staff, non-medical staff, helpers, if you want to investigate it further. If you get anything, kindly post it.

But if nobody else at all has seen her except your sighting, I feel that she must have come there just to get the feel of what she was doing before she passed on.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: