You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Possible Continued Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Continued Haunting

 

My wife and I were vacationing at a cabin my parents own in the North Georgia mountains one weekend and we had quite an experience. My wife and I have had mild experiences with the paranormal before so at the time this happened we both knew there were things out there but this is the most horrified both of us have ever been.

This event took place two years ago before we had married. We arrived early in the afternoon, an aberration from our usual schedule because both us typically work days and would arrive at this cabin usually late Friday night and would stay the weekend.

When we got inside and settled we almost instantly began fighting with each other about nothing in particular but we were going at it tooth and nail just yelling back and forth. I would say around 4PM it could have been as late as 6 PM though I started to experience these violent images that just seemed to pop into my head from nowhere as I am not a violent person. They would could come almost every thirty minutes and would usually involved ME killing either my girlfriend or someone else I knew in very brutal ways.

This had become so disconcerting and uncomfortable to me I asked my wife if we could go to bed early so we could leave the next morning (we both knew the weekend just was not salvageable and I even expected upon getting back to Atlanta we were going to break up) and she agreed, obviously being tired of fighting. We made sure to clean everything up before we went to sleep so we could just go out the door the next morning, ie: Close up the doors and drawers on the entertainment center, put any dishes away that we used, and throw drink cans out.

We were laying in bed and I was about to dose off when I felt my wife stiffen up so I perked my head up and asked what was the matter. She said she had just heard the guest room door open and then close. I told her it was probably just the house creaking and laid back down. Now, there are two floorboards in front of bedroom door that creak loudly when someone steps on them; we both heard that. Knowing that it would be impossible for that to occur naturally without hearing something fall on it I shot up out of bed, grabbed my pistol, and flung open the door, fully expecting to have to shoot someone. Once my mind had registered no one was there I realized the entertainment center was wide open, the TV was on, and the drawers in the side of the unit were all open and arranged in a stair-step pattern going downward. I then realized that the middle drawer of the table where we kept our phone books, since you can only use landlines up there, was open as well. Upon going into the kitchen I found the fridge, freezer, dishwasher, and all the cabinets open as well.

I called out to my wife for her to get in here and help me clean this mess up cause we were LEAVING. I guess it took us about 10 minutes to get the house settled again and grab our bags. We were both terrified at this point and eager to get out. I had the keys so I locked the door while she made her way to the car, and as soon as I heard the lock Click I heard a deafening roar; I mean I covered my ears. The only description I could give the sound is of half mountain cat and half inhuman shriek. Needless to say I bolted, backed up curvy gravel driveway going 20mph. I can only call it divine providence I didn't wreck us and preceded to go 40 down the curvy gravel mountain road that links my parents' cabin the blacktop, only slowing down because my wife started screaming I was going to kill us.

Once we got on the main highway about 30 minutes later did she ask what had me so spooked because I was in a lot better state of mind in the house. I later came to realize she didn't hear that roar at all.

Long story to tell you this one. My wife and I were pet sitting my parents' cats when they went to New York for New Year's and we got there late one night because we had things we had to get done in the afternoon. Everything was fine until we went downstairs in their house which consists of a den, storage type room that leads to the basement and a bathroom.

When I looked in the dark storage room I could make out a darker figure sitting on the computer desk. He/she/it seemed to be made entirely of dense shadow and had glowing yellow eyes. Is this the same spirit from the cabin or another entity altogether? I didn't get a good feeling from this one either. Any help or insight would be awesome. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, infiltrating_sun, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

infiltrating_sun (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-08)
Hey thanks ya'll have given me some really good suggestions of what to do or try. I tried to get some history on the land but I Can't find all that much.

I did talk to two different guys. One who told me that Confederate Regulars and the Unionist Militia had skirmishes right on my property, and the other guy said that it was possible but they were most likely fighting about 30 miles away. He was pretty sure and described some landmarks that are mentioned in accounts that would seem to fit that story, but in the end guess I will never know about that.

You hear gunfire up there a lot but it's in the south-in the woods-could be hunters. The whole native American spirit idea is interesting though because me wife told me yesterday she didn't want to go up at night anymore cause she "sees the Indian," on the road at night. I've never seen him but I almost never see stuff. I asked her if she had seen any other stuff up there she hadn't told me about.

She says she saw a mean guy in a suit walking down the blacktop right before we make our turnoff onto the dirt road.
elainekleid (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-31)
Have you considered burning some white sage? Also lay salt in the doorways and around the property. It is meant to deter negative energy. It would also be prudent for you to ask Jesus to help you and tell whatever is negative to leave. If you feel uncomfortable then you could invite a priest or shaman or even a medium to check out the situation. Anytime you feel negative energy though, definitely start praying to Jesus. Sending prayers for you and your wife to have peace.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-28)
I don't have much input. But the terms that come to my mind when people don't see paranormal activity that other people do would be "blind" or "protected". Maybe both.

Personally, I've never experienced any physical manifestation of a spirit, but I don't doubt people who experience these things. I also generally don't see any orbs or ghosts or anything like that. I do hear things and feel things sometimes, but I think it's more of the effect of being around believers and seers.

There are benefits to being blind. For one thing, nothing can really affect you. There have been those occasional moments in my life when I've felt a presence. Every time, I've told it to GTFO. And every time, that method has worked.

It's been many years since I've experienced anything seemingly paranormal. Sometimes the easiest move is to just walk away.

Though I admit, I'd probably try humming "Pop Goes the Weasel" to see if the little girl came back. 😊
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-26)
one thing that I know from history is that a lot battles have taken place in the south with many deaths, I also know that here on the East coast that there is a lot of Quartz Crystal and limestone which can record energy from people past and present, What I am trying to say is that some of the things that you experienced might only be residual such as the talking, etc... But the physical movement of an object is an intelligent spirit it could be the spirit of a Native American, or early settler who does not want anyone living on that land.

Whitewolf,
robertar (223 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-25)
have you ever before experienced the 'heavy air'?its very interesting how that Happens.

Or an entity pushing thoughts into your mind - some people will argue that its just psychological?

I'd be Leary of anything with glowing yellow eyes.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-24)
There is nothing I can add that has not already been said, but this is a very good story / experience. I would try EVP recordings myself if you are both in agreement and perhaps take some pictures to see if you pick anything up.

Thanks for sharing
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-19)
Well, it's my opinion that recording wouldn't stir things up, but if your wife's belief is that it would, I say honor that. The mind is a wonderful, powerful thing; and if she believes bad would come of it strongly enough, it well could - at least for her. Besides if your happy with the 'status quo', why mess with it? I would still do some investigating on the cabin and land though just out of curiosity.
To the best of my knowledge there isn't a term for someone who doesn't experience a paranormal activity. I've heard them referred to as skeptics and non-believers, but that isn't an apt description. I've known some, that despite belief and wanting to experience come up empty, even when I could sense, hear, or see things. And, I have also had the direct opposite happen, where I detected nothing while they made claims. *shrug* As for actions - things seen moving, or the disarray in your kitchen,it's highly possible it was a one time occurrence. Someone coming in after the fact may never see anything. You may never experience it again. Ghosts/ negative energy (not saying they're one and the same mind you) don't always give repeat performances nor make their presence known to just anyone. Why? That's one of the paranormal mysteries. Some claim that it's all done by our own energies (telekinesis), EMFs playing with our senses, or we're just plain crazy and imagining things. Others say we're just gifted and more 'open' or sensitive to the other side.
infiltrating_sun (1 stories) (15 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-19)
Thanks Valkricry my wife will be happy to know that and it might mean that when we can go up there next I might get a decent meal!

Also the term void zones being a WoW thing makes sense because she is a real life friend we met on the game. Do you know the actual term for someone who doesn't experience anything despite others experiencing stuff or is there one?

I have a question for you though my wife seems to think running recorders and stuff could make things worse. She said something around the lines of: Once these things know you are trying to communicate with them and they want to communicate with you, they will do so in more active manners rather you want them to or not. I for one am quite happy with the status quo; the spirits stay outside and we stay inside or on the porch. Kind of gives me the feeling we're watching them from a safe distance, but if that isn't correct I wouldn't see the harm in doing some investigating.

The little girl might be the sweetest spirit on the planet but she still creeps me out. Maybe because it is a child I don't know.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-19)
What Val said.
I tried to type out a response last night but my phone started an update before I could hit publish, and all my words went poof. I think having a space with leftover negative energy can eventually build up until it influences people. I believe the negative energy there influenced your wife and yourself, got yall started arguing, and that argument gave the emotional leftover the strength it needed to blow the cabinets, dishwasher, etc open. Just a release of pent up rage.
Everything you've said about the activity in the cabin sounds like its just emotional baggage in there. A simple cleansing would probably suffice, but if you don't feel like going to that much effort, there are some incenses you can burn when you visit. I love dragon's blood, sandalwood also has cleansing properties, lavender is very calming. A little incense may smooth the ragged emotions there and make your stays more peaceful.
The incident with the little girl is very interesting. The area sounds like it would be great for EVP or video evidence.
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-19)
The only 'void zones' I've ever heard of is in that World of Warcraft game. I tried googling it, because, heck I don't know everything, and that's the only reference they gave too. Might be a colloquial term.
Your wife asked if built up energy could open cabinets, and the answer is yes. The term they use for this is poltergeist activity, although there is generally a young teen around when that happens. (Usually a girl.)
The thing that worries me is your getting those violent images. You might try researching the land as well as the cabin. The local town historian might be able to shed some light on if anything took place there. You have a time frame to start with: that 15 year period prior to the purchase of the cabin. Old newspapers could be helpful there.
You could try cleansing the cabin, the next time you go, or have clergy of your faith bless it.
I find your little girl humming almost sweet, and the other voices very interesting. You might try catching some evps, and keeping a journal of the occurrences. You might be able to pick up on a pattern.
infiltrating_sun (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-18)
I never thought emotion could do that. I had my wife read your comment so she could see your explanation as well and she asks: "Does that explain my cabinets all being opened too?" She likes the kitchen up there but since then has been afraid to really spend a lot of time in it, We have been up there since the incident. I want to go on record saying that if it wasn't for her dad calling me coward every time he saw me I don't think I ever would have gone up there again, but there is only so much more of that I can take. Besides some noises and banging sounds nothing much to report about the visit except to say the land still remains active.

Also my wife wanted to tell you about "the little girl," I had forgotten about it, but on one of our first trips up there together I was grilling steaks and she was out on the porch with me anxious to hear the talking across the creek I told her a lot of people had heard. I would say about a minute or two later we heard a young child humming "pop goes the weasel," I must have inhaled wrong on the cigarette I was smoking and began coughing, the humming stopped and we both heard "Stop that." The humming started again but sounded more distant and faded away. My wife thought it was cool but I was creeped out.

Also I had to grab some tax documents from the parent's house today and I grabbed a small bite to eat there as well. Everything was fine at first but right before I was about to go The air seemed to get heavier and more foreboding. I didn't see anything like last time but thought I would mention it.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-18)
Interesting answers. Hopefully I can put my thoughts into words that will make sense.
The cabin being sold due to divorce makes me think there may be some negative energy, maybe not necessarily a negative entity, there. Sometimes when enough negative energy has built up, the energy itself can manifest. No intelligence, just raw emotion lashing out. With it not being a full time residence, there isn't enough energy turnover to push out the negative and replace it with positive. Every so often, you just have to clean a house's energy. If that's never been done in the cabin, there could easily be some residual emotion from the previous owners broken relationship. It sounds like the area surrounding the cabin is pretty interesting, and pleasant. The "sorcery" incident, that is extremely cool. 😊
If your family isn't affected by the yellow eyed entity, I wouldn't worry about it. If it wanted to make a nuisance of itself, your parents would be believers by now. It may not even be a regular at their place, sometimes entities just pass through.
I've never heard of a void zone, but I will have to look it up. Always good to learn something new.
infiltrating_sun (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-18)
My folks have owned the cabin for over ten years and I know it was built fifteen years before that. They got a good deal on it because it had been on the market for a while and the women selling needed to unload it due to her divorce. She didn't tell us about anything strange happening there but since she was trying to sell it to us I doubt if she would have.

My parents don't experience anything at all. I told a friend with some knowledge about this sort of thing and she called them "void zones," don't know if that is a widely used term or not.

I knew the land around the cabin had some stuff going on it, more than one friend or girlfriend I brought up there over the years would ask if someone was across the small creek in the back of the house and we "both" would hear some chattering back and forth. A man and a woman but you could only actually make out about every 4th word of what they were saying. I took some pictures outside one night to test a new camera out. There was nothing but orbs due to bugs on the film but I did hear the word, "Sorcery!" clear as day in a quick whispered tone almost as if someone was shocked by either how quick it took pictures, the rapid flashes from the flash, or the fact the object could exist at all. Everyone that goes up there with me says they feel a strong guardian type presence at the top of the hill the land beyond the creek leads to. Some have described as almost a military type bearing. I do now that confederate and unionist militia forces had small battles up there during the civil war but don't know if they took place on my property. Another girlfriend says she saw two people a pale man and women watching her smoke on screened in porch out back, and said she didn't seem to think they were good people but I didn't see them. Could have been her imagination. The woods make sounds I believe are natural that sound like someone is rolling up on you at night with all the nocturnal predators moving about. Until this nothing overly scary had happened at all.

Lastly, my parents do not believe or experience any of this stuff so if they have seen yellow eyes they haven't told me.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-18)
Well, that's intense. I have a few questions, just trying to wrap my head around this a little more. How long have your parents owned the cabin, and have they complained about any activity in the cabin? Had you experienced anything there on previous trips? How often is the cabin occupied? Do you know anything about the history of the cabin or land? OK, that's more than a few questions, sorry.
Its difficult to say whether the entity you saw at your parents home was the same one from the cabin. I doubt it is the same one, but can't say for sure. Entities can attach to a place, an object, or occasionally a person. If an object was taken out of the cabin and placed in your parents home, the entity may have ridden the object in. It may have attached to one of your parents, but that seems unlikely. Entities form attachments because of an emotional connection, it isn't a random occurrence. I don't think the cabin entity is the same as the house entity. Another question, did you talk to your parents about this yellow eyed figure?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: