You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Unexpected Visitor At Grandma's House

Real Ghost Stories

Unexpected Visitor At Grandma's House

 

My ghost story starts at my grandmother's house when I was about 12 years old. Let me give you a minor description of the back room (TV room) I was in at the time. The back room is an add-on extension. There's a back door with the laundry room to the right, an armoire on the wall beside that, and a bathroom next to the armoire. There's a couch in front of the armoire and bathroom. In front of that is a small coffee table and, of course, the very large TV on the mantle in front of that. To the right of the couch is a very long hallway that leads to the rest of the house. There is also another couch adjacent to the first one that is right before the long hallway.

I was standing in front of the couch in front of the armoire and I bent down to pick up the remote. When I pointed it at the TV, in the reflection of the TV screen was a tall man standing behind the couch directly behind me (mind you I'm the only one in the house everyone else is outside on the front porch enjoying the summer). So I'm staring at the man in the reflection of the TV screen. He had on a long church coat and a brimmed hat and he was staring right back at me. So I decide to turn my body without turning my head to see if there really is someone behind me. As soon as I turn my head to look behind me he was gone. I cleared that whole couch and jetted down the hallway to tell my grandmother what I saw. To my surprise she smiles and walks away.

About an hour later everyone was at the kitchen table looking at old pictures. I was just standing there watching, still in shock from my encounter. As I'm watching the pictures get passed around, a small wallet-sized picture gets flicked out and lands in the middle. It was like the whole world stopped. I pointed at the picture and yelled, "Grandma, that's him!" She picks up the picture and says, "That's my uncle. He died in the backyard, which would now be the TV room in the back. They say he killed himself, but how do you kill yourself then bury the knife too? That was back in the day when they didn't look into homicides of black on black crime." In awe I shook my head then went outside.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RellieBoo1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RellieBoo1 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-04)
If I'm not mistaken he may have died in the early thirties. He was around the age of 40.
AngelaHauser (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
Wow just wow. I think that maybe he killed himself and as a ghost he bury the knife. I might be wrong. So don't judge me. 😜
Spotandangel (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-02)
This story left me feeling so sad. Your words about those days when the police did not investigate black on black crime made me cringe. When did he die? It sounds like it may have been in the 1930s.
blue-flamed-phoenix (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-29)
nice but sad story, maybe he was looking after you, or your granny
carolinemonster11 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-28)
Interesting, well maybe you guys were very similar or you guys shared hobbies and he
Felt as if he needed to connect with you, or he wanted you to know what happened
Or maybe he visited the house 1 last time before he went to heaven, and odd, I would ask
The police to re investigate that murder, you can't kill your self and then bury the knife,
Anyways thanks for sharing that and goodluck in whatever you do, and just remember,
I haven't seen to many cases besides one (on t.v.) that had an evil relative, have an
Open mind and if you find anything try to post a comment, I hope I will get back to it, I
Am in no way shape or form a professional, so please, if you were told something else (?)
Please follow that, anyways, goodluck again
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-28)
Wow. Indeed, how do you bury the knife? Maybe he wishes to identify the perp. But maybe your grandma already knows and it's too late to do anything.
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-25)
ah nice. If you want feel free to share any other experiences at any time:)
RellieBoo1 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-25)
No I haven't seen him since but there are quite a few others that like to make themselves known there!
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-25)
Im with Swimsinfire. Have you ever witnessed his spirit afterwards? And neat story thank you for sharing
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-24)
That was amazing! Did you see him afterwards ever? That's amazing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: