You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Giggling Ghost Children On Kauai

Real Ghost Stories

Giggling Ghost Children On Kauai

 

I just found out something that really messed with my head. I never told anyone about it and almost forgot it happened until I randomly found this article online.

I was driving home from a friend's house around three or four am. Out of nowhere I heard what sounded like children giggling in my back seat (yeah, the kind you hear in horror films), then my car's stereo turned itself on. I then proceeded to turn it off, thinking it's just defective and I will check it out later. Just barely a minute after that I heard the giggles again but this time my stereo turn on extremely loud. At that point I broke my stereo, said, "Try it again", got home, and got out of my car as quickly as possible, never speaking a word of it to anyone.

Later that week I was sitting in my car messing with my stereo. Once again the giggles, and my steering wheel turned a complete quarter turn by itself. Keep in mind when a car is off and it has power steering, it is decently hard to turn the steering wheel.

I don't share info like this with anyone because people just call me crazy or stupid. Things like this happen often enough to me to say it happens often. Has this happened to anyone recently? This was about 10 years ago. I lived in the Wailua area, spent most my time in the Anahola, Lihue, and Hanamaulu areas. I have seen as well as heard many strange things in those areas but this just really struck me on the goosebump nerve and it would be great to get some sort of closure about it and find out why and has it happened to many others.

Just today I found this posted on a site about the island I lived on. "Kauai - Some of the spooky tales involve children giggling and mischievously turning electrical equipment on and off."

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kauaianjuggalo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-19)
sorry...it sould read
"Did you get your car (instead of cat) checked by a qualified mechanic?"

To Err is human, right?
Do ectoplasmic organisms or entities Err too? 😜
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-19)
Did you get your cat checked by a qualified mechanic?
Metallic components make varied sounds when under different types of stress.

For example, leaf springs on which the axles of the cars rest makes noise/sound similar to screeches, almost human sounding.

Perhaps the sounds you have heard might be of such an origin.
eternal_flame (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-18)
Sounds to me like it's just a bunch of playful entities/spirits/ghosts, whatever you refer to it as. I don't think they intended you any harm.
josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-14)
Difficult to tell exactly what you heard, but would not doubt it. I have heard giggling too before when I was alone at home. I wrote about it on this site under the story titled "Lillie".
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-14)
Kauaianjuggalo, First of all, welcome 😁

Did these experience only ever happen in your car? Or in other places too? Also, had you had the car long? My thoughts are that it could have been involved in a fatal accident, and then repaired? Just a thought.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: