You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Something Evil in this House

Real Ghost Stories

Something Evil in this House

 

It's me, Leslie, again with another scary experience from my dad's house. I know I told you that I would never spend another night at my father's house, but I never been more wrong. It was last Thursday September 6, of this year when my dad got sick, where we needed to help out with the cleaning, cooking, and so on. Well, I and my husband Alex, were getting ready for bed, I took a sleeping pill, so that I could get a good night sleep, so I thought.

It was exactly 3:12 a.m. when I got up gasping for air! I sat up in bed and called for Alex, who was already awake, he asked me, "what's wrong?", and I said I feel like the house is on fire. He said to me, yeah, it smells like smoke, wood burning. We jumped out of bed thinking the house was on fire. My father has a fireplace in the living room, but everything turned out to be okay.

We went back to bed talking what had just happened to us, we both felt like the room we were in was covered in smoke, it was very hard to breathe, like if the air had been sucked out! A little while later, we were calmed down enough to lay back down and try to get some sleep. Alex, having to go the bathroom, got up and went out the door, about a second later, Alex came in as white as a ghost, and was saying, there is somebody in your brother's room, they are talking, and cursing, and when he went to the door, everything stopped, no voices, nothing. He started back down the hallway to my room, where we were sleeping. If you remember, my brother was the one who would play with a ouija board quite often when he was younger, as Alex walked away from my brother's door, he was saying to himself "It's only my imagination, I don't believe in this stuff", and just then, he said he felt something grab his shoulder and push him towards my bedroom, where he screamed and yelled "something's after me, something is after me!"

By then, we all got up and wanted to know what was going on, as we were explaining to my dad about smelling the smoke and not being able to breathe, and hearing the voices. He looked at us and to my shocking surprise, said there is something evil in this house! My jaw dropped because for the longest time I have seen, felt, heard things that can't be explained, my dad always denied, or never really listened to any of it, til' now!

My dad said that not long before, things, weird things were happening, like the t.v. Going on and off by itself, the bathroom sink would turn on, he said he could hear like there was pots and pans being thrown around, and when he would go see what it was, nothing seemed to be out of place, and then he said one morning, when he went to the bathroom, which you have to pass my brother's room first, when he heard somebody calling his name, Pete, they would say and the reason I'm saying "they", is because my dad said there was more than one voice calling to him. He then started to walk towards my brother's room, the voices were getting louder and louder. He stopped in front of the door, and said "who is in here, I have a gun, so you better come out!" After a pause, he began to open the door, when he said it wouldn't open, he pushed it with all his might the door swung open, and the most awful smell in the world came out! He said it smelled like something rotten and dead, and has he reached for the light to turn on, the light bulb blew, no light! My dad at that point said he closed the door and to himself started to pray, he said he had never felt like this ever, scared and confused about the whole thing.

One of you readers said that my brother must of opened a portal if you will, from the ouija board, letting all sorts of lost souls to travel in and around our home. My dad has let a person of the church who we have known all of our lives, to go see if they could "cleanse" the house, but needless to say, I think that it will not work, and that we will continue to endure these supernatural events. I just hope in the long run, something could be done to lead them to heaven and to stop believing that "they" are still living among us, when in fact they are dead!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TOOTER, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

A2J (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Hi me and my family had and have been under attack we spiritual house clean our house and like you it seems it don't work but we pray and ask God to forgive use if we have done anything and then we get olive oil and pray over it then we anoint our place the best book I have read is Spiritual House Cleaning by Eddie and Alice Smith it is so wounderful it is like a hand book to what to do this there web page (hope that is ok) http://www.prayerbookstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/14_15/products_id/9
😁

GBU
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-23)
My understanding is that there are "little ways" that we allow/welcome evil into our lives by doing things that we don't necessarily see as wrong or bad. There's some reason WHY these entities have attached themselves to your dad's house. The Ouija board may have allowed them entry, but they stay because there's some benefit for them there. I suggest a book by Mark Bubeck, "Overcoming the Adversary..." It has some good suggestions on how to cleanse your life so you won't be attractive to these entities, anymore. Hope it works for you and your dad!
God's peace,
Lisa ❤
jailarson (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-16)
YIKES. An excorcism may be necessary. Ask a priest to stay in the house overnight so he can get first hand evidence of what is going on. Exorcisms must be approved by the church and they want to rule out any other cause. Why they expect so much faith from their parishioners but show little in return is beyond me. But whatever it takes I guess.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
You should talk to a priest. Get some holy water and fill up a glass half full with the holy water I don't know if it has to be on a full moon I'm not sure . Someone told me to put salt on your walls as well. You can also say nicely and make sure it can hear you say PLEASE LEAVE THIS IS MY HOUSE. 😊 good luck!
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-22)
Dear Leslie,

Maybe your dad should move if things have become so out of hand. A cleansing and blessing may take more than one time to be performed to rid a place of an unwanted and uninvited guest, ghost and/or entity. You may try what has been suggested in all of the comments here. I cannot say I would know of any working demonologist in your country of Venezuela or are you in Arizona with valid e-mail? In any case, I would say try everything and if all else fails, move your father out. He does not need the additional stress to his health or well-being. Nobody does for that matter. I am sure you will find a solution. Please let us know what is happening.--Abby
Chris (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-21)
That is really wierd but try to contact TAPS or something but you should get a priest or something but don't try anytihng stupid!
JAMV100 (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-20)
The ouija board does open portals here and to the dead world and everytime this happens the person that played the ouija board will have to give them demon or ghost there soul. 😲
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-20)
I am praying for you and your family. I certainly hope your father is feeling and doing better.

How terrifying it must be for your family to have to deal with this! Is the ouijia board still in the house? I hope not. If it is, don't do what I did. Make sure it is removed from the home and desposed of appropriately. It needs to be torn into 7 peices and buried. There are instructions available on the net for destroying a ouijia board appropriately.

Pray, pray, pray. Make sure you have Bibles in all of the rooms, especially the bed rooms. When you hear the voices, tell them they are not welcome in your home in the name of God, firmly.

I will continue to pray for you. Please keep us posted, and thank you for sharing your story with us.

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-20)
Hello Leslie. I feel very sorry for you. Your dad is sick and to all of that you have a haunted house you must stay in if you like it or not.I'm sure you don't like it there 😁.I think that when your dad said that a person from your chuch will come and help may do the trick. These people have a talent and that person from church may be able to close that portal and let the ghost crosss to the other side. Just like my friends said before, Do not use a ouji board. I hope your brother doesn't use a ouji board. I know that these things are a bad way to contact ghost or evil spirits but I find them very interesting. Though I never used one. See you soon and take care
Revelations13 (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-19)
Im new to this, I don't have time to read it all, but yes, be careful with those ouiji boards. I don't believe it's ghosts souls. I'm more of a person of Angels and Demons, but I don't rule out ghosts entirely, but nor do I believe a ghost just romes around. I decide this out of reason, I don't know if there is a way to message me if you are interested in finding out more, and discuss ideas, I'd love to chat about this stuff with someone. Anyway, don't mess with ouiji's, they always seem to start stuff that are not good.

My solution is God. I base that on personal experience. As I said in other posts, even if you don't believe in God, go ahead and try the Bible. A helpful tool for paranormal experiences, if you will.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-19)
Hi Leslie, first let me say that I hope your Dad is feeling better, I'm sorry for his illness. It's no wonder you never wanted to go back to your Dad's house, that sounds so scary and I certainly don't blame you one bit. Ouiga boards are not to be fooled with, as I think your brother found out! I hope you can either take Shane's advice or find some other way to get things back to normal. Good luck to you.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-19)
Hello Leslie, I thank you for sharing your experience with us as frightening as it must be to you. Have you thought about getting a local medicine man to come in and perform a cleansing on the home, or you could perform a smudge ceremony on the home yourself. Paying special attention to the areas in which your brother played with the ouija board. Please keep us informed of any new occurances or success in removing the spirits.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: