You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Visit From Mama

Real Ghost Stories

Visit From Mama

 

My grandmother (moms mom) passed away in September 1992. I was born, October 1992. My mom told me we, grand children, would've called her "Mama" instead of "Grandma".

My mom told me when I was a couple months old, we lived in the house my grandmother passed away in. My mom would hear creaks, doors slamming, and hear me talking away when she put me down for a nap or bed. She would hear me giggling and talking away, and she thought, "Mama's home!" She always said it was my grandmother talking to me and making faces at me when I was alone.

My parents then moved out of the house and got their own. I was 12, and we had this old wooden rocking chair that used to be my grandmother's, it was her knitting chair. I had a dream, very real dream of sitting in a room on the couch, while my grandmother sat across me in the rocking chair. We talked about how I was doing, and so on. She told me "keep your head up, life gives you struggles, but you have the power to plow through them!" It stayed with me for the longest time. Now, because everytime I told my parents I heard or saw something, they told me it was my imagination.

My mom got rid of the rocking chair since it was too old and was broken. My mom got her own rocking chair and was sitting it in knitting one day. I saw out of the corner of my eye my mom jolt out of the chair and she screamed dropping her knitting. I asked her what was wrong and she said she swore she heard her mom yell in her ear, "You're stitching it wrong!" My mom's deaf in her left ear, and she was holding the left side of her head as if a bomb had gone off on that side of her head.

My mom, brother and I went to the graveyard to pay our respects to my grandmother. My mom brought some flowers to plant at her stone, and she was crying, saying "Mom, I wish you could've met my kids! I'm so sorry!" I saw my grandmother standing beside her smiling and she whispered, "I'm sorry too."

I haven't told my mom any of this because I don't want to break her heart, and make her upset. But, at least I know that my grandmother is sorry for whatever she had done, and she forgives my mom, and my mom forgives her.

When I was 17, my grandfather (Mom's dad) passed away. At the funeral, all the grandchildren were given a white rose to put on the casket. I kept mine; I refused to put mine on the casket and walked away. My grandfather and I were so close, I wasn't ready to let him go.

My son was born Decemeber 2013, and now I hear him giggling and talking to himself. I honestly believe my grandparents are visiting him. That makes me happy.

Other hauntings by ShawnaH

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ShawnaH, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ShawnaH (4 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-14)
Thank you! =) It makes me smile thinking and knowing it to. The fact of not knowing my grandmother physically, but spiritally is amazing.

Also, my mom just told me a couple nights ago she remembers my grandfather saying that Mama is waiting for him when he was in the last moments of life. My cousin and I both had children together, December of 2013, our grandmother is Mama- our sons are born 3 weeks apart. Her son is born on our grandmothers birthday, and my son is born on our grandmothers first daughters birthday. It's amazing.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-18)
this was so beautiful, thank you so much for sharing it with us. Maybe one day you will be able to happily share it with your mom too. Either way, I am happy for you that your grandmother is there for you and now your grandfather too. I agree your son also sees them too! So heartwarming... ❤
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-18)
I love this story, finally a story that has a happy sweet ending! 😆 And also I am so sorry for your losses.

-ERizzy
EllBell1415 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-18)
Oh my goodness! Your story brought a huge smile on my face... I absolutely loved this story! Thank you for sharing:)
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-17)
I love this! A story with a warm and happy ending. Makes a nice change.
amylou2215 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-17)
What a nice story. Glad to hear the great-grandparents get to visit. 😊
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-17)
Sadly sweet. I don't see why your grandparents could not be visiting. I do find it odd that your parents (especially your mom) would put things off as your imagination, when it seems as if your mom originally believed Mama was visiting you as a baby. Parents! Go figure! Lol

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: