You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Part of my Life in a Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

Part of my Life in a Haunted House

 

I haven't told many people this but I think I'm ready to tell the people here, about 14 years ago in my old house strange things started to happen, but only small things, like feel something breathing on your neck, to things ending up in different places. Well as the time dragged on things started to get worse and while these things where happening, I also learned about the thing which was inside the house.

One night I was in bed and I heard my door open and footsteps stroll into my room. I looked up and thought nothing of it, then the footsteps got louder and stop at my bed side and this was when I first interacted with the ghost, since I needed my sleep because I was going on holiday the following day. I got up and I said 'Please Leave me alone GO AWAY' and I could then suddenly feel the feeling of relief because I could sense the thing was gone.

The house was quiet for a few weeks, then things started to get worse. One night I came up the stairs to see some Grey figure came from the bathroom across the hallway into my mother's room, she was dressed in old Victorian clothes which kind of looked like a nigh gown, that freaked me out even more because this was the first time I actually saw it in its real form, but something tell me that this wasn't the only thing in the house.

Later on that year the ghost was doing more strange things, such as running up and down the stairs, shutting doors, throwing things off cabinets, but as things progressed I learned something, what was happening is because of what we were doing. I learned that ghosts don't like objects to be moved or changed in anyways e.g moving a wardrobe or painting a wall, since when we did it, it angered the ghost. My whole family had seen it, but I saw it most since I was the youngest. They like to leech or pick on the most feeble of the family (easy target), we discussed to get the house blessed but we thought it wouldn't do anything.

And then something happened which struck me. One night I was sleeping and was woken up to find my bedroom in a mess, clothes and everything on the floor, and then it happened, I heard something run into my room and stop at side of my bed. I couldn't stop sweating, I was in terror, my bed started shaking and I could feel a cold thing striking me, hitting me through my body, it didn't hurt but it was such a weird feeling and at that moment, I knew I was being attacked from something which didn't want me here. I screamed to wake the others up, they dashed into my room and the following day, the house went up for sale. My body was covered in bruises, the bruises didn't hurt, they were just there, unfelt.

I moved into my brother's room until the house was sold. It was sold about a month later and we moved out. I don't know how much longer I would of lasted in that house.

I don't expect you to believe the events which took place in that house, I just expect you to listen and thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lucas, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-07)
Lucas, don't worry what anyone thinks of your experience, we are all open to what you have to say, after all this site is for people to share their true tales. I don't think spirits 'pick on the most feeble', I think the young ones are more open to what is going on. Like I said, I'm glad you got out of the house so soon after the events. I wonder if you've had anything else happen since you moved or in any other places (since this happened so long ago)? I'd like to hear if you have. Thanks for sharing your story with us. 😊
Zagrebacki_Lovac (18 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-04)
I think that the ghost was realy brutal. Maybe it was controled by a demon a heard about a family that had the problem im
telling you now

BEST OF LUCK 😊
Lucas (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-04)
the future owner was a man who turned the house into a place for students to stay for university etc... But that was some time ago some I am not completely sure who owns it now.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-04)
You should never doubt your own senses and awareness. If you do, who will protect you? This is your experience, we appreciatte your sharing it with us, but, it happened to you> who is to say it is wrong?

I am glad you were not harmed in any way. Do you know if future owners of the house contunued to have problems? Just curious.

I hope whoever or whatever was in the house can some how find their peace.

God Bless!
Lucas (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-04)
Hey guys, thank you for being so nice and reading it people here are very understandable all I can say is thanks! ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-04)
Hi Lucas. Tht ghost really was brutal I just somtimes wonder why ghost can be kike that. I really liked reading your story. Well done. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-04)
Dear Lucas,

I appreciate your story and taking your time to share it here on this site with myself and the other readers. I am sure life for you is much better after your rapid move out of that house. --Abby
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Lucas, You have a really extreme experience that happened to you. I'm so glad that you got out of that house, who knows what could have happened if the house had not sold so quickly. I found your story both interesting and credible. Thanks for sharing with us.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Lucas, thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is not a matter of what others believe to be true, it is just a matter of what you believe or know to be true. Only you and your family know what happened within that home. Sorry to hear that you had to be physically attacked by this entity. But I am glad your folks decieded to move shortly there after.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: