You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Little Boy And The Lady In White

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Boy And The Lady In White

 

I wrote "My house seems like a mecca for ghosts" and was asked to give more insight on some of the ghosts of our house. For those who don't know, we have lived in my remodeled ranch style house for 10 years, and we have five resident ghosts in my house. A lady who appears in a white nightgown in the living room, a child, Fred (a man), an unknown ghost in the main bathroom and a more malicious spirit.

Three bedrooms were located downstairs down a hallway and from the dining room and two upstairs; one being used as an office. This time I am going to focus on the child and the lady in the white nightgown. We are extremely open about everything in my house and some of this was told to me by my dad.

At the time my nephew was two years old. My sister was working the night shift at her job, so my parents would watch him. We always leave the hallway light on when we are watching him because he is scared of the dark. We finally got him to sleep around 10 pm and my parents followed suit within an hour. It was about 3 am when my dad heard footsteps from little feet. Assuming my nephew was running from the hallway to the dining room and back, he quickly got out of bed to get him before he hurt himself. My dad opened his bedroom door looked left (where my nephew's bedroom was) and froze. My nephew was sound asleep. My dad walked down the hall and into the dining room to see who was in our house and nobody was there.

He was convinced his mind was playing tricks on him and went back to bed. My dad was just about to fall back asleep when he heard the footsteps again. This time he quietly got out of bed and opened his door quickly and looked left. My nephew was still asleep. When he looked down the hallway he saw what appeared to be a child about the age of 5. As soon as he called out the boy just vanished. My dad decided to sleep with my nephew that night.

The child had seemed to leave us alone until one year later when it started back up again. My nephew was into remote control cars and trains by that time. There were these two trucks that we turned off every time he was done with them because the batteries didn't last. Well, I was going to clean my nephew's room and had started putting toys away when it happened. The firetruck moved forward and the siren went off. Thinking I had pushed the remote by accident, I looked for it in the toy bin. I looked up, and I froze because the remote in question was on a shelf with nothing touching it. I picked up the toy truck and flipped it over and to my horror the switch was in the off position. I dropped it, then all of his remote controlled vehicles went off. I immediately left the room.

A few days later after searching on the internet I couldn't find anything but specs on my house. I decided to go to the public library to see if I would have better luck. After about three visits of looking through newspaper articles on a machine, I sat there in almost awe when I read the headline: Boy, 5, dies in accident. During the construction of the addition to the house, a five year old boy named Robert was playing on the temporary stairs and died from a broken neck. Apparently he lost his footing and fell head first down the stairs.

I decided to keep looking and found out that his mom, Cynthia, had taken her life out of grief for the loss of her young son via carbon monoxide poisoning in the garage late one night. The thing is the garage in question is where my living room currently resides.

*I will definitely give more information on the other ghosts when I can get some more time to sit and write.*

Other hauntings by askme75080

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, askme75080, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

askme75080 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-15)
The little boy can be a little mischievous but never does anything harmful. The lady literally just appears around the same time then disappears. I'm glad I did research to figure it out. 😊
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-03)
askme75080... Amazing story... I am glad that you've researched the reason of the spirit. Oh god... Little boy got such a painful death. May both spirit will get freedom from ghost entity.

Thanks for sharing 😁
L_22 (10 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-08-27)
poor kid:< but the mother shouldn't take her life for something that can never comeback. That's why the spirit of the child is still wondering around 😢
rhejhen (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-27)
Hi askme75080. This is really a sad story. 😭
The poor kid and devastated mother. I hope they can both see the light and acquire peace. 😢
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-27)
askme75080- Wow, that's so cool that you found that information. It really validates what you and your family have experienced.

Such a sad story though. That poor child and mother. I would like to think they are aware of each other.

Great story. Will be waiting on the next one!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: