You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Someone Looking Out For Me

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Looking Out For Me

 

All of my life I have felt things. My earliest memory of something like this was laying in my bed at night and seeing a woman with a parasol standing in my bedroom doorway. Sometimes she had 2 little girls with her. This was always a silhouette, never clear or lifelike. I was never afraid when I saw them. They were just there, which leads me to believe they were always there in my life.

I never mentioned this to my parents or gave it much attention at all really. It was just a part of my life.

As I grew older I saw her less and less. Then I got married to a very abusive man. I started seeing her again, only this time she had a blue glow to her. She would often be in the corner of my bedroom, just watching. Particularly after a really terrible fight. I was trying to get the courage to end my marriage and that is when the action began. One day I was home alone in the bathroom doing my hair. I heard an extremely loud crash from the kitchen. I went to see and a very substantial, heavy glass cake stand had somehow fallen in the middle of the floor in my kitchen. It was very far back on the counter with no explanation as to how or why this fell. I cleaned up the mess and dismissed it as something strange and went on about my day. That night my lady appeared to me in a dream. This time she was looked like you or me. She had brown hair and was beautiful, but oh so sad. She told me I had to get out or my life would be just like that cake stand, broken, shattered, and scary. I took this as a strong message.

The following night I had another dream. This time I walked into a house. In one room there were two twin beds and a desk in the corner. There were purple bedspreads and little toys on the desk. I also walked in a kitchen with a very 60's style décor and fresh fruit on the table. There was also a picture of JFK on the wall. A little girl in a yellow dress with a page boy haircut. She told me her name and told me about school and giggled a good bit. She was a sweet girl and told me her little sister was scared to come talk to me. The little girl even kissed my cheek and I felt it. It was so real.

I finally had the courage to end my marriage and filed all the proper restraining orders and went through the legal process of pressing charges and getting a divorce. During this very dark and traumatizing time in my life I often saw my lady with the blue glow around her. Sometimes it was just a blue glow in the corner of the bedroom and this allowed me to sleep easier.

I held on to an old china plate that I had hanging on the wall in my living room. We had purchased it on our honeymoon. One day when I got home from work it was sitting broken perfectly in half right inside the front door. NO ONE had a key to my home or had access. I was extremely cautious about security at my home. I picked the two pieces up and threw them in the outside trash bin.

That night my sweet lady visited for the last time. She told me she did that to the plate because my marriage was over and I needed no reminders. She also told me I wouldn't be seeing her anymore and that I was going to be just fine now.

I shared this story with my parents who do not believe in any sort of paranormal phenomena. When I said the name of the little girl and described them my father went pale. We have no association with my father's family. I have never known any of them and he very rarely spoke of them. He said that he had a great aunt with two little girls that were murdered in their home by her abusive husband in the mid 60's.

I believe that this was her, I didn't say names because this is a very private family matter. I think that once she saved me and my daughter, she was able to move on. I believe she was protecting me and waiting from the time I was a baby to save me nearly 30 years later. And just like she said, I have never seen her or the girls again. I hope she and the girls are able to rest now.

I welcome your thoughts and comments. And please if any of you readers are a victim of domestic violence, seek help and shelter. God bless.

Other hauntings by nolasara

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nolasara, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-22)
What a lovely story! Not that they were murdered of course, but that she was willing to stay and protect you from her horrible fate. I hope they all are at peace as well.
nolasara (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-22)
dreamergal - where in Louisiana do you live? There are so many haunted places here. I live in New Orleans; there is a ghost story for every corner.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-20)
That was one of the best things I've read on here! Strong mesage too. Thank you for an awesome story.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-19)
Thanks god that she looking out for you and your daughter to safe you from same fate. I am glad you are safe. I am from Louisiana too.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-09-18)
Beautiful. Very true words. Perhaps that is why she was there to save you from the same fate she suffered.
nolasara (3 stories) (18 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-18)
This happened to me quite a few years ago now and it still brings tears to my eyes. It is an amazing and humbling experience to know that your family looks out for you even if they never even dreamed you would be born.
Khili180 (3 stories) (78 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-18)
Beautiful story... Loved it! So glad you got out of that marriage... Thank you for the wonderful story. Take care:)
nolasara (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-18)
Wish-not - She only spoke to and appeared "life-like" in my dream state. It was only a silhouette or the blue glow when I was awake. I never saw a full bodied apparition or heard her speak when I was awake. I have also never had any dreams like this before or since then. I truly believe it was her job to take care of me before she could really move on.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-18)
This is a very sweet account with a very strong and sweet message.

Thank you for sharing.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-18)
Nolasara- Thank you for sharing this personal story with us. Proud that you are out of that situation. It's amazing that you had that type of guidance.

One question, on the last visit was it in a dream again or while you were awake?

Thanks again for sharing and the encouragement for anyone else in who might be in the same situation to seek help. There are people who care and will help.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: