You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Eerie Ouija

Real Ghost Stories

Eerie Ouija

 

Good Day all, I will start off by saying, I am a fairly skeptical person, although I believe the stories of others though, I have had very few things happen in my own life to truly make me a believer.

That having been said, I have a story that is probably worth telling... About 12 years or so ago my great Aunt and her daughter were traveling to our City for a town street sale (I am from a small town and every year they have a sale in May and everyone participates in the selling of odds and ends - a huge garage sale basically) They had packed up various items (some having been left by the previous owners of their newly purchased home) and began to make the hour and a half or so drive.

They had some bizarre things happen at the new home, and attributed it to an Ouija board that they had found when they moved in. Coincidentally, someone did take their own life in the home prior to their moving in, however I am not sure if that is the owner of the board. Regardless, they didn't want it in the house, and it was one of the items they packed to sell in the sale. They had a few bad things happen while en route to our city and joked that it was because of the board and kept on going, something happened to their engine (it couldn't have been too serious because they stopped at a shop and were able to continue on their way) they swore it was the board and threw it out the window... However once they reached my Grandparent's home and began to unpack the car they found the board that they had tossed on the way!

It didn't sell at the sale, and I believe remains in a closet. I can't say for sure if they just had some bad luck or if it really was due to the board... But it is a fun story to tell... I hadn't thought of it in years until happening upon this site. Thanks for letting me share :)

Best wishes all.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jenna, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kingoftheuniverse14 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-19)
Ouija boards freaked me out once and I've never touched them after that.
Me and my girlfriend at the time were at her place and our conversation had come around to the subject about ghosts. She asked if I had ever used a Ouija board before to try and communicate with them. I said "no". She then told me that she knew how to make a Ouija board and would make one that we could try out together. Not knowing the consequences of this, I said sure since I was a skeptic.
We started using it and she wanted me to ask questions out loud. I figured I would ask questions about my grandmother since she had passed away a little over a year and half prior and never really spoke much about her since I was still struggling to cope with her passing away. I asked "what was my grandmother's first name?"...Sure enough, it was spelled correctly by my girlfriend. I thought "Maybe I had told her her name". I asked where my grandmother was from, spot on. What was the cause of her death, spot on again. What restaurant did her I go to all the time when I was growing up, again, spot on. These were questions I knew for a fact, I had never told my girlfriend about.
I asked if she was happy, answer was "yes".
Do I make her proud, "yes".
At that point, the television turned on and was completely static. I knew full well that I turned the TV off on sports and for it to turn on without us touching the remote was bizarre. I turned the TV back off and tossed the remote control to the end of the couch and my girlfriend wanted to ask some questions.
Just after the second question, the TV turned back on and was completely static again. One thing I noted was the fact the TV Remote was pointing directly into the corner of the couch and the signal from the remote would have to go backwards, up and over the armrest of the couch and to the TV.
We both got a little bugged out by this and stopped immediately and she threw out the Ouija board.
That night, we heard footsteps upstairs (her bedroom was downstairs and her parents roomd directly above us, but they were on a week long camping trip). We didn't do anything but just listen and eventually it stopped. I went back to my place the next day and I got a phone call from her asking for me to spend the next couple nights with her because she kept hearing footsteps and sounds as if someone else were in the house. We broke up shortly afterwards and I don't know if the sounds continued. That experience alone made me never want to touch Ouija boards again.
nattypie99 (7 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-13)
i USED a Ouija before. It told us a bout evil and demons so we broke it into 7 peices and burned it. I couldn't go to sleep for the next couple of days. My mom has a frind who is a phycic and she said the Ouija was cursed so its a good thing we lit it on fire! 😁 😨 😐
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-19)
You can never explain if a Ouija board work's or not. Especially when your playing with a friend. 'Cause they cna alway's be foolin' you. They can possibly happen for real. I suggest not playin' wit' 'em. They can be VERY dangerous. 'Cause to tell you the truth, and rather any of you want to hear (or read) 'tis or not. You can never beable to say it does or doesn't work. No 1 can tell you if there is or isn't such thing as ghost's. No 1 know's the after life intill it happen's to you. Not counting of course if you have ever had experinces. But people ARE aloud to have there beleifes. But remember, There is NO proof whatsoever that what people say is correct. I say, believe what you want. But no guarentees.

~Gejro
CaptainHowdy (3 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
you have nothing to fear from those boards. You talk to no spirits or demons. It is your subconscience thought that moves the planchette... It's all fake.

But... You can have a lot of fun scaring your friends. 😆
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-06)
I am not sure why the ouija works for some and not for others. But it did bring danger to myself and others when I used it.
loveless22 (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-02)
I tried using an ouija board once... But it didn't work... Probally because most all of the people their were acting stupid and joking around...
almace186 (4 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-01)
i played with a quija board and nothing happened I thought like I would be haunted forever but I wasn't and it kept saying it didn't want to talk to us and it told us to stop immediatly so we did so 😨
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-09)
Hello Jenna. I could tell also that you enjoyed sharing this tale. How startled your Great Aunt and her daughter must have been when finally reaching their destination and finding the board had made it's way back to them. Thank you for this story.
Ohiowatha, I'm guessing if your board did not make it to your city dump someone in your dorm got a new to them Ouija board! Those things travel around dorms and barracks almost as quickly as rumors! 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-09)
Psycotic_penguin. I honestly can not imagine buying my child an Ouija board. They are not a good thing to play with. I can see why you would think that they are not a communication board as you had "no luck" with yours, but more often than not the people who have used one will warn against using it in the future. There are a few instances in which a communication board seems to have helped out in one form or another. You have to know the PROPER way in doing things while using the board. Personally, I think you must have had a guardian angel protecting you from the board to keep you from making any contact with a negative being or perhaps even an evil entity.
psycotic_penguin (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-09)
I have a ouija board that my parents bought me years ago--at least 9 or so. I always wanted one I was about 13 or so and heard some stories about it. Well I have tried it so many times-maybe I'm doing it wrong I don't know but it has never worked and I tired with a lot of different people. I was about 15 when I gave up on it and I just tucked it under my bed and haven't touched it since. I'm not saying these stories are fake or anything I just remember always wanting to be able to speak with a spirit to find out things about their life. Maybe I should try again. If anyone has some good ideas of how to set up the "scene" that would be cool... Also it doesn't help that everyone I know refuses to use it now. :P lol
TheOneWithThePower (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-22)
Ouija boards have always creeped me out. I've never really wanted one... 😐
Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-22)
Jenna, that was a freaky story. My grandmother and I were at a store and I saw a ouija board, and at that time I was young and didn't realize how serious they are. I asked my grandmother to purchase it for me, and she said "no". Then she began to tell me a story that she had one, and when it began to tell her the truth about somethings she was asking so she threw it away. She woke up the next morning and there it was lying on her desk. Eventually she had to give it away to get rid of it. Weird, but I never wanted one since then. So good luck, and God bless.
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-22)
Dear Jenna,

As human beings we are always quick to blame negative things going on within our lives on the likes of an object like a Ouija board. It is quite possible that the negative occurrences were separate from the Ouija board itself. It is also possible that the person who committed suicide might be the culprit causing some problems within the house due to being an earth bound and trapped dead human. Another possibility is that as human beings our own energies attract to us what we believe in or open our spiritual doors to.

A Ouija board only has the power we give it by our beliefs and by our own personal fears. If you respect objects and treat them with honor and respect they will return the same, as all living and non-living things will respond in the like. As is an example of fire, it can be both positive and negative in return to the holder of fire. Fire can cleanse, give warmth, cook food and light our way or with use in disrespect it can burn, maim and kill. With experience, knowledge, wisdom, honor and respect an object can open a door to the positive, as well as to the negative. It is in the belief and the respect of all things, including a Ouija board that there will lie the outcome of what human beings consider to be good or evil. Which will you choose to attract to yourself?--Abby
scarlettwitch (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-21)
Wow, there must have been some powerful magik in that board, whether good or bad nobody can really say, in any event I suppose it didn't want to get left behind! At least though, it seems it has quieted down since it was on the fritz. 😳
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-19)
That's a great story. I had a ouija board when I was little. I took it to college and threw it out when I moved out of the dorm. I have never seen it since! I guess I'm lucky.

Thanks
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-19)
Ah... The Ouija Board... People obviously don't understand that the thing can contact almost ANY spirit, good or bad... Possession, haunting, attacks, curses, not to mention it is a sin to use such a thing. The risks outweigh the gains by far. Never ever use a Ouija Board even if you are somehow do something righteous. It can twist it around. 😕
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-19)
I do believe your story. Once used, these boards are very powerful. I see that Shane listed how to get rid of the board properly. I had an exerience with a ouijia board before knowing much about them and we did not dispose of it properly which led to other problems.

I would suggest that your aunt rid her self and the hom eof this thing, just for peace and safety sake.

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

God Bless!
astral_walker (4 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-19)
rosemary after my sad and scary encounters with a ouija board id have to agree with you
Rosemary (35 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-19)
I know many people believe the board is a terrible thing but not I I believe the board was invented by a very smart man who found a way to communicte with those beyond the veil of death and I know that because I have done so.
The board itself is not Evil at all, sometimes what happens is people using it use it in the wrong way and insult and ridicule and this makes some spirits on the otherside angry that they are not taking their efforts to communicate seriously and they may set out to scare the ones on Earth to make sure they know there is life after death.
This is why we are told to always use the board in a kind interested way and someone in the Spirit World connected to this house may want them to keep the board hoping they will learn to communicate with them.
That of course is up to the people and whether they re interested in doing Spirit Channelling like Pyschic Mediums do.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-19)
I can honestly say I could tell that you enjoyed telling that tale. I believe that I was told the only way to rid ones self of a ouija board was to dig a deep hole place the board and all its contents in the hole and cover it with salt (sea salt) then cover it with the dirt. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: