You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Family House 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Family House 2

 

So I posted a story about my "Family House" and seeing a black-robed figure floating in the hallway through a closed bedroom door, but I've had many experiences in that house and I thought that I would take the time to share a few of them.

In the first segment of this story I talked about my daughter who was a baby at the time of the ghost sighting. Well, when I was pregnant with her I also lived in that house. I guess for the sake of the timeline I will work backwards in the events that had taken place there.

Everyone who has visited that house when my grandparents were not living there has had an eerie feeling that they were being watched- though some were more skeptical than others. I was usually alright in the house (though I had lived there for years) except for being on the spiral staircase, being in my room or being in the loft.

Every time I walked up the stairs I would get halfway up and the temperature and energy seemed to change. My sister and my two brothers always thought so too- so I knew that I wasn't crazy. I would get halfway up and feel threatened like something in the loft at the top of the stairs was waiting for me and it wanted to hurt me or scare me or both. There were many times that out of pure instinct I would get halfway up and run to my bedroom and slam the door out of pure fear.

Anyway, the back living room where the stairs were didn't really bother me too much, but sometimes I would get the feeling that something was watching me from up there. It was always really dark up there if the hallway light wasn't on and it made me feel uncomfortable to be in that room if I was the only one in the house.

So I was pregnant at the time and I was very sick while pregnant with my first daughter and to escape the misery I used to take a lot of naps.

One day I took a nap in the back room and all of a sudden I woke up with the sensation of someone touching my abdomen where my daughter was in my belly! I told you about waking up in the middle of the night like someone was laying on top of me in the first part of this story- and it felt exactly like that but it was only in my stomach!

I was terrified! I swear to you that I NEVER took another nap in that room again!

My boyfriend and I moved up north in Michigan for his job and my daughter was born in April of 2002. It was snowing hard (Yes, in April!), and it was a nice cozy time for having a new baby.

So the hospital staff gave us a gift basket to congratulate us and it had a bunch of fruit and chocolate in it- as well as a couple of champagne glasses and some sparkling grape juice.

We settled in for the night and admired our new baby and he poured us a glass of juice and made a toast to our daughter. He set the bottle down on the counter behind him and we started talking and laughing and all of a sudden... I see the bottle of juice floating like a foot over his head! I stopped talking and as soon as he noticed there was something wrong, it dropped straight to the floor! It fell completely vertical and when it hit the ground it sprayed all over the room! We couldn't believe it!

I know that whatever was feeling on my stomach when I was pregnant with my daughter had followed us to the hospital WAY up north on the day of her birth to celebrate! I just hope it wasn't the "ghost" in the black robes!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Trischa_D, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-05-22)
Suddenly, I have a song from Queen playing in my head. Something about "biting dust"?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-22)
Trischa, you've indicated confusion over what a mod is. We're the members who have the responsibility of trying to ensure everyone follows the guidelines and behaves with a certain level of maturity. I don't know if you've read the site's guidelines, but it falls to us to delete comments that are immature or argumentative. As you've also indicated you're done with our site, hopefully I won't be forced to delete anything from you.
Zephyrin (4 stories) (19 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-05-22)
Did the baby get baptized? That would be my first thought if something spiritual was messing with a baby. The traditional baptism contains an exorcism, and that would scare off anything that may have wanted to harm the baby.

I don't know what your religion is, though. Its actually better not to baptize unless you are some kind of christian religion.

I hope that doesn't sound preachy, I'm just commenting from the only perspective I have. I try to be careful with my words.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: