You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My 3 Year Old Daughter Sees Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

My 3 Year Old Daughter Sees Ghosts

 

It all began when my daughter was two years old. She would wake in the middle of the night, the same time every night (approximately around 2:30am) screaming and crying beyond control. It would take us hours to get her soothed and back to sleep. Sometimes, we would even have to bring her into our room just to settle her. Her room is on the opposite side of the house, which isn't huge. Just a 3 bedroom, one story home.

She has had some speech problems due to ear infections and could not speak very plainly until recently. These occurrences took place for close to a year and it really began to worry me as a mother. We had hung her stuffed animals from the ceiling and let them hang throughout her room. We thought this was what may be scaring her if she were waking in the middle of the night, so we removed each one of them. She has always had a nightlight since she was first born so that she would not be afraid of the dark.

After removing all the stuffed animals, she still had the terrified screaming episodes ad we had no idea what could be causing it, especially around the same time every night. Shortly after her third birthday, she began talking of ghosts. Now mind you, we watch nothing of the sort in our home, especially if she is awake. We watch religious shows, but we are sure to not watch anything that may scare her. Even cartoons as far as that goes. We are very particular about what is watched on our television.

She started talking about a ghost being in her room and in the guest bedroom. She doesn't seem to be as terrified as she once was, but it still concerns me nonetheless. Sometimes she refuses to go into either her bedroom or the guest bedroom by herself, even in daylight. She says "ghost in there" and makes one of us go with her.

Just tonight, she has finally, of her own free will, given me a description of the "ghost" and instead of being just one, there is now two. She has only described one with the features of brown hair, brown eyes, and short. She is telling me that "it" is coming to get her and the two ghosts are fighting against one another. Her exact words were "they fight mommy". I have tried to explain to her that her Guardian Angel is watching over her and that Jesus will not allow anyone or anything to hurt her. I show her that I have trust in her, in what she is saying because I don't want her to think I don't believe her. I have a hard time thinking she has made this story up when she has never even watched "Casper, The Friendly Ghost"!

I don't know what to say or do when she tells me these things. I say a prayer over her every night and promise her that Jesus will keep her safe. What really freaked me out is when she said "it is coming to get me". Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

I do believe in spirits on earth, for many of my family members have encountered the spirits of our other family members that have passed away, on many occasions. Mainly in times of desperation, but we don't know who these spirits are. If they are good or evil or if it's one of each. Could they possibly be fighting for my daughter or for her life? I have noticed that when she is in a deep sleep, she will often stop breathing for at least 30 seconds and begin again. I presume it is sleep apnea and have an appointment to discuss this with her doctor.

She has also began talking about a baby and there is no baby there. I am currently pregnant, but she will talk to a baby in the bathtub with no water in it and talk to it laying on the floor. There is no baby doll present when she does this. Is this part of it to, or is she imagining the baby in my belly already being here?

I read an article to count out 25 M & M's to detect somewhat if your child has a psychic ability. Out of the 25, she got 18 colors correct. They were kept inside the bag where she could not see which color was between my fingers. I told her to think really hard and tell me which color I was holding between my fingers. I must admit, I was shocked at the accuracy with which she knew which color I was holding. 18 out of 25! Only 7 wrong and I believe at that time she was more focused on wanting to eat the candy than she was focused on telling me the color.

I am completely open to suggestions and advice anyone could give me, for I am at a loss.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GGREED2012, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-07-14)
purpletrees - She's 3. She probably watches cartoons. Anything from Paw Patrol to Dora, Scooby-Doo to Blues Clues have ghosts. It's pretty common.
purpletrees (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-13)
how does she know the word ghost or what it is and how it may look?
hunter123 (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-21)
its not sleep apnea the stuff your telling us is what happens to me I was 2 when I started seeing ghosts and I'm 13 I still do
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-06-28)
GGREED: My grand-daughter has been going through the same thing since before she could talk. My daughter happened to go into a New Age store one day while she was out taking a walk. Now, this little store is rarely ever open, I honestly don't know how she stays in business LOL. But anyway, the proprietor approached her, and looked at the baby and asked Leslie if Sophie had a hard time sleeping. She told her to tie a red string or ribbon around Sophie's wrist or ankle before she put her down for the night. Sounds crazy, but it worked. My Mother-in-law, a Russian Orthodox, also believed in this type of thing. Understand, it's not a cure all, but it may help until you can figure out what else to do.

Rook's cleansing method has worked for many on this site so I highly recommend it.

This is what I could find out about the red string:
Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_string_%28Kabbalah%29

Http://www.answers.com/Q/What_does_the_red_string_around_a_russian%27s_wrist_mean

Http://www.kabbalah-red-bracelets.com/blog/kabbalah-articles/the-red-string-in-different-cultures/
Larkin (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-26)
I don't want to seem like "that guy", but the reality is, kids are really imagnative and you can't always rely on them telling the truth to you.

She could be responsing this way for a whole number of different reasons. Allowing her to sleep in your room may be one of them.

Hell, it could be night terrors. Had them as a kid myself and when you are that young, it's hard to seperate it from reality. I'd be shaken up for weeks at a time

You also mentioned you are currently pregnant, it's not that uncommom for children to act out because they are afraid they'll get less attention due to the new baby.

Detailing what a ghost looks like really isn't any solid evidance and if she ever interacts with other children, there's no way to know what she is adsorbing via other kids.

It's a common belief that children can see spirits because they are younger and their minds are not nearly as closed or censored as an adult's.

So let's say hypothetically she is seeing real ghsosts; have you ever had any issues with paranormal activity before in the house? If not, the spirits may be drawn to your daughter because they know she can see them, they may not even know they are scaring here.

I'd have a frank discussion with the spirits and explain to them you don't mind them being in your home, but they are scaring your child and it needs to stop. Talking to an empty room may seem silly at first, but it has supposedly gotten the job done in the past.

Whatever it is, I hope you, your daughter and yout famiky find peace.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-26)
Hello:

It's fairly common for children to see spirits. My theory is that since they have only recently entered this life, they are still closer to the spiritual side and more open to it. I fully agree with the others regarding doing house blessings. Rookdygin's is a generic one suitable to most any faith, and you should definitely take a look at it. It is one you can accomplish alone.
Since you revealed that you watch religious programs, I assume that you hold to a specific faith. If you are more comfortable with blessings from your church, you have several choices. You could research a blessing from your faith on the web and perform it yourself. Or like previously suggested, consult with clergy or members of your church to get help with the ceremony. If you have friends that you pray with, you could have them come over and help you perform a blessing. I was always taught that there is greater strength in numbers.
Blessings should be normally be done with some regularity. If there is "something" particularly resistant, you may have to initially perform them with greater frequency.
If this does not work to your satisfaction, find clergy experienced in these matters.
I definitely believe your child is seeing and hearing entities, and given the information think I would probably be a bit uncomfortable as well. I don't know if the baby is somehow connected to the others she is seeing, or an unrelated soul somehow trapped there. I am inclined to think that she may be seeing the soul of your unborn child. I have heard of other cases such as this.
Regardless, you would not be sharing this if you weren't concerned about your child's safety and protecting her.
I do pray all of our suggestions are helpful to you in some way and wish you the best.

Blessings,
Lynev
cute_princess (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-26)
it is always terrifying to hear children say such things. But I believe that if the two spirits she claims to know are there then one must be good. Like her guardian angel protecting her. It's always possible. Try to make her say other things about this and do go for some help.
faith1986 (23 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
Hi GGREED2012, thank you for sharing this story with us and welcome to YGS. I was curious if there has been any type of activity inside your home that you or maybe another family member may have experienced since living in that home? Such as any feelings of being watched or feeling like you are not alone when there is no other human (living) present, and things being moved, or just being there one moment and gone the next only to later reappear somewhere else, or not at all even? What about the history of your home? Do you know anything of the previous people whom lived there or any possible deaths? If not, then is there someone you could ask about it, or even do some research at the local library? It may help to find out the history so that if you do find anything that could possibly explain what is happening or who may be causing it at least... Just suggestions here, but I personally (as a mom myself) would be worried just as you are, and I would do a blessing or cleansing to see if that helps. I don't know a lot about them but lots of people here do and I know they will help you to figure out the best options for you. But if you go to a church then a good place to start is with the pastor/preecher (or whatever the particular religion calls them) to ask if they can do a blessing. If you don't go to church, then it's OK, you can even just go to a church and tell them the situation and many will help even of you are not a member of the congregation. I think the other members will have some great advice to help you and if you have any more info about the home or if anyone is experiencing anything that may be paranormal it would be good to know because there are a lot of amazing people here who know so much about everything paranormal, and the more info the better they can help you. Sorry for such a long comment, I hope that you can get rid of whatever it is that is scaring her. Good luck, please keep us posted.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
For 'events' like this its best to start with questions like...

Do you know the history of the house and property?

Does she know you are pregnant?

A Journal helps as well... Document the 'strange' things going on, see if there are any clues that 'line up' with the history of the home or property. Ask you daughter if the 'baby' she speaks with (to) has a name?

If you go to my profile there is a Cleansing and Shileding method posted... You may find it helps, other members have and I use it myself (I also attend church...).

Thank you for sharing, Please ask any questions you may have and keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: