You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Jinns In Our House

Real Ghost Stories

Jinns In Our House

 

This is my first time posting on this website. I'll start by giving an introduction. I'm 17 years old and will be turning 18 in September. Throughout my life, I've been moving from country to country. After being born in Beirut, my family and I moved to Dubai in 1999, then to Doha in 2002, Manama in 2006 and then to Istanbul in December 2010. Turkey is where I'm currently living and it is also the place where I've faced some of the scariest moments of my life.

When we first moved to Istanbul, I was really happy. It was perfect, it was more like heaven rather than a city for me. It was green everywhere and it rained a lot (I absolutely love rain, or well, precipitation in general). The house my father bought was located out of the city. It was really just... Gorgeous. Two storeys, a huge garden, a fountain near the entrance and a beautiful terrace. My mother had decorated the terrace with lots of flower pots. The weather would mostly be pleasant but it would rain quite a lot as well.

The day we moved in, I was just so excited that I couldn't keep myself together, I just wanted to start prancing around like a mad person because of how happy I was. My bedroom was on the first floor, my bed was located right next to the wall near the bathroom and had two bed tables, one to its left and the other to its right. There was a studying desk, a nice closet that you could walk into and the bathroom was very pretty and spacious.

At first, everything was completely okay, nothing weird or spooky. But then there were these little things that annoyed me. When I would lay down to sleep, I'd feel something poke me in the back of my neck but when I'd turn behind, there was nothing. Shampoo and soaps started to disappear from the bathroom, my towel would disappear from where I'd put it while I'd take a shower and I'd find my clothes lying on the terrace floor or on the ground near the back garden. It was extremely weird but I tried to remain calm and thought that it was probably just my sister annoying me, since she LOVED to do so.

But then it got worse. I would wake up to my books missing, my test papers missing, pages torn from my note books and then I lost my diary! It had so many personal things about me written in it and it RANDOMLY disappeared! My room window would open by itself and the AC would stop working automatically. By now, I was getting really scared, it felt like someone was perpetually doing this so that I would stop living in that room! I then thought that if I were to exchange rooms with my sister, it'd stop happening. It was hard to do so, but eventually, I convinced her to change rooms with me. However, it didn't stop.

I knew something was wrong by now and that is wasn't just my sister being a mischievous brat. I once woke up while sleeping to an awful burning sensation that I felt on my left leg, when I checked, there was nothing. It just didn't make any sense. Nothing did. What convinced me to talk to my mother about this was that once when I returned home from school, I found my diary lying on the shelf where my sister had previously put all her perfumes and makeup items. When I read it, I almost shat myself! Someone else had been using it and had written terribly vulgar things about me.

I talked to my parents about it and they said that they themselves had had A LOT of their things go missing, my mum's wedding necklace went missing, money from my dad's locker went missing and when my mum would sleep, she could feel a really coarse hand touch her. My mother talked to my sister and she too said that she'd been losing a lot of her things and that she would wake up to weird noises or her alarm clock randomly ringing at 2:00 am or even 5:00 am in the morning.

We eventually had a maulvi come over to the house who went around, checking the whole house and told us that there was a strong presence of 3 Jinns that had lived here and that they think this house belongs to them and not us. He said that they love to scare us and can be very harmful for us. He later blessed the whole house and gave us holy water and told us that it was important to have it in the house at all times to prevent all bad spirits and that we should occasionally clean the house with fresh sea water to keep all negativity away.

After that, we never really had to go through anything similar to our previous experiences. I'm grateful that everything went well after that because if we hadn't taken any action against them, God knows what would've happened. I'm just grateful we got rid of them. Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, moon-gang, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostlysmile (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-25)
Hey I just can't imagine, this thing happening to me and I am not getting a heart attack! Jinns and other stuffs are quite obvious to our religion's (Hinduism) daanav or Christian's Satan well in my opinion please correct me if I am wrong! There's a maazad or what you call it place of exorcism some yards away from my home, and I find that place terribly haunting! I was always interested in these entity jinns, and then got to your story. If you don't mind can you please keep me updated with your happenings? Pls don't take me wrong.

Anupriya
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
Hello again, moon-gang

From what have you and spiritwaiting have described, all I can say is, my goodness! It should be exterminated! 😲
Thank you for enlightening us by the way!

Mhanne ❤
moon-gang (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
[at] Spiritwaiting, awww thank you so much! Your sweet words mean a lot to me. I will definitely do what you say. Thanks a lot for the help <3
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-04)
I forgot to add...
Stay positive in your thoughts. If something negative, arrives in them, think of something good. Smile laugh, dance crazy and funny to make yourself laugh. Anything to stay positive. Write down good thoughts, and try to wake up with them, and going to sleep last thing you think of are good thoughts.

Hope this helps even a little.
Stay happy and positive
Spiritwaiting
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-04)
Moongang,
Im sorry you don't feel any relief from any of what your doing. Yes you may need to talk to your parents just to figure out what could be affecting you the way it is.
Your very welcome, you seem so sweet, and kind. I wouldn't want you to stay in this bad place, with what is going on. I truly hope somehow you do find something that helps.
😊 ❤
Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
moon-gang (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-04)
Spiritwaiting, thank you for reading and commenting! You've got the right idea about them. That's quite an accurate description of Jinns. I've been learning some supplications that I recite before sleeping, before leaving and entering the house but it seems that the negative aura around me only gets worse when I do so. Most of my friends have started avoiding me because I come off as weird to them and one of my teachers even asked me if everything was okay with me at home and if I needed some help. I honestly think sometimes I don't have a lot of time left. I've been playing football, basketball, swimming daily, taking extra classes & tuitions to not let these thoughts take over me but they still somehow end up getting back into my mind. I'm planning on asking my parents to arrange a meeting with a physciatrist or a therapist... Maybe I'll feel better once I talk to them because I'm only getting worse as of now... Thank you for the support and kind words ❤ ❤
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-04)
Also Moon gang,
I hope somehow you can keep them away, as you mentioned youve been depressed lately. I honestly hope its not one of them influencing your emotions.
And you have the right idea, by keeping yourself busy with many different things.
Hope all stays well with you and your family


Again
Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-04)
Hello Moon-gang,
Ok I've looked into the djinn stealing money etc.
Heres what I've found because you mentioned you are of muslim beliefs.
Djinn can be either good/evil,but are not to be trusted either way. They steal,cheat,lie etc.
In order to keep them at bay this may help.
When you enter,leave,close a door in your home, mention Allah. When you eat and put your personal belongings away mention Allah.
When you cover anything up of importance to you or your family again mention Allah.
Its very important that you do so. If and when I find more info I will def post it here, if youd like me to do so.

I found this interesting, as this wasn't the first time I've heard of Djinn,Jinn,and Genie.
They can shape shift into anything they want as long as it somehow helps in what theyre purpose is,ie, have planned. They are described as a sort of spirit like what you said made of fire. They live in our deminsion, but in theirs as well like a deminsion between ours.
It is said they live in communities very much like we do,weddings,funerals,celebrations.
They speak something like tongues and sumerian mixed together.
This is the info that I have found in my research thus far.
Hope some of it helps:)

Thanks for sharing
Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
moon-gang (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-04)
Hello everyone thank you for reading and commenting. I've actually had some experiences recently that I posted and they're much worse than the ones I talked about in this narrative, the story just hasn't been published by the website yet, I'm planning on posting another part. I talked to my parents and they refuse to get another blessing done since the "spirits" aren't harming us to a great extent but they've already done enough for me to feel uncomfortable.

[at] DandK, firstly, thank you for reading! Now, the writing was actually vaguely similar to that of my sister's but like I mentioned, she hadn't been home at all that time, iirc, the writing was done by a green pencil.

[at] Mhannerism, thank you for reading and commenting! Your question regarding the writing has been answered in my reply to DandK, I hope. Jinns are supernatural beings in Islam that were made by God before humans. We as Muslims believe that they were made out of fire and used to inhabit the earth before human beings. There are good and bad Jinns but the vast majority of them are evil and possess demonic qualities.

[at] TJYAKI, thank you for reading, I hope your question has been answered in my response to Mhannerism.

[at] Macknorton, thank you so much for reading! And, haha I couldn't find a better way to express myself so I'd like to apologise for that. The words that were written in my diary, however, were pretty crude and disgusting.

[at] Tweed, thank you for reading! I do think that the Jinn wanted to harm me because the things it did to me were much worse then the things it did to my parents. As I said earlier in my comment, I've had some recent experiences and I feel like this same Jinn is back to torment me. I can feel someone touch my back whenever I bathe, I've been waking up at night only to sleepwalk and stop walking in front of our guest-room and I've lost more than 300 Lira that I kept in my cupboard, randomly. There's no way anyone could've taken it because nobody knows where I keep the money!

[at] logan, thank you for reading! And, yes you're right about the jinns.

[at] cosmogal96, thank you for reading! Thanks a lot for the sweet and encouraging words!

I would like to apologise for not replying earlier. I've been having restless nights, back aches and I've had depression for the past few weeks and I'm keeping myself very intact with activities in real life to ignore all the negativities. Thank you to everyone that read and participated in the conversation. I'd like to apologise for any grammatical mistakes as well since English is not exactly my first language.

With lots of love,
M
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
Tweed,

I meant nicely done about your 'Rookdygin...' comment:)

Regards,
Logan
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
Hi moon-gang, Wow that was a crazy creepy experience. Finding your diary only to see someone or something else wrote horrible things about you must have been terrifying. I am glad they never got the chance to hurt you or your family and that things calmed down after the blessing. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
lol Logan, I don't know if it was nicely done or not. Just something I remember reading years ago, I could just as easily be spreading urban legend nonsense! 😆
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
Moon - gang,

Thank you for sharing.

I think from what I understand - Jinn's are spirits in general (not human), they could either be good or evil. But it would be good if someone who actually knew could explain it.

Tweed,

That was nicely done:)

Regards,
Logan
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
Hi Moon-Gang,

I'm with everyone else with the writing in your diary. That feels like a very personal attack. Did you feel this entity had it in for you in particular?
Also am I right in thinking a Jinn is a kind of Genie? As in a Djinn, oorr, wait for it...Rookdygin.
(Sorry couldn't help myself.)
As I understand it a Jinn is a type of Genie and, going by a couple other stories on here, they can be a bit misbehaved and go a bit wild. 😕 Perhaps Jinns are different according to different cultures and beliefs, don't know.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
Hi Moon-Gang. Welcome to YGS, thanks for sharing.

Like many others here, I'm not sure what exactly a "Jinn" is? I assume you mean a spirit / ghost? Different cultures / religions have different descriptions for the same phenomena?

Personally, apart from the bit where you wrote: "...when I would lay down to sleep, I'd feel something poke me in the back of my neck..." I don't think you could say for sure that all those other events were DEFINITELY paranormal or "Jinn" related.

There could be a more simple explanation. A more human explanation.

And one last point, the part where you wrote: "...when I returned home from school, I found my diary lying on the shelf where my sister had previously put all her perfumes and makeup items. When I read it, I almost shat myself! Someone else had been using it and had written terribly vulgar things about me..."

Can I respectfully point out that you have actually written a terribly vulgar thing about yourself 😆

Thanks for sharing. Glad things have returned to usual in your home.

Regards

Mack
TJYAKI (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
Hello moon-gang! This is a great story thanks for sharing. I am also new to this site and its pretty awesome to see all these amazing stories in one place.

I am with Mhannerism in regards to the exact definition of a Jinn? Could you possibly go into more detail about what they are?

Thank-you in advance,
TJ
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-29)
Hello, moon-gang

First of all, welcome to YGS and thank you for sharing your story! I, too, am curious about what kind of writing instrument that was used in your diary?

And can someone simplify the definition of Jinns to me? I googled and still didn't understand. Is it the same thing with spirits, just a different term?

It's good to hear that the jinns didn't bother and scare you again.

Take care
Mhanne ❤
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-02-29)
moon-gang, that is a really interesting story. I'm glad the jinns did not bother you again after the house was blessed.

I'm curious about the writing in your diary. It seems like quite a feat for an entity to write like that. What did the writing look like? Was it in pen or pencil? Also, I'm curious if any people besides your mother, father, and sister were regularly in the house?

Thank you for taking the time to answer and for sharing your story.

DandK

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: