You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Singing Girl

Real Ghost Stories

The Singing Girl

 

When I was in third grade, I was invited to a sleep-over at my (then) best friend's house. Spending the night there was normal to me. I spent the night almost every weekend, so going there wasn't a big deal. Looking back though, I have to admit that that house was kind of creepy. It was small, but I always felt someone was watching me all the time, especially when I was alone or if I was the only one awake.

Anyways, I went to the sleep-over, which had about four or five other girls. After having a lot of fun, we all settled down to sleep in the living room. I remember waking up really late into the night. Probably around two or three o'clock. I was sleeping on the couch and adjacent to me, in the opposite corner, was the TV and a set of speakers that stood on each side of the TV. I looked at the speaker on the right side and saw a girl looking at me. From what I remember, the girl was singing some song. She looked about 12ish. I remember seeing her in like a brownish/sepia color, like the type of filter you can use on a picture when editing it.

She was dressed in an old-time 1800s dress, like the ones the Ingalls girls wear on "Little House on the Prairie". Her hair looked blonde (though it was a little hard to tell due to the sepia color) and was in pig-tails. Her song sounded like a nursery rhyme, but one that I didn't know and I couldn't understand what she was saying. Then, as I was staring at her scared shiatless, she and her song slowly faded away.

The next morning I asked my friend and the other girls about it and said that they were all asleep and didn't see anything. It still kind of creeps me out a little bit...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, popcornrox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-09)
Hello popcornrox, welcome to YGS. It could be residual. But quite difficult to confirm. Would like to ask you if you had any dreams just prior to your waking up on that night? Secondly, you said you discussed with your friends. Leave others, what about your then best friend? What was her reaction? Because it was her house, right? I also would like to ask what psyketz asked about the vides you got from her.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
psyketz (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-29)
Hi popcornrox
You know sometimes we see things out of our imagination. What kind of vibes did you got from her?
RedBlackRosemama (34 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
The little house on the praire show is my favorite. Anyway could be resident spirit she may not know she passed away.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: