You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: It Likes My Singing

Real Ghost Stories

It Likes My Singing

 

After my last post, I was taking a shower in my dormitory. We all have semi-private bathrooms (4 girls to a bathroom). As usual, I was unintentionally singing in the shower (hence my username). I do not know if many people know this particular song, but I will write out a few lyrics because they are of importance to the story.

"Knock 3 times on the ceiling if you want me

Twice on the pipe if the answer is no"

" (three successive thuds) means you'll meet me in the hallway

And twice on the pipe (clang clang) if you ain't going to show."

As I was singing the second part about "twice on the pipe", I heard the sound that usually plays in the song. Trying to think logically, I listened for my roommates' giggling. Then I remembered that they had gone home for a few days. I would have blamed this on someone having heard me through the pipes and deciding to play a joke on me. However, there are no pipes exposed in this building for anyone to hit.

I decided to ignore this and continued my shower. It was a very long shower, considering my roommates were gone, and without realizing it I began singing again. I will refrain from mentioning this song as it has no real importance, but I finished the song as I was turning off the water. Then, I heard someone clapping in the bathroom. No one else has access to it besides my roommates and myself. You have to have a key. Needless to say, I hurried to get my things and leave.

I am beginning to grow concerned. Odd things have happened around me for the majority of my life, but I have always been able to "logic" it all away. These past few months, however, that has been hard to do. Possible explanations would be nice, and advice would be wonderful and greatly appreciated.

Other hauntings by hippiesiren

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hippiesiren, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hippiesiren (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-17)
Again, I meant no offense. I am new to all of this, and was uncertain of how to take the situation. 😳
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-07)
hippie: it is not unusual to use a tread of comments to question, disagree with, or discuss a comment, even if this discussion has nothing to do with the OP's story and as long as it doesn't go against the "Comments Guidelines" of the site.
And if someone posts a comment that is not called for one of the mods will "pull that person's ear" or even delete his/her post.
I know my words to Rachel806 might look harsh but sometimes it is hard to pretend not to notice the contradictions and the fantasies of some posters' comments and go along without saying anything.😐
And look, somebody agrees with me and even voted me up! 😊
No one's trying to use your story like a wrestling ring😜
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-07)
[at] hippiesiren Whatever it was, it was clearly attracted to your singing. And I do understand that you will automatically sing when you're in the shower. I did that too and my brother used to yell at me for singing out loud while in the bath. Then one day while I was singing while taking a shower, I saw a mass black hair dropping slowly from the small window-hole on the ceiling. I burst out half naked out of the bath and from that day I never sing while showering again. My secret is when I take a shower, I will chew a gum or sweet that will prevent me from singing and through time I stopped singing while in the bathroom.
hippiesiren (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-07)
Um, lady and Rachel, I really do not know if there is some sort of issue between the two of you, but if I may be so bold, please don't carry it onto here. I was truly looking for help when I posted this. I am certain that y'all are trying to be helpful, so please do not take offense at this request. 😐
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
Enough is enough Rachel806!😠 If you are the medium you claim to be in almost every single one of your posts, how couldn't you have known that there was more than one spirit in your house BEFORE using an EVP? πŸ€”

I think your comments are very contradictory and unoriginal, and have trouble understanding the reason why you still haven't submitted a story with your OWN experiences instead of claiming to have experienced exactly the same that you read on the story you are commenting.
hippiesiren (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
[at] Rachel,
They will not allow blessings due to certain regulations in the dormitories here. I would not be surprised if there were more than just the one spirit for reasons that I cannot easily explain to anyone at this point.
Rachel806 (1 stories) (14 posts)
-3
10 years ago (2014-04-21)
Honey I believe you I have heard clapping whistling all of that stuff when I end up singing in the shower or just for no reason but I agree with Jake just as nice and harmless it is it can become evil and demonic within time. Be careful is all I can really say Don't do what I did when I used a EVP asking it if it had liked my singing and it said yes just like the others that's how I found out there were more. I had my home blessed so only positive energies may enter my home and I suggest you have your entire dormitory/dorm blessed.
hippiesiren (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-20)
[at] guy,
The only other things that happen in that bathroom include the shower curtain being jerked open while people are in the shower. It is annoying, but by no means harmful to us.
hippiesiren (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-19)
[at] Jake, I have tried to talk to them about it, however, they do not stay in the dormitory very often. Even when they are around, they have said they have never noticed anything. Of course, they are more social than I am, so they would not notice any out of place sounds.
Jake141 (3 stories) (27 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-04-19)
I agree with sheetal, it will be worth asking if your room mates have experienced anything similar.
And seeing as it doesn't seem to want to harm you, I think there is no reason for concern.
But be warned just as it can stay and become (hate to use the word, but lacking the vocabulary for another) "friend", it can easily become a negative spirit.

- Jake
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-19)
nice story... Is any other roommate of yours experienced something like that? πŸ˜•
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-19)
Interesting story. I never really heard of a ghost clapping before so that is a new one for me lol. Have you ever had an experience while showering or using the bathroom before or after this one?

Also one thing that I would mention is, as long as you don't fell threatened by this spirit, is maybe try to capture some evps to see if they respond to your questions. Or even if while you go out somewhere, just leave a recorder recording to see if there are any sounds that you think shouldnt be there to see if the spirit is doing anything around the place (such as talking, walking etc.) but that's just a suggestion based off what I would do.

Peace
CuriousGuy
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-18)
I guess I could understand that... A song can get stuck on the brain.
hippiesiren (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-17)
[at] swimsinfire I was more surprised by the sounds than anything. I did not feel as though it was negative, so perhaps it is neutral?
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-17)
I think this rocks. (no pun intended). If it can clap it can make other sounds. Anyway, is it a positive feeling you get? It isn't harmfull is it? I understand the unintentional singing.
hippiesiren (8 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-17)
[at] mamachong I always have songs and things playing in my head. Basically, I will just randomly burst out singing without realizing it. 😳
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-17)
Just one question... How do you unintentionally sing in the bathroom?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: