You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Home's Other Residents. What Was Their Purpose?

Real Ghost Stories

My Home's Other Residents. What Was Their Purpose?

 

From the time I was 12 until I was 19, I lived in a house that was fairly far out in the country; our closest neighbors were over a mile away and most of our backyard consisted of a heavily wooded mountain.

That being said, when I first moved there I wasn't afraid to stay home alone when my mom went to work and my dad took my brother out for a fishing trip; that was, until I had my first experience in my home.

I was walking from my bedroom (which was at the far end of the house) to our kitchen, when I suddenly felt the need to stop dead in my tracks in our living room. I stood there for a second, before every door (including doors to the outside and cabinet doors) came open at the exact same time. Needless to say, I spent the rest of the day on the phone with a friend.

As strange as that was, I brushed it off, until the nightmares started. Several months after the door incident, I began to have dreams of a man I'd never seen in my life. He would always stand in our kitchen and turn to glare at me and tell me I didn't belong here, before turning to completely face me, revealing a shirt covered in blood. Those nightmares continued for nearly two years before we had a power outage (which wasn't uncommon in the area I lived in) and I woke up, hearing someone saying my name and feeling a hand around my wrist. I shook my wrist, trying to get free from the phantom hand to no avail, until I finally yelled for Lady (my Miniature Australian Shepherd) to come to the kitchen with me. The hand finally let go, and I ran to sleep in the living room.

I continued to have experiences in this house (including seeing two children and waking up to someone sighing in my ear) until I moved. Can anyone explain this to me? Why was I the only one they targeted?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kentucky_believer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-01)
It could be a residual haunting. The answer to the question that why did the ghost chose only you is that they found you weak and you got terrorized easily. Its in the nature of these entities.

Thanks for sharing! 😊
kentucky_believer (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-30)
Sds The man we were renting off of had owned the house the whole time it had been there and he was a good friend of my dad's, nothing had happened in the house. And to clarify, I was not waking up from a nightmare when I was grabbed, I simply woke up during the power outage with something holding my wrist. I shook it, but it felt as if whatever was holding me couldn't see my eyes open in the darkness, so I got the idea to talk to my dog as a way of letting whatever it was know I was awake, which resulted in it letting go. I was trying not to seem scared by saying I was going to the kitchen, hoping if I didn't seem afraid it would let me go.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-30)
Hello kentucky_believer, I believe that this is your first write-up. I commented on your second experience. Still welcome to YGS. Quite strange experiences you had.

Regarding the last experience. You said that you were having a nightmare and that you woke up and something was not letting your wrist, you yelled for your Australian Shepherd to come to kitchen with you and the your hand was free. Can you be more clear about it. Do you mean that when you woke from the nightmare, you got up to go to kitchen but still your hand was held by someone? And the first experience, I should appreciate your courage. You were on phone with a friend of yours after the incident. But, I would have ran out of the house.

Did you find out the history of the house? Did you do some research? Randym could be right. I hope that you are not living in that house anymore and thankfully you are out of the house. I think that you don't experience any such incidents including sighting of two kids and hearing any song.

Thanks again for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-29)
Randy's thoughts make sense to me re perception of intrusion.
The reason you were affected and not others may be due to a sensitivity or perhaps due to what the... Other residents take exception to. As an example, I have a very good friend who lived in an... Otherwise occupied house for a time when she was a little girl. The non corporeal occupant was aggressively disposed towards her parents (occasional shoving and objects flying, highly uncomfortable feelings), but around her was very gentle (calming feelings, occasional non aggressive movement of objects and on one occasion pushing her favourite teddy bear towards her when she was frightened and crying one night). It transpired that the prior occupant, an elderly lady, had died there. I'm figuring she saw the adults as intruders but had a kindly affection for young kids.
BlackCatAttack (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-27)
Whoa. That was an intense story Kentucky_believer. Too bad that scary incident happened, the described house and backyard sounds beautiful. I suppose some ghosts do not want to let go of where they used to live, sadly. They had blood covering their shirt, so perhaps they were killed or committed suicide? It so the former, then perhaps their life being taken away so swiftly and unexpectedly would make them feel anger, sorrow, and grief. So, like Randym said, they see generally happy people in their house enjoying a safe life. That could set someone off, who's holding a grudge. Someone should do a little research on that house, it sounds interesting. Thank you for sharing:)
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+5
8 years ago (2016-07-26)
Kentucky-believer,

Welcome to YGS from a Fellow Ky person (Lexington)

It is possible that you are bit sensitive and they revealed themselves to you once they realized you could see them.

As for why they were there.
Once a person dies and crosses over they can return to any place they can remember from when they were alive. So I would offer this way of looking at it.
When we are alive, one of the most important things we can identify with is our home. Its our place of personal safety and our sanctuary. Where we really can be ourselves. You get my point.
Imagine that once on the other side you wish to "visit" earth
The number one place that you may feel safe and find comfort is in your old home. Your memories of it a crystal clear. So you go there. Once there you find some strangers living there, sleeping in the beds, eating in the kitchen. Having a good time, etc.
I'm sure you would be shocked and may want them out.
It really wouldn't be much different than if you came home from work tomorrow and found a family has taken up residence in your home. How would you feel? Would you try and scare them out?
How many times have we heard people say they have heard the phrase
"Get Out! Perhaps those you saw still consider it their place and you are a stranger who doesn't belong.

I could be wrong about all of this but its just food for thought.

Please share more if your willing

Have a great day and a better tomorrow
Randy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: