You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: He Came Back For Them

Real Ghost Stories

He Came Back For Them

 

This is my first story on YGS, well, technically this isn't my experience, but my mum's when she was 20 years old, (currently 53). Anyway, let me give you a basic layout of the rooms of the house in which the story consists in. The dinning hall connects with the entrance of the house, (the entrance door is behind the dinning hall, but when you're seated in the table you can see the door. Now, to the story.

My mum was having dinner with my granny at the dinning hall when my mum's father arrives home from work and opens the door, says 'Hi' and goes to his room to rest. After finishing dinner, my granny asks my mum if she can get my father an extra blanket, (it was winter), and my mum says yes. So she gets the blanket and goes to the room where her father was resting just to find him dead. He had passed away due to a heart attack in an early age (45-50) by natural causes.

A week later after burying him, they were having dinner at the same day and around same time the incident took place when they heard someone was opening the door with a key, but no one came in. My mum and my granny looked at each other confused, just then, they could smell a scent of cologne that my mum's father would use, like if he was walking past them. They did not feel afraid whatsoever, on the contrary, they felt relieved that he came to visit them to somehow tell them that he was alright.

I will be posting more stories soon, experiences and encounters of my own and from my relatives and or friends. I hope you enjoyed it. Feel free to comment.:)

Other hauntings by why_not

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, why_not, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

why_not (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-02)
thanks for the comments, and, regarding to Willow's comment i'll be posting a very similar story soon 😁
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-29)
Hi Why_Not

I really enjoyed your experience as well. It's refreshing and comforting to read an account of a loved one simply returning to pass on the message that they are ok, still "alive" as it were, and nearby 😊.

Cheers

Mack
willow12 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-10-26)
It is so nice when they come to visit. Wish they could visit more often. Would love to sit down with past loved ones and just have a chat
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-26)
Hello why_not, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your mother's experience.

It is not uncommon when the loved ones, even after they pass on, visit the living to convey the message of their affection towards them. Nice experience of your mother and granny.

Thanks once again.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: