You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Our Family's Protector Or Something Else Entirely?

Real Ghost Stories

Our Family's Protector Or Something Else Entirely?

 

After reading stories on this site for a long time I finally made an account for myself and submitted my own story and questions that have been bugging me.

It's going to be a really long story, but it thinks it will be necessary for the background.

First of all, I want to apologize in advance for any grammar mistakes or if my story isn't written very well.

So I like to start with some background about myself and my family. I'm a 24-year-old guy living in the Netherlands with my parents and my twin sister. My mother is Dutch while my father is Indonesian. On my Indonesian side of the family there is story that started with my father's grandmother. The story is as followed: During the second world war my great grandmother went to some kind of witch with a request to keep her family safe and healthy. According to the story my great grandmother would receive two "guardians" in exchange for a sacrifice. The next day her still infant son died due to a small bamboo splinter. The family survived the war with no loses even though they were interned by the Japanese on so called charges of being to close with the Dutch colonizers of the time.

Okay, I'm a pretty skeptical guy, I never really believed in anything supernatural. But a few events have made me wonder about certain things. Around the time I was 3 my father got cancer and after a failed chemo-treatment the doctors gave him 2 months to live. My father never accepted this and continued with various alternative medicines, diets, herbs and other things you can possibly imagine. We are now 11 years further a couple of (I don't know how to really translate it) "cancer returns"? But he is still alive and kicking. Now my father himself always said that perhaps the family's guardians kept him alive (even though, I won't say he doesn't believe in them but let's say he is highly skeptical) or maybe one of the alternative medicine treatments did the trick, he doesn't really know it either.

Like myself my parents are quite skeptical people and don't really believe in the supernatural. But both of them have had independently from each other a "experience". When my parents lived in a different house then we do now my sister and I slept in the same nursery room (we were still babies). Every night on 11 pm my sister and I would start crying. When we started crying one of my parents would enter the room to comfort us and put us back to sleep. The moment my dad or my mom (they both had this experience independent of each other, they didn't even tell each other only after a few years) their hair would stand up and they had a very uneasy almost scary feeling coming from the room. This feeling would dissipate after a few moments and afterward my sister and I would sleep through the night.

Now fast forwarding to the present. One day when my girlfriend was sleeping over for the first time she told me about something that led to me really thinking about stuff. See my girlfriend has always claimed she can see ghost, so one day at night my girlfriend woke up and saw a tall dark shadow man (?) besides my side of the bed. She remembers she woke up because every joint in her body was aching and hurting. When she looked up to the shadow she could somehow make out that he was looking at me. She said that she remembered that despite the fact that she was hurting she felt no fear or other malevolence from the thing besides my bed. It eventually noticed that my girlfriend was awake and looking at it. After he turned his head at her he simply looked at her for a few moments and then simply disappeared. After it left so did the pain of in my girlfriend's joints and she simply went back to sleep. When she told me this I immediately was quite skeptical and just brushed it of as a dream or maybe sleep paralysis. She however frequently made comments when she was visiting that she saw the man frequently throughout the house. He would stand in front of my bedroom door every morning when we would wake up. It would stand in the living room facing the kitchen which face the street. Or it would face the side of the house that faced the garden. It wouldn't do anything besides just standing there. She once shared her story with my parents because she was trying to figure out if anything strange happening in this current house. We never ever had any experiences in our house of any supernatural event what so ever. Besides maybe the uneasy feeling that you're being watched, and that feeling only me and my sister experience daily. But this can easily be explained by the brain trying to mess with you because you almost expect it to happen. At least that's how me and my sister explain it to ourselves. My father however told her our family story of the guardians that our great-grandmother somehow obtained during second world war and she is convinced that what she sees daily is one of those guardians.

Over the years a few things have happened which led me to the side of a maybe skeptical believer? Two years ago my parents where planning on divorcing each other and my mother had already left the house and live with my aunt for a while. I remembered when I was little I would pray to god and anything in between when the cancer of my father returned to please cure him and to keep him alive. Because he was still alive and kicking I figured that I would give it a shot with my parents coming back together as well. I first prayed to god if he please would reunite my parents but alas nothing happened. If anything it got worse. My mother was now looking on houses and made it clear by those actions that see wasn't planning on returning. Then in a desperate act I remember asking our guardian if he was even really real to please reunite my parents and that they would live happily together again. Next day my mother returned and gave my father a second chance to give it a shot again. My mother shortly after was diagnosed with an aggressive form breast cancer. Being the woman my mother is she immediately asked the doctor to amputate her breast and start chemo and radiation therapy. I of course immediately asked our guardian and prayed to god as well to please let my mother recover from this, let her survive. Unfortunately after the treatment was done the doctors found more tumors only then in her other breast. Again my mother asked to primitively asked the doctor to remove that breast as well. So far the treatment is done and she is considered clean by the doctors.

I have tried to lookup on the internet what this entity can possibly be? Does anyone of you have an idea? Does any of you think its even real? If it is, is it evil? How can it possibly not be if it required a sacrifice? But how can it be evil if it keeps our family alive and protects us from disease and maybe other stuff. And why would it only stand in front of my bedroom door or besides my bed...

This is of course only if it is even real and not just the delusions of my girlfriend and just a lucky family trying to make more out of nothing aided by a family story that might not even be true.

Thank you all for reading, I really hope it makes even a little bit of sense. I'm a terrible writer I know...

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, UpbeatTyler, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

UpbeatTyler (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-05)
Thanks for reading and responding Augusta and Red.

Im glad that both of you think the entity isn't evil, and besides the uneasy feeling of being watched we have never experienced anything supernatural or anything besides maybe dumb luck on the side of my parents welfare. Not until my girlfriend shared her insight

I do wonder though why it expresses so much interest in me particularly. As my girlfriend describes it that it would stand solely in front of my door and besides my bed.

Does anyone have more insight on what kind of entity actually it is? I've tried looking for more info on it but I've come up empty. It doesn't seem like a guardian angel or anything

Thanks again all

Tyler
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-04)
It would actually be very easy for a bamboo splinter to kill an infant - no telling what was on that splinter - it could have caused everything from blood poisoning to a staph infection.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-02)
Tyler

Although your great grandmother should not have gone to a witch to acquire guardians for her family. From what you describe they seem totally benign.

The story about the baby being sacrificed may be made up. Conditions back then were horrible and they did not understand S.I.D.S. Back then and your great grandmother may have thought that her baby was sacrificed. I don't see how a small bamboo splinter could kill a baby.

If you aren't bothered by these guardians then don't worry about it. BUT if you ever want them to leave tell them so.

If that doesn't work use Rookdygins cleansing/shielding. I was able to copy and paste it here for you. (Yay)

Rook's Cleansing and Shielding Method (as used by myself and many other members of this site)...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Regards
Red
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-31)
I, personally, don't think that your family's protector spirit is evil - it has certainly never behaved in such a way. The tradition of sacrifice to gain favor from gods, goddesses, spirits etc is a prevalent one on religions the world over and doesn't necessarily mean that the entity being asked for favor or any favors it might bestow are evil. Ancient Romans used sacrifices of various kinds from livestock to poored wine as means of gaining the favor of the gods. Think too of the Christians - Jesus was sacrificed for the sins of mankind. And those are just the first two examples my brain could 'lay hands' on - there are countless others:) so I'd say you can safely put your mind at ease on that score:)

Perhaps, the entity asked for favor in this case saw the infant as a dual utility (I know that sounds callous but, I don't mean to be) - both as a sacrifice and means to fulfill your great grandmother's wish. The infant's spirit might have been just what the entity needed to give your great grandmother the protector she sought - yes, the child's body died but it's spirit lived on watching over its family as it may still be doing today. That's my theory, anyway:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: