You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Evil Forest / Woods?

Real Ghost Stories

Evil Forest / Woods?

 

Hey there, it's been a very long time I posted here. This post is supposed to be very short, but due to YGS minimum character count, I'll try and make it as long as I can. Well, here it goes. It happened when I was in high school, around 2011/2012. I went to a boarding school and the school was located at the countryside, if I may say. From the boys dormitory, is nothing but forest, miles and miles to the horizon. We all knew the school was very haunted... (Those will come later, hopefully) and no one ventured into the woods, be it daytime or whatever. Although some stubborn ones venture and all live to regret their decisions.

This is the story of one of those guys. Let's call him Max. Max was seen as those athlete type guys, big body, tall, you know what I mean. He always said there was nothing in the woods and he can spend the night there, blah blah blah. He got on a bet with a friend and around 23:00pm, he set of to spend the night there, alone... About an hour or so later, his scream was heard, he screamed "Jesus"!. Everyone was scared to follow up so they contacted campus security and about 8 of them came and set off to search for him. They found him but be was unconscious. Till date, 5 or 4 years later, Max has lost his ability to speak, and whatever he saw, has also affected him psychologically. No one knows what he saw, and no one is ready to do a follow up to the woods to rewrite history. Well, not yet, at least.

To my main story... One night, obviously midnight, a friend, Mike (not his real name) woke up and started calling us to come see something. (We sleep in bunk beds, his was right by the glass window so he could see outside when he's in bed) We went to his bed and what we saw, I can't understand until date. A giant ball of fire was jumping among 3 trees. These trees are not small, I mean they are huge, tall trees. They also weren't close, they were far apart, at least 100 meters between trees, and the flame fire thingy was just bouncing from one to another like it's no one's business. We looked for minutes, until the fire eventually disappeared and we all went to bed confused. Tried to watch it again on several occasions but it never happened anymore, at least so we think.

Sorry if it's full of mistakes, I typed everything on my phone.

Waiting for your thoughts on this, don't forget to comment.

Other hauntings by abbykay_luv

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, abbykay_luv, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Junglecat (2 stories) (56 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-11)
AbbyKay,

Wow! That's kind of amazing. It the forest weren't haunted I would have rushed out to see if anything was on the ground below where the fireball had been.

NASA (the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration) considers fireballs to be meteors and the ones that are far off in the sky are certainly so. They also believe that most break up and stop burning before they reach Earth. But here is the thing, if a tiny piece of star reaches Earth (water comes from stars apparently, so I guess it happens) we have a floating gasseous orb. Such a rare event might behave just as you witnessed. It's a pity that nobody made a photo of it because then you could find out for sure.

NASA has a cool map of fireballs that is worth a peek. Https://cneos.jpl.nasa.gov/fireballs
abbykay_luv (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
[at] Tweed
The fireballs were silent. We didn't hear any sounds. It appeared it knew what it was doing cos it just kept repeating the same pattern, jumping between 3 particular trees, over and over again. I agree with you, paranormal stuff can happen anytime of the day, but midnight is mostly noted for such stuff to happen cos it's believed during that time, the veil between the physical and spiritual realms gets thinner or something like that.

[at] Ashar
You are very welcome. Yes, I agree with you it's not a good thing to doubt the paranormal. Till date, no one knows what he saw. We've tried to make him write his account but he doesn't, whatever he saw messed with his brains up.
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Well honestly I don't know why I love the stories that involve woods.

I loved your story and its terrific that he lost his ability to speak. One cannot even imagine what he might have wittnessed that night. We should understand that taking risks with the paranormal just for the sake of bet is not worth it. Its been a long I read a story here on this site.

Thanks for sharing! 😊
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
Hi Abbykay,

These fireballs are a bit of an interest of mine. I used to see one every winter fall diagonally along the same path every time, from my bedroom window. It appeared to be a few kilometers away and swooped downwards toward the ground. I don't believe it was paranormal, but then I don't know what it was. Did yours make a sound? Mine was totally silent, or at least from that distance.
Some of my family members had a totally different fireball encounter, theirs was loud and appeared to know what it was doing. It dodged objects for example. A friend saw something similar zoom around some trees. These two encounters, like yours, seem paranormal.

You indicated with 'obviously midnight' that this time holds some supernatural significance. I must disagree, the fireball my family members encountered happened during the day.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: