You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: I Once Saw The Ghost Of My Dog

Real Ghost Stories

I Once Saw The Ghost Of My Dog

 

When I was 13 (year was 2014), I once saw the ghost of my 12 year old corgi dog. Her name was Abbey. I grew up with Abbey but in 2013, she passed away of a heart attack. One night, I was just about to go to bed. I was walking to my light switch in my room to turn off my lights. My parents were already asleep and I wasn't.

So I decided to go to bed. The first time I rested my eyes, I heard the sound of a dog walking and it made me squint my eyes while I was trying to sleep. I opened my eyes to see if there was anything. Absolutely nothing...

Closed my eyes again and then I felt like I should've opened my eyes again to make sure I wasn't going crazy or dreaming. Well, when I opened my eyes, I saw a pale, bright ghost of my dog Abbey looking at me. I only spoke one word to the ghost of my old dog. "Abbey?" But just so you know. I wan't looking directly at my dog's ghost. I saw her at the corner of my eyes and I did really see a ghost. That was the first time I ever saw a ghost.

I was almost going to freak out a bit but then I asked myself in my thoughts: "What is she doing in the house if she was buried in the back yard?" and "How in the world did she get here?" 2 years later (December 2016), I tell my parents about me seeing the ghost of Abbey. They said that they thought it was strange. Not only that but I was kind of depressed in late 2014. I didn't feel like myself at all and had terrible nightmares that I would've banned myself from my home and live with my grandma and be banned.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Theghostsightinggirl01, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BrokenTree (76 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
trentinray
Her statement says nothing about being banned in a dream.
" I didn't feel like myself at all and had terrible nightmares that I would've banned myself from my home and live with my grandma and be banned."
Although the sentence structure is poor she clearly states that she "would've banned myself."
I don't believe she ever went to her grandmother nor was tossed out by her parents. She mentions no turmoil in the home either.
I have no idea what her grandma is like but she could be a busy modern woman who works. She doesn't have time to bake cookies and deal with an emotional teenager. THAT is the parents job.
She was simply going through puberty.
trentinray (3 stories) (67 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-09)
BrokenTree- Just to clarify, I believe the o/p was being banned in a dream. That's the way I read it anyway. I feel like there was some sort of emotional turmoil happening at home and she felt ostracized in some way, shape, or form.
In her case, I believe she would turn to grandma for support, but she ended up feeling that there wasn't support at that household either. In essence, I believe she was feeling abandoned, or shut out, in some way by both households.
Hopefully, if she was physically banned from her parents house, her grandma would be glad to have her, even if she is a hormonal teenager. Nobody wants to feel like they have no where to go for sanctuary.
Anyway, that was my personal take on it of course without further info it is merely speculation.
Best Wishes, trentinray
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Seeing ghostly pets seems to be a common thing. I have seen some of my pets after they passed. They usually only came by only once since as a traditional Iroquois, we always sang them away to the village in our heaven. You should have been happy to see her again if only briefly.
Your depression and feeling out of sorts is probably due to puberty. Your hormones are taking you from being a child to an adult. You suddenly become clumsy, quick to anger, quick to be extremely happy, suddenly grow two inches overnight or so it seems and especially, the opposite sex is not so "icky" anymore.
Calm down and take a deep breath. Your dog loved you and you loved your dog. Love doesn't go away when we die.
As far as banning yourself, do you really believe life would be better with grandma who has already raised her kids? Does she deserve to have an hormonal teenager underfoot? Take it easy on her and yourself. You are loved.
trentinray (3 stories) (67 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
I'm sorry I forgot to ask, why did you wait two years before telling your parents?
Thank you for sharing ❤

Best wishes, trentinray
trentinray (3 stories) (67 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Ghostsightinggirl-
I third Rook and tweed's question about being "banned." Also, I am curious as to why you were or would have been banned in your dreams. Although, I do understand if the details are scary or too personal to share.
I also saw my dog when I was young, he walked right up on my side of the bed. He looked as real as real could get. He was a white dog, but did almost seem to shine, like he had just had a really good bath. He was smiling at me as much as a dog can Lol. I turned, yelling for my mom that he was there, and when I turned back he was gone, and of course my mom told me it was my imagination. 😠

Roylynx- I really loved the quote from your Grandma, thank you ❤
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Greetings, GhostSightingGirl, and welcome to YGS.

Well, I guess it won't surprise anyone that Tweed, Rook, & Miracles addressed part of my first question. However, I'd like to know why you "would've banned myself from my home..." Were your nightmares location-specific? Did you only have them in your parents' house, or were they dreams about frightening events occurring while you were there? Usually, a ban is imposed by someone in authority; why would you ban yourself? (I tried to substitute homophones for "ban" into the sentence, but none of them worked; you did use "ban" twice, so I'm pretty sure you meant to use it.)
Best,
Biblio.
roylynx (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Interesting... Did you meant you don't want to return home because of your loss of Abbey or are you scared?

Well my research on people sighting spirits, most of the time they were sad and depressed (negative emotion) and in some reports, people tempt to see spirits not directly but like you seeing them at the corner of their eyes. I have information from some TV shows of Japan (sorry they might be old and not accurate); the sight that we see from the corner of our eyes is called the dead corner angle, meaning the very edge of our eye's vision, there are believes that if we try to see things through the "dead corner angle" we will be able to see the vision of the "other side". So, yes, positive possible for this.

It is hard to get over things like losing your best partner especially when they grew with you and went through thick and thin with you, you need to let go sometimes, like my grandmother will say, 'let passed ones go, they need to go, don't make passed ones worry, smile for them and live for them, that's the real love that you can give them' that's from a speech that she gave when my grandfather passed away, hope that would make you better;)

E.Lynx
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Yeah, that's the only thing I could think of too Miracles. Haha I had the same reaction Rook. Maybe she also meant that ghosts are taboo in her family. Oh well, we'll just have to wait for clarification. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Tweed - as an Ohioan, the only thing I can think she meant was kicked out of the home and forbidden to return. That kind of thing. Banned - being prevented from doing something.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Tweed I second your question, I was able to follow this submission right up until the O/P said...

"I didn't feel like myself at all and had terrible nightmares that I would've banned myself from my home and live with my grandma and be banned."

I can understand a beloved pet, that has crossed over, returning to comfort an owner who is feeling ill, depressed, sad, lonely... (fill in the blank). However the O/P's last statement has made me say Huh?

Hope Ghostsightinggirl returns and clears that bit up for us.

Respectfully,

Rook
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-02-08)
Hi Ghostsightinggirl,

I'm happy you got to see your dog Abbey again. As a child I saw one of my gran's dogs and asked myself similar questions, it was very confusing for those few seconds. But it was cool too.
It sounds like Abbey knew you were having a tough time and did what dogs do. There's a few submissions on here with people reporting similar.

I'm guessing this has to be a cultural thing, maybe a saying common in Ohio or something, so forgive me if this sounds dumb. But what do you mean by being banned? 😕

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: