You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lady In White Saree

Real Ghost Stories

Lady In White Saree

 

First of all I am an Indian. Normally we Indians believe in more Gods, spirits, etc... It is not my experience, it is my grandfather's. We live in a state Andhra pradesh in India.

Coming to the story... My grandfather used to work in another village. He used to go and come on cycle. Sometimes it's used to become late night to come home.

One day my grandfather was going home on cycle late night. Our village is somewhat far from another village, so the way is full of trees with darkness. It looks scary but it was normal to my grandfather as he went many times late night on that way. While going he saw a lady in white saree asking lift but my grandfather not stopped. As he went some far, he saw her again. But this time she pushed my grandfather into thorns. My grandfather got up and went home with full blood and injuries. My grandmother asked my grandfather what happened, he explained her about everything. My grandma scared a lot. But she had courage but why she scared, I don't know. After that for two months he not got up from bed. So my grandma called someone (I don't know what they will call in English) who do puja. That man taken my grandfather to some place and did some puja. After that he became normal. I don't know how my grandfather felt that time because my grandfather died before I had born. Anybody had idea why she did like that? I am with curiosity to know about it. I had thrilled when my mom told me this story. It scared me.

Sorry for my weak English and grammar.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Meghana23

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Meghana23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Srinivas108 (3 stories) (23 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-05)
I heard similar kind of stories from my grandmother and few other old age people... But my grandpas cycle was halted without any reason and it didn't move forward until he recited some holy mantras... The women who was asking for hitch hike just vanished in air
ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-18)
Meghana23: Probably the right question would be what would have happened had your grandpa given her a ride? Anyway he didnt, so it could be just a random nuisance from the spirit possibly. In most of experiences like this, I have observed that there are 2 reactions. One to be kind and other to ignore and flee. Theres no wrong there because you can't predict what will happen. I'm glad he was back to normal after the puja. May him rest in peace
HunterJack (4 stories) (26 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-18)
Hi Meghana23, thanks for sharing. It is a kind of paranormal entity found in our south India or many of the country. They asking for lift to the passers. They gave lift or not its not a matter, they will surely try to harm them or want to haunt with no reason.

With Respect

Arunbabu [at] Hunterjack
Meghana23 (3 stories) (32 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-31)
Hi guys... Sorry for my late reply

My grandfather not died because of her... He lived many years after that incident...

And my grandmother also died when I was 9

Sorry I can't provide more information because she doesn't not total information.
Pravallika_bade (1 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-15)
Hey... Even iam from Andhra. I think that she was angry on your grandfather as he didn't give her lift... But can u plzz find out more about this incident from your mom or your grandmother. Iam really interested in your story... Really, your grandfather had faced a creepy situation. It would have scared the hell out of him... Inka kasta information ivvandi... 😁
celestialmystick (4 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-13)
Because your grandfather refused to help here. There is a spirit like that here in America on this foggy road. If you deny helping her she makes your car crash. Entities are very powerful. I am sorry she took your grandfather from you.
Elina_ghostly (3 stories) (21 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Hi meghna. According to me I think she pushed because he did not gave her lift. I may be wrong.
Your grandfather may rest in peace.

. ❤
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-10)
Hi Meghana23,
Welcome to YGS, and sharing your story.
I think maybe your grandpa didn't gave her lift that's why she got angry and pushed him with force.
In other hand your grandpa took right decision for not giving her lift, as who knows what she could have done to him if he gave lift to her.
It can be a paranormal experience because the lady was seen twice by your grandpa. No human can be so fast as you have explained in your story.
After all it was a good read.
Thanks for sharing
Take care

Regards
Meghna Roy
Meghana23 (3 stories) (32 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
Hello lady-glow
Thanks for reading. It is not a poisonous plant. It's just a road side thorny plant. But my mother said my grandfather injured a lot because of that throny plant.
Another thing I forgot to mention was that lady died without completing her desires. This was said by the person who did the puja.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-03-08)
Meghna23: There's too little information in your narrative as to say what happened or who the lady was, much less to decide if this was a paranormal encounter or only your grandfather's unlucky day... But that lady was mean!

Do you know what kind of thorny plant your grandfather landed on? Is it possible that it was some sort of poisonous plant?

Thanks for sharing.
Take care. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: