You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Jumping Heart Necklace

Real Ghost Stories

Jumping Heart Necklace

 

I have many ghost stories as myself and family have experienced quite a lot however this is the most recent.

My fella brought me a beautiful heart necklace for Christmas 2016. It is something that I cherish deeply and I am extremely sentimental about it.

In April 2017 we were sleeping and I awoke suddenly and straight away put my hand on my neck to feel my necklace. I don't know why but I felt the urgency to check it was still there. It wasn't.

Now I need to explain the positioning of my room as it is important for this experience. My bed is pushed sideways onto the wall of the window. (Pillows are facing the first wall and the length of the bed is under the window). My boyfriend sleeps closest to the window and I sleep the other side. So back to realizing my necklace wasn't on me.

I jumped out of bed to look for it. My heart had fallen onto my chest so it is almost as if somebody pulled my chain from one end until the whole chain came off which is why my heart just fell slightly from where it usually sits. I really wanted to find my chain there and then but I had work the next day so I went back to sleep. I woke in the morning looking for it but couldn't find the chain anywhere.

It wasn't in the bed, nor on the floor. I pulled the bed away from the wall up against the window and surprisingly there it was! On the floor crammed up against the wall near the window. I picked it up half expecting it to be broken due to it coming off... But it wasn't. Everything is absolutely fine. There are no gaps, the clasp is very firm and the whole chain is secure. I have since been wearing it but I haven't wore it in bed in case this time it does break somehow.

My heart is a solid pendant with two hole areas inside the heart that the chain goes into. It literally goes through the heart. The whole necklace is perfect. I can't explain why this happened or why I awoke suddenly knowing my chain wasn't on me that night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Amyjad, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BeagleMom (3 stories) (84 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-05)
Amyjad ❤

Isn't it just the most baffling thing to have something like that happen? Please read my post about my Diamond Pendant! It has bugged the heck out of me forever! I guess we are the victims of a jewelry loving spirit, or (GULP) demon!

Here is the link:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=23936

Glad your pendant and chain are safe! Thanks for your story and Welcome to YGS!


Mother of Beagles
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-03)
Maybe ask your boyfriend. It may have come unhooked while you slept and if he found it, he may have tried to put it on the windowsill so it wouldn't get lost. As for the pendant still being on your chest... I don't mean to be rude or cheeky... But well... Sometimes one's cleavage can 'hold onto' things. The pendant may have lodged there while the chain slid away. Though, as others have suggested, perhaps sharing some of your other experiences may help place this event into a different category.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-02)
Hi Amyjad,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I can't say better than what has been already said by Mack. This experience alone doesn't seem paranormal but as you mentioned that you have many ghosts stories, can this be linked to other happenings? Probably that would be another story, but perhaps it could make this one clearer. 😊


Blessings.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-05-01)
This definitely seems paranormal, but I'm with Mack and Azrael here. I once tore a pair of pajamas, heavy wool winter things, with my tossing and turning during the night. One big tear, which my brother could attest to, from right shoulder to left hip. The pajamas were fine when I went to bed, but just from jerking around in my sleep. (Hey, got to get your exercise somehow, right?)

One possibility: Having taken it off, unaware from doing it in your sleep, you removed the heart from the necklace. It is also possible your fellow may have done the deed in his sleep.

Has anything else happened around your house or his?
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-01)
I have traveled all over my bed when I sleep.
I have sometimes gone over my ex-wife to the other side of the bed, while I was asleep.

Stuff I have worn when I was sleeping have "gotten away " from me, my chain, my bracelet, my watch etc - fallen into nooks, even gone inside pillow cases...

So...i don't consider it as a paranormal event, unless you have a repeat incident with paranormal activities.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-30)
Hi Amyjad

Welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing. Before we assume paranormal/spirit/ ghost causes for this occurrence, we must attempt to first rule out a more mundane, explainable reason your heart became separated from the chain.

My first thought, and no doubt you have considered this, is you removed it in your sleep. This may sound far-fetched but at the far end of the sleep walking spectrum, people have been known to actually get dressed and go to out driving. So it's possible to perform complex actions whilst asleep.

I personally have gone to sleep in various items of clothing and on many occasions awoken to find I am no longer in them, but with NO memory of removing them. My sincere apologies if that particular image has upset anyone 😆

Have you had any occurrences of what would be considered "traditional" ghostly phenomenon in your house, or connected to you presently, or historically? That could put this experience into a particular context and therefore add some weight to your theory.

Regards

Mack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: