You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: G Shows Himself To Let His Wife Know He's With Her

Real Ghost Stories

G Shows Himself To Let His Wife Know He's With Her

 

This past weekend, I spent the weekend with my ex-mother-in-law, N, in her 140 year old house. I've been to this house many times and have never been afraid of anything except the basement. It gives me the creeps!

Her husband, G, passed away suddenly last December 18th. She's been lonely and I wanted to give her some company. I knew that I was going to sleep in G's room. I thought I would be afraid, but once I settled into his room I felt fine. They hadn't cleaned his room out yet and I was surrounded by his clothing, shoes, and personal effects on the dresser.

The first day, we both decided to take a nap. In G's room there is a window in between his room and the computer room. I closed the wooden shutters for privacy. When I woke from my nap, I looked over at the shutters. They were neatly and completely open. At first I thought N opened them. But she was still asleep. I thought it was weird but hadn't put two and two together yet.

The next day we took a nap again. I closed the shutters in the inside window and also in the window to outside. I wanted to see if anything had moved when I woke up. When I woke up I started getting dressed and I glanced to my left and the left shutter was opening very very slowly. Before I could even comprehend that, the shutters on the other window slammed shut very loudly. It made me jump. When I looked to my left again that same shutter was slowly opening. I was so shocked about the other shutters slamming shut that it didn't even phase me that the other shutter was moving by itself.

Then I noticed the stand up fan, that I had placed in front of the outside window facing the bed for a breeze. It had turned 45 degrees and was now facing the closet. I was shocked.

I put everything back the way it was and ran to get N. I brought her upstairs and showed her all the things that had happened. The only way I can describe her reaction was giddy. I think she believes me but I'm not sure.

I believe he showed himself so that his wife would know that he was with her. They had been married for 60 years. I can't imagine what it would be like lose someone you've been with that long. She's had a hard time and he wants her to know she's not alone. I'm convinced of that.

I'm not sure why he chose me, because his daughter has slept in there several times since he died. Maybe he thought N would believe me. Anyway I spent that night in G's room. I wasn't afraid because I knew it was my ex-father-in-law and he would never do anything to scare me or hurt me. That was the last thing that he did. I was kind of disappointed because I was enjoying the show!

When I got home I told my husband about it and he didn't have much to say. It's so frustrating to have gone through such an incredible experience, and no one believes you. But I know what happened. I know what I saw. And I know it was real. I guess I'll just have to live with that.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, michellefs622, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

grain_of_sand (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-19)
Wow. Very fascinating. Things like this do happen and they've been happening since time immemorial. Thanks for sharing.
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-13)
Sweet story, and I mean that in a good way. I think spirits use whatever means they can to communicate. Your former father-in-law had his reasons for choosing to communicate through you. I think Melda nailed it. Your former mother-in-law may have either become too frightened, or disregarded his signals.

At any rate, Michelle, thank you and welcome!
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-13)
Michelle - I enjoyed reading this.

If it was your ex-father in law he was obviously specifically letting you know that he was there. Perhaps you are more open spiritually than his daughter or his wife, or otherwise he didn't want to scare them. Not that I think he wanted to scare you but your attachment to him in life was very different from theirs. Also his wife or daughter might not have been able to handle such an experience. Let's say you are more neutral (don't know whether that's the correct description)!

As for the reaction of your husband - well I have been married to a man for 43 years who will only accept logical explanations. Although I have gathered from some of his remarks over the last few years that he actually does believe me but simply won't acknowledge it. I think he's scared 😆

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: