You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Figure In My House

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Figure In My House

 

Greetings Friend!

I have been reading YGS from quite some time and decided to share my experience with you.

I am from Andhra Pradesh and settled in Bangalore, Karnataka. Please do pardon me if it is not exiting for you. Let's get in to the story.

I have recently moved in to the current apartment and I have not arranged the house yet as I am bit lazy and have been arranging the things as and when I get some time.

On one Friday, It a tiring day at work and by the time I reached home it was 11:30 in the night. I was not able to bare the tiredness so I immediately hit the bed. I am not sure what happened I woke up in the middle of the night and felt very thirsty. So I walked up to the refrigerator to grab a water bottle. I closed the refrigerator after drinking the water and saw a dark figure (I could not see anything else because the lights were switched off) and I could recognize the figure with the minimum night brightness.

I was scared like hell as I am the only person at home. I could even see 2 red eyes glowing in the dark and could listen heavy breathing as if the figure is angry. The worst part is the figure is hanging upside down on the ceiling. I immediately ran to the puja room (they will be specific rooms for praying gods in India) and started chanting mantras until morning and I was waiting for first ray of sunlight to actually see if the figure is still there in my house.

I have consulted the landlord immediately and informed him about the experience I had. He said to contact priest who can handle these kind of paranormal activities. On the same day I took off from office and consulted him. He came to the apartment and has performed some rituals

Since then, I did not feel anything in my apartment. My doubt is if I have not done anything wrong, why would the spirit or the dark figure angry on me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, phanhrut, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jester (3 stories) (24 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-13)
There is reason our elders in India insist on a house cleansing ritual before moving in. Old house or new doesn't matter.

One more comment about Rookdygin's prescription. I don't know from where he got these. But hey, thumbs up.

I have been seeing these things done by my mother. Airing the rooms, dusting, sweeping, incense sticks in all nook and crannies of the house and sweeping specifically just before dusk/twilight hour (I understood the significance now).

So, Rook's remedies are spot on.

PS: For Indian readers. The younger generation doesn't care, but now it should make sense why elders perform some minimal rituals before the dusk. Things like lighting a lamp, burning incense and saying a few prayers. It all makes sense now.
wth_devildog (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-02)
phanhrut,

In my experience, I don't think one needs to have a history of wrongdoing to experience such events. I feel that perhaps people have a certain spirit/personality/aura what have you that evil spirits are attracted to. Either because they want what you have or they want to snuff it out. I'm glad that it hasn't happened to you again.
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-02)
Hi Phanhrut, It was a chilling story, I think may the house had some bad history means there had been some bad incident there before you rented the house may be there will be some spirits. Check for the history of the house. Do you still stay there? God Bless All
phanhrut (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-03)
Hi Rook,

I got your point. However, I could easily differentiate the figure from the refrigerator's light. I strongly believe that, I have not seen an illusion and saw a real figure which I have commented in my earlier message.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-29)
While 'Cleansing and Shielding' is never a bad Idea I have to wonder if this may not have been a case of Mistaken Identity...

The O/P stated this...

"I closed the refrigerator after drinking the water and saw a dark figure (I could not see anything else because the lights were switched off) and I could recognize the figure with the minimum night brightness."

If the refrigerator light was on the entire time they were getting their drink then their night vision would have been 'compromised' when they closed the door AND any number of things or a combination of things 'could' have combined to cause them to 'see' what they did.

The priest blessing your home and the fact that this has not reoccurred are great things, however a mundane reason can not be totally ruled out, at least not with the details provided.

Respectfully,

Rook
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+6
7 years ago (2017-07-28)
Openedeyes,
From Comments Guidelines:
"This site offers discussions on the topic of ghost experiences, with people coming from various cultures, so please avoid proselytizing or preaching, unless the author of a story specifically asks to receive feedback from that religious perspective. This site is not about religious beliefs, it is about actual personal paranormal experiences and exploring reality with an open and investigative mind so we can actually learn more about the paranormal, with the same empirical mind set that made science so successful in other fields. Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact."
If you or anyone else for that matter, doesn't understand this, just ask and I will explain it.
L_Melb (220 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-28)
You can almost see people reading this site and in a hurry signing up convinced they have THE answer which must be told... πŸ˜•
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-07-28)
Openedeyes - You have no way of knowing what Phanhrut saw. To state with such absolute authority that it was a demon from the Third Group is ludicrous.

The OP specifically stated that he ran to the puja room, a room for praying to Gods in India. Having said that himself, it is highly unlikely that he is Christian.

He is at liberty to choose his own religion and to use the rituals of his own faith to rid himself of any unwanted spiritual entities.

Regards, Melda

This comment from Openedeyes is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-20)
Phanhrut - I'm afraid I don't have any explanation for what you saw. You mentioned that you have not had a similar experience since the first occasion.

By the way, have you tried Rook's cleansing method?

Regards, Melda
phanhrut (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-20)
I consider all the possibilities that you have mentioned about flying fox. However, the size of the figure which I saw in my apartment doesn't match with the size of the bat/flying fox.

Comments please
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-13)
Melda--I wouldn't think it's common for Flying Foxes to end up in in someone's apartment but I know that bats do end up in houses sometimes. When I was a kid growing up in South Carolina a bat got into our house through the chimney. We were able to "escort" it out with a broom.

Now finding a Flying Fox, which have wingspans up to five feet, hanging in the kitchen would be a real "holy s***!" moment! So with that said, it might have been for the best that phanhrut didn't pop on the light. Although it would have settled definitively if it was a massive bat or not 😜.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-13)
phanhrut: the only chance to know what that thing really was would had been to turn on the lights and see for yourself... And you missed the opportunity that night.

Whatever we suggest now is going to be like trying to hit a piΓ±ata while wearing a blindfold; many tries without results.

Though praying is never a bad idea, most of the time taking action is the best. If there's a next time, please, turn on the lights and let us know what you saw. πŸ˜‰
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-13)
Manafon - Well done! That possibility didn't even occur to me.

Hopefully Phanhrut will reply soon. I would also love to know whether the "entity" hanging from the ceiling might indeed have been a flying fox/bat. I wonder though - do they in fact go into people's houses?

Regards, Melda
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-13)
Phanhrut--One non-paranormal possibility for the figure you saw hanging upside down with red glowing eyes is the Indian Flying Fox. They are common in most regions of India. They are considered the largest bat in the world and can weigh up to three and a half pounds.

If you had a window opened or have a vent that leads outside, this big type of bat might have found his way into your apartment to give you a late night shock. Consider if there are any vents, windows, screens and so on that a curious bat might have accessed.
phanhrut (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-13)
Dear Readers, can you please let me know what that could have been as I am not able to figure out until date
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-09)
Wow! This story scared the skin out of me. Thanks for sharing!
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-08)
Val - Thanks 😊. You certainly have a way with words. Perhaps by the time I'm 75 I'll slip into smart mode. Then again, that's still quite a way off (fortunately) - hopefully I'll manage it sooner.

By the way I had a peek at your website a while ago - great stuff!

Regards, Melda
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-08)
Melda,
Well now - if everyone knew everything this old world would be incredibly boring, wouldn't it? Besides, knowledge not shared means nothing, and unasked questions leave us no smarter. πŸ˜‰
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-08)
Val - Thanks very much!

One of my pet hates is exposing my ignorance to the masses. This time I just had to do it because that simple action just eluded me!

Regards, Melda
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-07)
Melda,

I'll take the liberty of explaining links to you, if Granny doesn't mind.
Up at the top of the page, you wish to link to you'll see an address bar. (www.yourghoststories.com/withabunchofotherstuff) will be inside it. Right click at the end of the url (address) and select 'copy'. Go to your post, right click 'paste'. Voila! You have posted a link.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-07)
Granny - I have yet to discover how to find the links and add them to comments. Yes I know - technically inadequate πŸ˜†

If you have the time would you mind telling me how to do it? I get to profile pages without any difficulty but adding links? Dumbfounded.

I'm stopping right there. The more I say, the more stupid I seem (or am). I won't even ask my kids anymore, I mean, is this the same woman who used to help us with our homework?!

Regards, Melda
phanhrut (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-07)
Thank you for the information about Rookdygin's profile page. This would help me a lot on my clarifications
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-06)
HunterJack (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-06)
hai phanhrut, your story is good. You just type profile name on the right side. You will got his profile
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-04)
phanhrut - I'm not great at posting links. Go to google search at the top right of the page. Type in Rookdygin. You'll find a list of stories etc. Open a story or even the comments section where his name is mentioned, click on Rookdygin and it will bring up his profile page.

Regards, Melda
phanhrut (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-04)
Thanks Melda,

Can you please assist me in finding "Rookdygin's profile". Can you please send me a link for this if you have.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
Phanhrut - Sorry, I misspelled your name in my previous post.

Please don't allow fear to rule your life. Perhaps contact the priest who originally assisted you and ask him for a protection prayer to shield yourself.

Also, it might be a good idea to visit Rookdygin's profile page to find a very good cleansing method (for your apartment and yourself). It is not based on any religion and many members of this site have found it extremely helpful.

Wishing you the best

Regards, Melda
phanhrut (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
Thanks Melda. I am still in the same apartment and did not see anything until date. However, due to that instance I still feel fear within myself sometimes when I am alone at nights
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
phanrut - Firstly, I don't believe that this entity seemed to be angry because you had done anything wrong. It probably just felt anger within itself and didn't want you there.

I'm pleased to hear that you consulted a priest and that he was able to remove the entity.

Regards, Melda

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: