You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Accident But A Strange One

Real Ghost Stories

Accident But A Strange One

 

This incident has happened recently. Although I neither saw nor felt anything unusual myself, I was very much a part of this strange incident.

It was in the month of December 2016 and I was visiting my home town in North Bengal. My flight landed at Bagdogra Airport around late afternoon. From Airport, I took a taxi to my hometown. To reduce the fare a bit, I was sharing my taxi with a Lady, who was about to get down at a village on the highway to my hometown. Later, we found out that actually, her house was in another smaller village about 10 kms from the previously said village. This 10 Kms was a typical village road which passed through a deserted area. It took us an extra hour to reach her house. By this time, it was getting dark. After dropping her, the taxi turned towards the highway again. Now that I was alone and with the entire backseat at my disposal, I fell asleep. Suddenly my taxi driver applied emergency brakes. And although, we were not travelling at a high speed, but the force was strong enough to throw me out of my seat. On asking what has happened, he told that he thinks that he has just ran over a teenage girl in school dress. He was very nervous and asked about what should be done. After a quick discussion, we decided to take the victim to nearest medical facility and got out of the taxi. But there was no sign of anyone or anything. My driver was speechless, amused and confused and started searching the roadside bushes. After a while, I suggested that, he might have fallen asleep too or might have hallucinated or something like that. But he kept on saying that it was real. After searching for another five minutes or so, we started our journey again.

After reaching the highway, we stopped at a tea stall for a break. While having tea, my driver narrated our experience to the tea stall owner. The tea stall owner turned out to be from the same area. What he told freaked us out. Firstly, about a month ago, A school girl was indeed run over and killed by a truck at almost the same place and around almost the same time of the day. And secondly, we were not the first people to experience this unusual incident.

Other hauntings by Nemo_1981

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nemo_1981, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jimmyto (3 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-07-13)
i have heard that some people that have died will do the same things what he or she ocurr at the time they die. They will do it again and again at the sane place and same time that they die. 😨 😨
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-17)
May be those spirits have stucked in some time loop.
Very heartbreaking incedient.
Thanks for sharing.

Regards
sapna_b0333 (3 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-17)
Strange but why these spirits wants to repeat the same incident when that little girl already died...
May be that driver must have tired & its a hallucination
Puthy (guest)
-3
7 years ago (2017-10-03)
Wait a sec and watch the ending of the Ring and just know that could be you if u screw up
GenjiGod (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-03)
Well this makes me fell sad for this spirit, you should go back there and see if you can help bring her to peace so see can move on and out of this world.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-02)
Yup, those were just the stories I was referring to, Red. Common enough and none of them too far fetched to be beyond the place of reality - sadly, I'd bet that many of them are at least half true while many are contrived to keep teens in line. Not to say that I get the sense that this account was a contrivance on the part of the OP:-))
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-30)
AugustaM,

Just about every lower 48 state has a mystery hitch hiker.
Usually it's a teenage girl dressed in a prom dress who is either crying on the side of the road or she's walking in the road that a young man picks up and brings home. Some see her enter the house some not but she always leaves her beautiful handkerchief in his car. The next day he returns to the house to return the hanky and finds out that the girl had died 10-20 years before. There are other versions of a bride but you get the idea. It's a campfire story/urban legend.
Red
L_Melb (220 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-29)
True, it is strange it happened at almost the same spot but I wonder why would anything show up at "almost" the same place?
It may seem like I'm being argumentative - perhaps it depends on the entity and what purpose they have. I'm going to just keep going in circles if I go on! 😁
Thanks for sharing your experience
Jubeele (26 stories) (896 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-29)
It may be a "black spot", something we call an area where a lot of accidents happen. It could be where visibility is poor for drivers, e.g. Sharp corner, no street lights; the road is in bad repair; or the junction at which a vehicle tends to accelerate (like coming down from a hill).

In Singapore, some people claim it's caused by dark spirits. They put a little shrine at such spots with offerings to appease their anger.

In Australia, they put flowers or mark with a makeshift cross in memory of the road victims. It also serves to remind other road users to take extra care on that stretch of road.

I think taxi drivers will be a great source of stories. They see people from all walks of life and work shifts during really late hours or early morning.
Nemo_1981 (4 stories) (4 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-29)
I cannot confirm what the driver saw or felt as I myself was sleeping. What amuses me is the fact that it happen at almost the same location as the original accident.
L_Melb (220 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-29)
Just a thought... You don't think that perhaps the driver made some mistake and told you about the girl to cover for his error? Yes, not the best of reasons but all I can do!
Lilwolf (8 stories) (66 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-28)
This is both sad and disturbing, to know that a young spirit is stuck on that road reliving her death repeatedly is a horrible way of existing. Hopefully one day she will be able to find peace and pass on. Thank you for sharing this.
Jubeele (26 stories) (896 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-28)
It does seem like a sad echo, a replaying of that tragic event. Maybe someone can also put some flowers in memory for her at the spot.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-09-27)
Poor girl! I hope both you and the taxi driver made it home safely that night. There seem to be similar stories here in the states - though, oddly all those that I have heard seem to originate in the 1920s-1950s and the ghost of the deceased young girl often hitches rides with unwitting passers by. Seems as though what you experienced was every bit as unsettling! May she find peace - if you are ever back that way, maybe say a prayer for her?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: