You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: I Don't Have A Pet, But I Keep Hearing Paws

Real Ghost Stories

I Don't Have A Pet, But I Keep Hearing Paws

 

I know this sounds weird, and it's not specially horrifying. But, one night I was watching a movie at the living room, lights off and wrapped in a blanket. Startled by an unusual sound, I paused the movie. I know that I heard paws against the tiles of the floor, like when a dog is calmly walking around. The sound has stopped, and when I turn my attention to the tv, intending to resume my film, the sound starts again. I look at the dark, not seeing anything. I don't freak out, just makes me scratch my head.

I don't have a dog because my mom don't likes them. Another day, during daylight, I hear those paws again, at the exact spot, in front of a glass door. I keep asking what is this, causes me a lot of curiosity. Am I imagining this? Is it a visitor? Recently, I have become more spiritual, less stubborn, like I have opened something on myself.

There are different happenings at my home, but this is one of them. Because I'm currently working at home, I notice several things when all is quiet, silent, when I'm alone. They are not dramatic events, they are discreet, I don't expect them. Sometimes are just inexplicable, steps, feelings that don't belong to me, sensations in my body, I sense, that come from outside, I don't know if you get me. For example, one night I shut off the light because I pretended to sleep. My sister A. Was on a boot camp, so that night I was going to sleep by myself. I was lying in my bed and suddenly felt a pressure next to my head, on the right side of the pillow. I could sense and hear a breathing, kind of agitated. I stayed like that a few seconds, then I turned on the light. I was nervous, so I left the bathroom light on that night.

I hope someone can tell me something about it, maybe to enlighten me. Thank you for reading!

Other hauntings by OktaviaObinger

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, OktaviaObinger, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-01-02)
Your new post is very helpful.

I did not read deeply enough into your first post as I focused on dog scratching sounds. I should have caught your additional input. My apologies.

May I suggest that go to the top of the YGS page (this page will do). Look slightly right of center at the top of the page. Locate "Other Related Topics" and click. Now, locate and click on "Psychics & Mediums."

Your focus should be on Mediums. Poke around a bit and you will see why I am suggesting this to you. You may be a natural Medium. Simply put, an antenna for receiving the kinds of input you have described.

I am not a learned person about ghosts. I came here seeking information as you are now. Some people have been very helpful and succeeding at putting my mind at ease. There is an entire sub-section on pets, and their return after death appears to be recognized, if not somewhat common.

As an untutored person regarding ghosts, I'm going to take a topical risk and say that ghostly phenomenon may happen to anyone. In other words, if a ghost wants to appear to you, or let you know it's around, it will.

Being a Medium means you have increased sensitivity (ies) to some aspects of the paranormal. Said differently, you may hear, see or know what others do not or cannot.

Being psychic is different. For me, it is the appearance of knowledge unsought. I just 'know' things.

I hope this is helpful to you and you find the answers you seek.

We can talk anytime.

MrRiggs
OktaviaObinger (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-02)
Well, I do not have animals on my house walls, because they are not hollow, they're build solid. To those suggesting about rats or mice, that could have happened when I heard those paws at night, but not during daylight. I had a clear view of the zone and sunlight was entering through the glass door, like something invisible was walking. It's a dry, urban zone here where I live, so no wild animals like raccoons or armadillos, nor cats or dogs entering the house.

When these kind of experiences occur, believe me, i'm always finding the "reasonable reason", always trying to explain by mundane causes. I do not rush to paranormal, but then something else happens and I go "ok then"

Those sensations I sometimes get are random, no calendars or patterns. They just come in different ways: a hand touching my back at night when chatting on cellphone, hearing cries of a significant other and when I call them, they're struggling with very deep emotional pain at that moment, awakening sadness when being in certain places or watching certain photos of old eras, I don't know, guys. Maybe I just sound plain crazy to you.

This is not always the same. There are seasons where I don't sense any strange happening, and there are some where I experience a lot of them. Like i'm some kind of antenna.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Lots of love!

P.D. I'll read the "MrRiggsWalks", thank you!
publicways (32 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-01)
You may have animals in your walls. It's especially common with animals like raccoons and possums. A lot of the time the most obvious explanation is the correct one.
MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-31)
Please read my story "MrRiggs Walks." I was tempted to speak up when you first posted but the topic is still a little tender for me.

After you get familiar with the story we can chat.

It is very reasonable for suggestions to be presented to you to find a practical answer for the sounds you have heard or are hearing.

I know there may/may be another answer.

I support your seeking a real world answer first. After that, I am an option available to you.

MrRiggs
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-30)
Oktavia: I agree with the previous posters, before saying "Ay nana, tengo miedo! (Nanny, I'm scared!), it's important to rule out all the possible mundane explanations for the noise. You know how it is during the night, noises seem to magnify in intensity.

It would be a good idea to start a journal and see if the feelings and sensations you are talking about follow a pattern, - could they be related to your hormonal cycles?

Have any other family members experienced anything similar?

If the activity escalates you could try a blessing or a cleansing of the house.
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2017-12-30)
OktaviaObinger,

Tweed has described a typical Aussie situation.

My brother and his wife used to live on the second story of a block of units with huge gum trees sending out branches that would scratch on the windows when there was any wind around.

The cat would wake them up making strangled meowing noises. My brother would hear scratching noises coming from the kitchen but on investigating he only found the kitchen window open.

This went on for quite a while until they were woken by a coughing shriek. My brother rushed into the kitchen to find two possums fighting over an apple. One let go and took off out the (again) open window, while the other one sat in the sink and ate the apple. He never did find out how they were opening the window.

I'm not saying that your situation is not paranormal, just need to rule out anything in this world first.

Regards
Rex-T
Jubeele (26 stories) (892 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-30)
Oktavia, the first thought that came to me was giant cockroaches - eek! Their spindly clawed legs (of which they have way too many) do make a scrabbling, clacky sound on tiles. I find them terrifying. Especially the flying variety.

Maybe some trespassing rodent like the agouti or something like the opossum, armadillo or anteater has somehow found a way into your home. We've a brush-tail possum that comes into our courtyard from time to time. It usually eats the new shoots from the plants. 🐾

If you don't feel threatened by this visitor, whatever it is, then maybe it means no harm. But the minute you feel uneasy, do take action. Be well. 😊
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-30)
Hi OktaviaObinger,

Have you ruled out animals for these things? Especially nocturnal ones. My Grandmother woke up with a possum dangling above her one night. She had a hole in her bedroom wall, from another possum years previous, they're a total pest.
Maybe you have a fury friend paying you a visit at night, might be getting in through the dog/cat flap, if you have one, or a window - you could check for busted flywire, or an adjoining garage if you have one.

Ruling that out, I'd guess you have something of a ghostly pet. But if you feel a sense of melancholy, or you think it's dodgy, look into cleansing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: