You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Okay, That's Weird

Real Ghost Stories

Okay, That's Weird

 

Over the last 7 years, I (and some others around me) have experienced some strange goings-on. Each time I have thought, "Okay, that's weird", tried to find some rational explanation of what I've seen and/or heard and then I've forgotten about it in due course. Here is one such strange occurrence.

My wife, daughter and I were sitting down at the dinner table having dinner funnily enough, nothing unusual, talking about our day etc. My daughter is sitting at the head of the table and my wife is sitting opposite me, so my daughter is in between us. Behind me, about 2 meters away is a wire clothes dryer rack. On top of it is an empty wash basket.

As we are talking/eating my wife's face changes to awe/fear and she nods her head towards something behind me. I turn around and see the wire clothes dryer gently shaking at first. Weird. As we both watch it, the shaking/wobbling gets more and more vigorous. My wife asks me "Are you seeing this?" I reply "Yep" not taking my eyes off it. The wire dryer shaking gets even more intense and then slowly starts to slow down until it stops completely.

We didn't make a big thing out of it as we didn't want to scare my daughter. Afterward I tried to recreate the wobble/shake that I saw, maybe one of the legs were stuck in a tile join and a truck driving outside the house caused the leg to come free and cause the wobble. Nope. I thought maybe the heater vent above it caused the wobble. Nope. I could not set off the wire dryer to do the the vigorous wobble/shake I saw without any outside intervention. The only way to recreate it was actually physically grabbing the wire dryer and shaking it.

I will try to add some more strange goings-on when I have time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, saboy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-22)
Saboy- I know that a friend of mine has experienced strange happenings, she also lives in Australia... Have you ever experienced anything other than disturbances inside your home? Forgive me I am curious... I have seen videos of other worldly things being caught on video etc.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-21)
It's weird, BGP - Kirby is an indoor cat, and I got him barely old enough to leave Mom, so his hunting talent came as quite a surprise. Hysterical is when he attempts to catch a bird or squirrel through a closed or screened window. I should've named him Idjit. Lol
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-21)
Val- want to trade cats? Mine's an excellent mouser to but he likes to bring them inside and "play" with them. They get loose, he looses interest and... You see where I'm going with this, don't you? 😠

I'm with RSAChick on this one saboy. Would love to hear more experiences to get better context of the situation but as it stands and since you've ruled out the most obvious natural probabilities, it sounds as if you've may have something otherworldly going on.

Thanks for sharing and please do share more!
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-19)
saboy,
Funny (as in odd) but I just had something similar happen two days ago. The racks inside my stove began rattling like mad. No one was walking about, no one home in the lower apartment, no traffic at the time, and nothing else seemed to vibrate. Just the stove. Very odd, indeed! It's winter here, and I suspected perhaps a field mouse had made its way in and was seeking the heat. Armed with a flashlight, I checked it out (roommate is a big baby about such things) but nada, and our cat, an excellent mouser wasn't reacting the way he does when one is dumb enough to think it can move in here. It happened a total of 3 times within an hour, each time rattling harder. Very odd.
saboy (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-19)
Hi All,

Thanks for your comments.

RSAChick, funny you say that, yes, I actually did check for seismic activity, and there was none reported. Where I live it is pretty stable, we do occasionally get the odd earthquake (very low in the Richter scale, like a large truck has gone past) every few years. This is the one and only time I've experienced some object just started shaking out of its own accord, that I could not explain.

Manafon1, Sorry to hear of your loss. But no, there were no deaths prior to this happening. We have experienced other strange things which just defy logic. Around this time, While my daughter was in the bath she was adamant she saw someone walk past the bathroom and into her bedroom. She asked my wife and me "why did you go in my room?" Neither of us had actually gone into her room when she said we do, but she was adamant someone did. I ended up telling her that I went in there to close her curtains.
RSAChick (115 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-17)
Hi saboy, this is interesting and freaky!
Any way it could have been caused by an earth tremor or quake? Could you check on the internet for any seismic activity (however small) in your area on that day and time?
Where I stay we rarely get tremors (due to historical mining activities). We are about 400 to 500 km away from the epicenter of these tremors. It is the strangest thing to be sitting quietly and feel these slight vibrations. Or for some things around you to start rattling or vibrating.
Anyway, just looking for a non-paranormal explanation! Maybe if you share your other experiences a different picture will emerge?
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-17)
Hi saboy and welcome to YGS. I enjoyed reading your strange account of a vibrating clothes rack. I had something not dissimilar happen to me a few years back. As I sat reading on my couch one afternoon, the metal chain to open and close my living room blinds (vertical blinds about six feet high) started shaking like someone was rattling them to get my attention - it did! This shaking increased dramatically and I stood up to investigate, walking the seven or so feet over to the chain. As soon as I got to it the shaking stopped but a loud "popping" sound began emanating from the couch!

This popping lasted only a few seconds then stopped. I believe the shaking and popping were created by a boyhood teacher and dear friend of mine who had just passed away three days earlier. I think she was stopping in to say goodbye. Did you have a friend or family member die soon before this incident? If so, it might have been a brief and startling visitation. Thanks for sharing - interesting stuff!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: