You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: You Okay?

Real Ghost Stories

You Okay?

 

This experience was the reason why I got into ghost hunting. It was my very first time.

There is an old historical war marker that's just outside my town that I used to visit during childhood field trips. It always fascinated me. Years down the road I'm ghost hunting with friends at 18, when I finally broke free from my parent's grip and moved out. I guess you could say my "rebellious stage".

I had taken 2 of my friends, Kaitlyn and Patrick, to this old historical fort. I talked them into going with me because it was my first time going "hunting" also. I parked the car and we all walked through the gate. I remember getting so intrigued as I looked around at the chimneys, what was left of the old buildings, because it took me back to childhood. It hadn't changed a bit and I was hoping it wouldn't.

We walked around a bit, using our flashlights on our phones. It was a calm night. Nothing really going on. I was enjoying it, just walking around with my good friends.

We found the food storage building, which didn't have a chimney or roof but, still had it's walls and window holes. We noticed a sort of small campfire that was in the far corner of the building in the grass. It wasn't lit but, just alligned with rocks and had burnt wood in the center so, we knew that people had been there days prior.

We all scouted for some wood to renew the fire and once we lit it, we sat criss-crossed around it in the soft grass and told stories. No ghost stories though. Kaitlyn didn't like the fact of telling ghost stories in a haunted place in case it attracted any unwanted "attention" so we mainly stuck with childhood memories. We were vibing together and it was one of the times that I was truly at peace.

Once the fire went out, we turned back on our flashlights and started making our way back to the front gate. Now, the path that eventually shows up that LEADS to the gate is alligned with small bricks. All facing vertically and touching one another.

I've always been a kid at heart so, I decided to walk on these small bricks. Just to test my balance (and to avoid the "lava"). Some people will get that reference lol.

I was in the middle of my friends. Patrick was a ways behind me and Kaitlyn was behind. A bit more than an arms length away. She was buried in her phone, texting her upset mother because I had kept her out so late.

Now, as I was walking on these bricks, I finally lose my balance. I regained it by stepping off with one foot and stepping back on. I had my arms extended from my sides for the whole "maintaining your momentum" and what not.

When I had stepped off however, Kaitlyn had put her hand underneath my elbow to make sure I didn't fall. The bricks were the small rectangular bricks that had 2 holes in them so, there really wasn't a need for her to that. I thanked her anyway.

She replied "what?" And I repeated my thanks. Well... When she asked "for what?" Is when my heart sank into my stomach. Keeping composure, I calmy explained why I thanked her. "For making sure I was okay."

"What do you mean?"

At this point I told everyone to stop and explained to Kaitlyn that I had clearly felt her hand underneath my arm while I lost my balance a bit while I was on the bricks.

"But, I didn't touch you."

I started getting nauseous when she said that, as well as furious. I'm always skeptic when it comes to the paranormal. I always do my best to find the plausible solutions to strange activities. Such as this one apparently.

I asked angrily, "so, you DIDN'T touch me? At all? You don't recall you touching me?" She repeated herself and reminded me that she was texting her upset mother. I looked at the distance between us and there really was no way she could have. I could have reached my arm out and my hand would have to grow an extra arm and a half to touch her but, I wasn't accepting this. I started to get worried so, my logical thought was to now target Patrick, who was walking in front of me.

He reminded me of just that. That he had been in front of me the whole time and that it was impossible. Not only this but, he also walked on the opposite side me. Both friends did.

So yeah, I started losing my composure a bit I won't lie. I was feeling a mix of anger and fright but, because I didn't want to accept the thought that I had in my head. The way my friends were looking at me if I was going insane wasn't helping the situation either.

We just stood there in silence. They seemed like they were too afraid to come near me because I must have looked like I was about to throw up, which I was but, I didn't.

Kaitlyn broke the silence by accusing me that I was lying about being touched.

"There's no way you're telling us that you got touched by a ghost Michael."

I snapped. Not in anger but, fear. "But I DIDN'T say that. I'm saying it was one of YOU. And I think it was you Kaitlyn."

She told me to stop messing around and I told her the exact same thing. We had a back and forth argument about it because I really WASN'T lying and that I felt a hand. She was trying to say that it was a leaf that fell from one of the trees that was nearby so, I kept emphasizing that it was a hand and that I know what hands feel like.

Now, you guys are about to probably about to think that I'm a pansy at this point. I was going to keep this part of the story out but, I think I can put aside my pride to emphasize how serious I was at this point.

Patrick and I have been friends since elementary. He knows every little thing about me. The main thing is that I love hugs. When I hug someone, it's because I like the way it makes me feel more connected to the person. I've been hugging since I was little. Parents, siblings, teachers, co-workers, etc. I'm just a loving person and I love to make people feel loved.

So, with that being said, Patrick breaks the argument by simply walking up and hugging me and I bust out in tears. I hate crying. Hate. It makes me feel weak and I hated doing it in front of people but, I lost all my composure and was crying at this point. I honestly can't give you a pin point reason but it was mainly becsuse it was so unexpected and it frightened me. Bad apparently.

I did my best to quickly stop crying and Kaitlyn finally saw that this was messing with me. She assured me that I wasn't going crazy and that I had a kind of gift if I had just literally felt a human hand on my arm. To keep avoiding the fact that I was touched by a ghost, I went back to her theory that it was probably a leaf and they all chuckled at me. I did eventually give in.

After that day, I did some thinking and talking with them about it. Our best explanation is that we encountered a spirit that simply wanted to make sure that I was okay. When I had lost my balance on the bricks, they put their hand under my arm as if to say "You good? You got it?"

It's just crazy to think "wow...I was touched by a ghost." And "who was it?" "What kind of person where they?" To this day it still baffles me. It's like the spirit also made sure I wouldn't be able to decipher it, it seems like.

Thank you for reading this. If you have any thoughts or questions, I'll be happy to answer them😊

Other hauntings by Gh0stHunter

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gh0stHunter, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Gh0stHunter (10 stories) (71 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2017-12-29)
Jubeele

Oh my gosh I've had a similar experience! When I had to roll out of the way! But instead of a horse shoe, it was the metal piece of a basketball goal! This excited me so!😁

I have been planning to post that experience so keep an eye out for it I think you'll relate ALOT💙
Gh0stHunter (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-29)
Rex-T

Thank you for the warm welcome! The past month has been pretty hectic but everything is alright and solved now😊

I should be back for good this time unless something else happens and there will surely be more stories so keep a keen eye out! I'm going to start posting my most bizzare experiences (and I will more than likely gain a few haters I presume) but try and bare with me I need clarity on some of them!

Thank you😊
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-29)
Now that you mention it, Gh0stHunter, unseen helping hands are kind of spooky. 😲 But I'm grateful for the help all the same.

I've written about getting unexpected help in "Horsing Around". 🐎 You can read about it here:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25171

Always glad to hear from you. 😊
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-29)
Gh0stHunter,

Welcome back, hope the last month has been kind to you.

Even though your ghost hunting days are over, I wonder if you still have a few more experiences to share.

If you have, I'll look forward to a good read.

Regards
Rex-T
Gh0stHunter (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-29)
EmmalineTexas

I agree! Just a different form I was thinking the same thing.

Wow that was a saving grace! A very comforting feeling indeed once you've got all calmed down and analyze the situation as a whole!

Thank you for commenting!☺
Gh0stHunter (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-29)
Jubeele

I'm glad you can catch my comic reliefs in my stories and I'm even more glad that you can relate! Lol I'm sure we've all had our moments where we stepped on cracks on purpose when mother gave us a good scolding😂

I like the way you worded that! A helping hand. I've had a few experiences but nothing compared to my first time (cause first times are always the craziest and most memorable lol)

Oh gosh if I felt a distinct pair of hands on me and there was no one around I won't lie I'd probably faint. My mind couldn't process it so it would go into overdrive and freak the heck out! That's crazy!

I totally agree with you. Completely harmless. Just shook me up a bit haha I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Gh0stHunter (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-29)
Rex-T

Yes it indeed was Fort Phantom Hill! I love the place lol. I will admit, it is pretty eerie with thunder and lightning but it's also very beautiful at the same time💙

Yes it most definately didn't add up! I tried so hard to make it too!

I most definately think it was someone watching out for me and it IS a pretty comforting thought☺
EmmalineTexas (10 stories) (163 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-18)
GhOstHunter - Hey, neighbor. I really liked your story. It can be really frightening when you find that someone or something has reached out to you from out of the blue. It helps to remember that most times, you're dealing with a person (in different form).

One of the first times I went hiking, at Palo Duro Canyon, I lost my footing at the top of a trail. I was literally past the tipping point and staring straight down at a 60 foot fall. Something pushed me in my chest so hard that I landed back on the trail top on my butt. With a very large purple bruise in the center of my chest. Like you, I cried, wanted to throw up and said a huge thank you. Truth be told, I was comforted. I knew that there was more here I had to do. Maybe that's a good take away from your encounter.

Please keep sharing your stories.

Emma
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-18)
I had a chuckle at how you walked on the bricks to avoid the "lava". I still get such moments of whimsical fun every now and then. As girl, I also avoided walking on the cracks of the sidewalk. 😜

That "helping hand" has happened to me a number of times too. I'm hardly a graceful gazelle and if there's an uneven rise on the footpath, my foot is bound to stumble over it. While I've had my share of spills and pratfalls, I've also had uncanny "saves".

On a few occasions, when I've tripped and felt myself falling, falling, helpless to stop, I've distinctly felt a pair of hands holding me by the waist and straightening me up. Then there were the times when I've felt a firm yank on my arm, hauling me backwards onto the kerb - moments before a speeding car comes zooming madly past the corner. I've looked around, thinking to thank some helpful bystander, but nada. No one was next to me each time.

Some may call as it having a vivid imagination. Or maybe it's something else...

In your instance, there was no harm intended or any harm done - so there's no need for fear. I believe that 'ghostly' encounters needn't all be unfriendly ones. This was a positive experience.

Thanks for sharing it. 😊
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-17)
Thanks Michael for sharing your experience.

Was this place Phantom Hill? It certainly sounds like it (without the thunder and lightning).

It's funny that us 'skeptics' tend to be experts in hindsight. In this case however, a calm night and a leaf on the underside of your arm? Doesn't add up.

I'd have to admit that someone/something was looking out for you.

I hope (in hindsight) that is a comforting thought.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: