You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Golden Haired Girl

Real Ghost Stories

The Golden Haired Girl

 

First off, I'd like to begin by saying that this isn't an experience of my own. This happened to my mother when she was around the age of 11. It all started when my mother and uncle were sent to boarding schools across the country. My uncle was to attend a private school in the countryside and my mother was sent to a much older and more disciplined boarding school near Maidstone,England. One of the rules in the school was that you should always knock before entering the bathroom. This was due to the fact that there weren't any locks on the bathroom doors.

One night as my mother was getting ready for bed she decided to take a late bath. After knocking on the downstairs bathroom door and receiving no answer, she enters. Upon entering my mother remembers seeing a girl laying in a bathtub full of water. The girl was facing the wall so my mother couldn't make out who it was. She just saw a girl with pale, almost blue skin and long golden hair that dragged on the floor behind her. My mother apologized for disturbing the girl and quickly left the room.

Keep in mind that in a boarding school with around 300 students at the most, everyone knows everyone. Even if she didn't know someone personally, chances were she had seen them around before. My mother however, couldn't think who the girl in the bathtub was, because nobody in the school matched the appearance of the bathtub girl.

Another girl my mother knew who in this story we'll call Jane came downstairs. After asking my mother if the bathroom was occupied Jane was also surprised to hear the description my mother gave about the girl inside. Jane gave an unbelieving look and asked if my mother was sure, though my mother didn't usually lie or tell tales about anything. Just to be certain Jane knocked on the door and once again there was no answer. Though as they entered this time, there was no one in the bathroom. The girl had gone. Jane laughed it off, but my mother remained very serious about the whole situation.

The next morning my mother took it upon herself to investigate a little bit. She asked one of the head teachers if there were any new students in the school. After receiving a negative answer, my mother was very confused. The teacher questioned my her and asked why she thought so. After my mother retold the story to the teacher, she looked confused too for a while... But then her face turned pale. The teacher just sat there for a while before telling my mother the real reason there were no locks on the bathrooms.

Years ago, many girls would get so upset and depressed that they would lock themselves in the bathrooms for hours. Most of the time no harm would come to the girls. But there was one tragic event that changed that... There was one girl who decided to take a late bath before bedtime. She entered the bathroom and locked the door. The girl fell asleep in the bathtub and supposedly drowned. Nobody was aware she was in there. She was found the next day lying in the bathtub, facing the wall, the bathtub filled with water.

My mother to this day swears by what she saw and to this day she is a strong believer of the supernatural world and all it has to offer. I also believe her.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EllaKS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-18)
Perhaps the body was floating rather on its side or her head was turned to the side - thereby still laying down in the water but also facing the wall. I have heard of people drowning in bathtubs before because they have fallen asleep... Though for the life of me I don't understand how it happens. Wouldn't the water you inhaled make you naturally start to cough and splutter waking you up rather quickly? Unless there was something that had incapacitated you like a mild stroke or heart attach or some sort of drug or intoxication. Just always something that has mystified me...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-17)
If she drown, shouldn't Rapunzel's body have been fund under the water instead of facing the wall? 😕

Hello EllaKS.
I enjoyed reading your story though, in my opinion, it's possible that the girl died from a different cause than drowning.
Of course I wouldn't expect your mother's teacher to know the results of the autopsy if itwas performed, specially since this seems to have happened some time before your mom attending the boarding school.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: