You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Let Me Tell You About A Girl Named Abigail

Real Ghost Stories

Let Me Tell You About A Girl Named Abigail

 

Abigail was the first Spirit that I had ever seen. You can read a previous story of mine about that, she was the girl who ran through my living room.

Before I met Abigail, I was a skeptic. My Wife and Son could both see Spirits easily, but I dismissed their stories of the girl... I thought their imaginations may have been feeding off of each other.

After I met Abigail, I began to research the history of my 116 year old Victorian home. I discovered something interesting...

The home was built by a wealthy Family who's daughter became pregnant out of wedlock. They moved her here so the pregnancy wouldn't bring shame to their name, but then moved out suddenly in 1911.

I believe Abigail would have been her daughter.

Soon after meeting Abigail, I would talk to her. I was trying to learn how to sense a Spirit and I would talk to her when I thought she might be around.

Then she started talking back.

It started with voices at night, some laughing, and DREAMS.

I believe she came to me in a dream. I saw her and I asked her if there was anything I could help her with. I suddenly saw images of a tall blonde man with crooked teeth. His body was apple shaped, like Gru. It was as if I was viewing him as Abigail did. I will not go into detail, but there was molestation that culminated in murder, and I saw it as if I were being strangled. The dream ended with a tiny body wrapped in a blanket being set down in a shallow concrete foundation.

I woke up covered in sweat.

The concrete walk and my front porch were both built in 1911 and I believe she is under my porch.

I've called a man who trains cadaver dogs, he was a no show. I've called contractors who use ground penetrating radar, they want some money before they show up.

Its my intention to get her a proper Christian burial.

After that dream I would tell her "Abigail, you are not worthless, you are not dirty, and you are worthy of love. I felt what you felt, and I need you to know that I care about you. You didn't do this, HE did this TO you, and he was wrong."

We have a painting of our home. We commissioned the painting when we bought our home. It looks like we imagine it did long ago. Its a beautiful spring day with flowers and grass bathed in the sunlight. It even has chickens pecking in the yard 😊

I pointed to the painting and told abigail "This home is all yours Sweetie! You deserve to live in a safe home where every day is beautiful."

We have NEVER seen nor heard her since that day.

Other hauntings by Dangslow

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dangslow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Positively_Paranormal (9 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-29)
This is a beautiful story. It's so often that spirit just wants to tell their story and receive recognition from someone so that they can move on. You see it a lot with these more tragic events. By acknowledging her death and recognizing her with the painting. It seems to me that you helped Abigail to cross over into the light. ❤ great work. Way to keep fear at bay and bring this lost spirit some love that she most definitely needed to move on.

God bless,

+P
DirtCreature (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-25)
I think if the timeline is off, it could be possible that the mother of Abigail gave birth to her daughter before moving into the house. Because you can keep a baby in the house, a toddler for only so long and because she was getting older, her family could have sent her away because sooner or later more and more suspicions would arise from a random child wandering around. Though I am not sure to what extent a baby and birth would be difficult to conceal since it would be easier to send away a mother who isn't "showing" yet. But even women back then had methods of concealing pregnancy stomachs with their clothing. It's just an idea.
Dangslow (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-25)
DirtCreature, no, we have not been able to find any missing persons report, but I think I know why.
We think the girl was an illegitimate child. The Mom was sent away to live here in Utah by her wealthy family so she wouldn't bring shame to their name. While she was here she met a man. The man may have been the molester.
One night things went too far and she was killed. They buried her in the porch and moved away.
Nobody here would have missed her because the family moved.
Wherever they moved the people would have never known she existed. She just simply disappeared.
The writing in my porch says it was laid in 1911 and the house was built in 1906. That would put the Abigails age at about 5 or 6 at the time of her death.
Now the girl that appeared in my dream and my living room was about 8, so the timeline is a bit messed up...
The house is mine, so permission wouldn't be an issue, buy money is. It will probably run a couple grand to get someone out here with ground penetrating radar to scope it. If they find an anomaly I will hire a concrete cutter to slice a hole big enough for me to dig and exhume her. Then we will need to buy an additional plot in OUR family plot and give her a Christian burial, because WE consider her OURS now.
Finally, there will be the cost of repairing the porch.
Ive actually been considering a GoFundMe but I don't know how that works.

CuriousDee, yes, our home used to be quite active until I told them we needed them to back off a bit. It has reduced a great deal, but it will only truly be our home once Abigail is properly laid to rest.
At least that is what we believe...
DirtCreature (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-24)
This is an awesome experience. Dreams are such a strange thing when it comes to the paranormal. When you have strange dreams that are confirmed by experiences when awake, it is reassuring.

Are there any old missing persons or related reports that may be available to the public where you live? Perhaps, you could confirm it further with those?

The porch thing is freaky. Maybe you can get permission to "renovate" your porch because if I were in your shoes I would be dying to find out. 🤔😟
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-24)
Poor Abigail 😳 I hope she did find peace and I'm sure you helped with that. You said she hasn't been seen since, have you had any other strange encounters in your home? Thanks for sharing 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-24)
Wow! It seems to me like you helped Abigail to cross over. 💓
Fascinating and touching experience, thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: