You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Meeting My Daughter Thanks To A Dead Friend

Real Ghost Stories

Meeting My Daughter Thanks To A Dead Friend

 

When I was like 15, one of the family friends died. I was really sad, she was always a safehouse when everything went rough.

I dreamed about her a couple of months later, Japanese cherryblossemtree and wonderfull light. She then told me, she would be back with news, but that it would take some time.

I never ever thought of that the last 15 years or so. I was married with my ex, and we wanted kids. After the first IVF I was in hospital, drugged for the pains I had and saw a nurse walking into my room. She looked like my friend and told me it would fail and keep on failing. But I was so fuzzy from the painkillers, that I asked the nurse, what did you say and she didn't look like my friend again. I forgot what I heard.

I broke up with my ex, we had to take some hard decisions and I dreamed of my friend, she said, I told you it will fail. Suddenly I remembered the hospital experience.

Towards the end of 2014 I dreamed of her again. She told me there will be a surprise, a big one, that it would be a miracle. Since my mom had her first cancer treatment and was declared clean just a few days after my dream, I thought it would be that promised miracle.

I got the flu, stayed sick and before going to the doctor I had a strange feeling I should buy a pregnancy test. I did and it was positive. My boyfriend and me were like in shock. The doctors once told me I wouldn't get pregnant without hospital help.

After that busy day, I dreamed again and there she was sitting under the blossom tree. She smiled and said congrats. And told me she would be there during my pregnancy, telling me more.

I woke up, feeling sick and hugged a bucket. My boyfriend woke up, brought me some water. He arrived at my bed, holding the glass and trying to get a pink flower leaf out of the water. Remember it was now February and no flowers that bloomed pink. I smiled.

In March I dreamed again of her. She would give me a sign again. And she showed me a young kid, that long blonde hair, with curls and that was eating ice cream and cheese (guess what my daughter loves to eat).

Boyfriend and me were talking of naming our kid, and we had a girls name. Not sure about it. So we were watching the river flow and looking at the ships. There was suddenly a cloud of pink leave and boyfriend pointed me to the ship coming by. Bearing the name we discussed...

It was almost half July and I was like pff pff is this ending soon? It was warm, and everything hurt. I went to bed, and dreamed again. She told me to hang on. And that all would be ok. Just keep hanging on.

Our daughter thought it was a good idea to show up 7 weeks early, after a week she was rushed to another hospital for surgery. Still not sure how but pink leafs where on the wheelchair they transported me in. And not sure how but my neighbour was waiting at the hospital (not for me but for her son in law), she went like, get in I will drive you to the other hospital.

I was crying, feeling torn inside.

Entering the hospital, somehow all we got was pink, pink bed covers, pink toilet paper. We could stay one night and then go to the guest house for parents whose young kids were in hospital. I was knocked out. I cried a lot and was so tired that I do not remember falling asleep or what I dreamed for sure. Only that my friend showed up, telling me not to worry. That she would send me 2 signs the next day.

I woke up, no flowerleafs, just a nurse knocking on the door. I answered and she told me her name and that our daughter was doing perfectly and that the doctors wanted to talk to us. Her name was the same as my friend. Her last name was one letter different. But I saw the sign. At the neo-intensive care, the nurse taking care of my daughter had the same name as my mom. It was a perfect name-match. The nurse said that our kid was doing so well, that she would have loved to have her as a granddaughter. I laughed and laughed. I couldn't believe the signs.

Arriving in the guesthouse, a Japanes cherrytree blossoming next to the window of the room we stayed in. It wasn't the time for this tree to blossom.

The night that followed I dreamed again. My friend told me that all would be ok, that she will take care, that I wouldn't meet her again for a long time, but that she would always watch over me and the little one. Ooh and that she would let me know once in a while she was there. So I see pink tiny flower leafs at times there are no blossoms (like in a snowstorm).

Other hauntings by iez

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iez, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

iez (4 stories) (14 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-06)
thank you DeliverDawn,
That was what my mom told me before she died (one year ago). She told me about our friend and that I should not worry
DeliverDawn (5 stories) (45 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-04)
Hi, iez:

I know that you made this story seven months ago, but I hope that one day you come back to see this! I strongly believe you need to research spirit guides, as that, to me, more than anything else sounds like what your friend is to you. X
iez (4 stories) (14 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-03)
[at] RedWolf. If my daughter could have such an icecream she would surely eat it. Or yes fried cheese with an icecream on the side.
And we didn't name her after my friend. I thought of doing it, but it felt no good. For when we saw the ship it felt like my friend wanted us to use the names we picked, that she liked them.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-02)
iez
I agree with lady-glow your friend is more of a guardian angel, keep looking for those signs. Ice cream and cheese,together? I hope you named your daughter after your friend, or at least gave her that name as a middle name.
Red
iez (4 stories) (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-01)
[at] lady-glow, well she used to be a joker... Together with my mom they would both make plans, sometimes like teenagers would do.

But yes a guardian angel she seems to be nowadays. And that feels safe to know
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-01)
iez - it seems to me like your friend is more of a guardian angel than a ghost.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: