You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Music Disturbance

Real Ghost Stories

Music Disturbance

 

This is my first time writing a experienced story here and please do excuse my poor English.

This incident happen few years back in 2013, I was at primary 6 then, innocent and playful. My school back then have music class and I tend to love to play with my recorder. One night, it was around 10pm something, my mother told me not to play with the recorder as it is already night time. I didn't seem to really care what she say and just continued playing with it. I was playing "Twinkle - twinkle little star song " blowing cheerfully at my recorder. I got tired afterwards and place my recorder at my room table.

I went upstairs and forgot about my recorder. Dad and my aunts were upstairs watching TV. All of the sudden, I heard someone playing the recorder. It has the same rhythm I played few minutes ago; "Twinkle - Twinkle little star." I ask my dad if he can hear it and he say yes thinking that maybe it was my brother who played it. So I went downstairs and check if he is playing around with my recorder and to my surprise, he is sound asleep with my mother. The recorder is remain untouched at my table. I got scared afterwards and ran upstairs. It wasn't after 10-20 minutes when I hear someone calling my name from the staircase in a soft slow tone " Beaaaaaa" (not my real name). I went to hug my dad as I was scared and he told me that I shouldn't play any instruments at night as because Chinese believe that you will disturb the unseen.

The next day I told my mother what had happen & she told me to read my bible every time going to bed and never play the recorder after 6pm. I learned my lesson after that...

Other hauntings by Sharpxeyes

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sharpxeyes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-09)
Socracy5, I'm far from an expert in these things. I believe in being respectful to the spirits and other people's beliefs, but not to the extent that unreasoning fear totally restricts my lifestyle. I have music playing softly on my laptop at all hours of the day and night, to wind down and relax. I think your family should be able to continue to enjoy your night music, as long as your neighbours (seen or unseen) raise no objections. 😊

For every theory, there are always exceptions. I sometimes suspect that many Chinese beliefs have evolved over the centuries as a means to ensure that people live in harmony. Like no loud playing of music at night so as to avoid disturbing the neighbourhood peace. But it does carry more weight when someone tells you the spirits might get annoyed with you. 😜

There's also the possibility that someone in the house had snuck downstairs to play a prank on the OP because they didn't like the recorder. Then again, during the Ghost month, musical performances are held to entertain and appease the wandering spirits. Just don't sit in the front row - it's reserved for the spirits! 😲
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-09)
At least you weren't playing rap, that's the only 'music' that would bring the worst out of anyone! 😈
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-09)
AugustaM - Thank you for your opinion maybe it's actually the temper of the spirits could be really terrifying but I can understand, If I were in those spirits' place then I too won't appreciate anyone who is trying to wake me up from sleep without my intentions.

Jubelee - I see, thank you for sharing the information, I appreciate your opinion, but a question if you don't mind, does it even depends on the rhythm played by the instrument, actually I just heard somewhere that a particular rhythm shouldn't be played at night as it is said to attract and gather spirit around it, I am just concerned cause most my siblings are "night musicians" along with my dad.
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-08)
Hi Sharpxeyes - 欢迎. I remember those years of learning the recorder with my elder sister. Our music teacher wanted us to progress to the clarinet, but it was a luxury our family couldn't afford at the time. It does take a fair a bit of practice until you can hit notes like High-C or B-Sharp without shattering eardrums.😜

Your father could also have been reinforcing your mother's wish for you to stop playing at night - because they wanted some peace and quiet. So do the spirits apparently. Was the voice calling you male or female? You felt scared but was it because of the strangeness of the incident, or did you feel threatened in any way?

Socracy5 - there are very many Chinese beliefs! Chángxiào 長嘯 or transcendental whistling is a Taoist practice mentioned in ancient Chinese literature as far back as the 3rd century. Such whistlers were said to have the ability to call spirits, animals and control the weather.

Augusta - Primary 6 would be about 12 years (old enough to know better 😁). I must admit the recorder is like an overgrown whistle. In Thailand, they believe that whistling calls the spirits...

Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcendental_whistling
Https://theculturetrip.com/asia/thailand/articles/why-you-shouldnt-whistle-when-walking-in-thailand/

Sharpxeyes, I wonder if the 'whistling' recorder somehow caught some spirit's attention and he/she came looking to see who was making all that noise? I'm glad nothing else has since happened and you were unharmed. 😊
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-06-08)
Maybe it depends on the type of music and the temper of the spirits around. Perhaps the OP was a gifted 6 year old but in my mind a 6 year old with a glorified overgrown whistle would be more than enough to raise the dead!
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-08)
It is a pretty odd myth, but you know, I got a sister who plays her piano every night for practice,
I believe she had never experienced anything like that, I am quite interested to know about its origins. Looking forward to hear from you 😊.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: