You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Woman/spiderman

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Woman/spiderman

 

One night I was coming home from a party at around 2am. As I was walking through the yard, I saw a shadow of a woman with long hair in my mom-in-law's bedroom window. I thought it was her so I didn't think anything of it at first.

The next morning I walked into her room to ask if she waited up for me to come home the night before. She told me she was asleep before 12. Then she asked me if I walked into her room when I got in because someone stood at the end of the bed saying "Mama". I don't know if that was a sign for us, but we were already planning to move out of that house weeks before.

Another experience I've had happened a couple weeks after the first incident. I was babysitting a two year old and a six month old. Like any two year old boy entering his terrible twos, Sam would run around the house screaming "I'm Spiderman" at the top of his lungs. I didn't think anything of it until he stood in front of a wall yelling "Noooo, I'm Spiderman! You Batman". Nobody was there. But that wasn't the worse part. What really creeped me out was when his six month old sister (who was in my arms at the time) stopped smiling at me and looked straight past me at the wall with her eyes wide as I had ever seen. Suddenly she started to scream and I couldn't get her to stop or to look at me. Sam began to scream "I'm Spiderman!" over and over again at the wall. Finally the baby stopped screaming abruptly and so did Sam.

Shortly after I heard the screen door slam and when I went to open the front door to see who or what it was, no one was there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, T-Logan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jubeele (26 stories) (896 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-17)
Hey Max, how are you? I'd noticed the mention of the MIL, but it's possible that the OP simply married young.

Children can set each other off screaming when they're making a fuss. One scaring the other. Or each vying for attention. Sam could be developing an imaginary friend. Also the screen door could have been caught by a passing breeze that slammed it shut.

Details, details. I do hope more details will be forthcoming soon. We'd love to know more please. 😕
Serenflipppity (guest)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-16)
Something is not right with this story. Am I the only one who noticed "the author is a teenager) " yet refers to a mother-in-law? "...in my mom-in-law's bedroom window." Or have I misunderstood/misread something?
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-16)
Hi T-Logan,

Welcome to YGS. I see, it happened when you're shifting. Well, did all this had ever happened before? Or the occurrence was too sudden?, It sounds pretty much of a residual haunting to me. How long was your stay in that house?.

It was mother-in-law's house, so did you asked her anything strange happened in the past?. It could have helped if you could provided a little details about the background of the house or any unusual incident which took place in the past.

The spirit is confirmative to be a woman as per the details provided by you, but it sounds odd that everything happened suddenly. I think you should research about the backstory of the house which could possibly lead you to the roots of this incident,
I I suggest you to begin by sharing this incident with any of the members of the residence, maybe it could reveal some surprises to you. Looking forward to hear more from you.


Regards
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-14)
T-Logan,

I'm curious... How long had you been in that house? Did you or anyone else experience anything similar or strange there? The figure saying "Mama" can feel scary, but perhaps it was the spirit of a child, truly looking for his or her mother. That just feels sad.

Hoping you can provide clarity 😊

Dee
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-14)
In my opinion, there's not enough information in your narrative as to decide if these events are paranormal.

Were there any other unexplained occurrences, other than you seeing a woman in the window of your MIL's bedroom and her hearing/seeing someone saying "Mama", during the time you lived in that house? Was paranormal activity the reason why the family were planning to move out of the place?
Do you know if your MIL sleepwalks? Is it possible that the voice she hear was only a dream?

How long have you babysat those kids? Have you asked their parents if the two y/o has an imaginary friend? Have you discussed the children's behaviour with their parents?
I wouldn't be surprised if the little one began screaming after getting scared by the screams of her brother.
Just because the screen door slam, doesn't mean that a ghost was leaving the house, perhaps a small animal or something else pushed it open.

I'll appreciate your feedback, thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: