You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Dead Aunt

Real Ghost Stories

My Dead Aunt

 

This story happened a few years back as 2010 and has been told by my other tita, which is my dad's first cousin.

We are residing in Bacolod City, the City of Smiles. This city is being heralded as the most liveable city by experts in the Philippines due to its affordable lifestyle and rising infrastructure.

My Dad's cousin, Diday, is known to have a third eye. She can see dead people even if the person had died several years ago. One day, our other aunt in Manila, Tita Reri, passed away due to illness. It was around 2000 or so, I'm not so sure I'm not good at dates, unfortunately.

Aunt Reri lived with our other aunt, Tita Fally, together with her family before she went to Manila to stay with our other aunt, Tita Kashmir. They're all siblings, they're around 9 of them but the 2 siblings died when they were young. Our Aunt Diday is staying at our Tita Fally's house.

One night, when they were all asleep, Tita Diday heard a voice of a woman, like talking to herself. She sounded like she's angry or something and Tita Diday paused a bit to locate where was this voice came from. Tita Fally's house is a two-story house, all of their bedrooms are upstairs with a living room at the center on the second floor. Then, there's a cabinet owned by Tita Reri which is locked with all of her personal belongings inside.

The sound that Tita Diday heard was from the second-floor living room and the woman sounded like she's looking for something inside the cabinet. Tita Diday stood and checked by opening the door from their bedroom and found a woman dressed like our beloved Tita Reri. Tita Diday froze a few seconds when she saw the woman and quickly went back to bed, covers herself with a blanket and prayed until the voice was gone.

This story always sends a shiver down my spine when I remember it. Actually, I felt goosebumps while I'm writing this.

Other hauntings by no_name_face

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, no_name_face, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

no_name_face (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-14)
[at] Amor

Unfortunately, there were no other sightings of Tita Reri.

We've talked to Tita Diday and asked her if she could try asking these dead people what they're looking for, if possible but she could not do it for she's very scared to death every time she has seen one. She doesn't like being left alone in Tita Fally's house either.

Thanks, you too!
Amor (5 stories) (64 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-12)
Aww, I understand her fears. But maybe if she went up and asked what her late sister was looking for, she'd find something. Or maybe your aunt didn't like how her old stuff got stashed away or something.

It's been some time ago. I wonder if it happened again. Or maybe they have an update. Considering she's been gone a long time before it happened, it could have been just a time-slip or a residual haunting.

Take care:)
no_name_face (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-12)
[at] lady-glow

No, they didn't go through the cabinet. Tita Reri didn't appear to be an apparition though.

Yes, it's the only time Tita Diday have seen Tita Reri after she passed away.

You're right. She doesn't seem to like it. She has seen a lot of dead people already, including our dead neighbors too. I will write about it if I have the chance.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-12)
Hello n_n_f - that was an unnerving encounter. 😨

Do you know if Tita Reri's arms/hands went through the cabinet's door?
Was this the only time Tita Reri was seen rummaging the cabinet containing her earthly possessions?

I imagine Tita Diday got scared, though it doesn't seem like Reri meant any harm. I guess Diday, though aware of her sensitivity, doesn't enjoy having her gift. 😐

Thanks for sharing and welcome to YGS.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: