You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: The Man Is Back

Real Ghost Stories

The Man Is Back

 

So to clear things up right off the bat, this story is being submitted on my girlfriends behalf, but I have some experience with it too.

As for some context:

She has a very dark history. When she was a baby, her mother had multiple affairs on her father. At some point, she wanted the guys she was messing around with to beat up her father, to 'get the message' that she was over him. Those two guys ended up shooting him in the head 4 times, and cutting his throat twice. Her mother was sentenced to life in prison. Her aunt had gotten custody of her, but from what my girlfriend told me, she was physically abusive, and at 17yo, kicked her out of the house, right before she graduated high school. She ended up moving in with one of her best friends. Due to all of this, she is not involved in religious activities at all. As "if there was a God, why would he let this happen".

My girlfriend and I (both 21yo) have been dating for just under a year and a half now. I met her on a personal vacation at my parents house in New York, while I live in North Carolina, as I am stationed here. We have been dating long distance until recently, roughly three weeks ago, she moved in with me, our first apartment, here in North Carolina.

My girlfriend has a gift. She used to be able to see people and hear people who have passed on. This was when she was younger, roughly between 8-16 years old. After 16, she stopped seeing and hearing them all together. At least until about 6mo ago when she came for my grandfathers funeral, where she stood outside the room as we all said our last goodbyes after he passed away from cancer. I was so upset that he never got to meet her, but when I went to see her in the hall, she told me about how he came to her, and finally met her, before passing on...

But there's no gift like this that doesn't have a dark side... She told me about who she calls "the Man". A very skinny and pale man with pitch black eyes. She could feel his presence, whenever he was near, very oppressing. She told me about how when she was younger, he would sometimes be in a corner of her room at night, looking at her. A few times he was actually on top of her, pinning her to the bed. Other than that, he wouldn't harm her. She told me that she heard him mumble or like whisper, but could never make out what he was saying. This all occurred when she lived with her aunt, and stopped when she moved. To her, the malevolent spirit was tied to the house, as it would have followed her. It was a huge relief, as it felt like it was feeding off of her fear.

Fast forward to her moving in with me, about 4 years later, we had just finished getting settled into our cozy 1 bed 1 bath apartment. Relatively new, built in 2013. Not a worry in the world. But then she told me about how right before the move, she started seeing shadow people. Not harmful or anything, just shadow people out of the corner of her eye, minding their own business. But she also felt like she was being watched. Then it continued when she came down to NC. Seeing them in the corner, or at a quick glance, but nothing really that would obstruct with her day. I never saw anything like this in our new place. I occasionally heard footsteps in the night, but I just waived it off as our neighbors.

One night, about a week into us living there, its roughly 12:15AM, we laid in bed, with the lamp on. On our cell phone checking Facebook and things like that. When we decided to go to sleep, I turned the light off and closed my eyes. I heard her start to cry, while trying to be quiet. I rolled over asking her what's wrong. She tucked her face into my neck and cried and whispered, "The man is back. He's here". I asked where he was, and she replied with, "on the ceiling". I looked up at our ceiling fan and saw a black mass. Kind of shaped like a bent oval. No light source could've casted this shadow, and it was getting darker. I quickly turned the light on and held her for a little while. I then went to my closet and dug out my Bible. She said she felt his presence leave at that point, but asked me to read some of it to maybe comfort her. As I was reading, maybe a page worth, she stopped me. Told me that the more I read, the more she was feeling sick to her stomach. I began to hear footsteps in our living room, walking around. Heard them walk up to our bedroom door, but that was the last time I heard them. That whole ordeal lasted about 10 minutes.

Since that night, about a week and a half ago, we haven't experienced anything except for the occasional shadow person minding their own business. I check every part of the room when I go to sleep at night, and keep our Bible out on the nightstand. I can't tell if this is a malevolent spirit, a demon masquerading as a pale, skinny man, or whatever. I just want answers... I suggested church, but she's iffy on the idea. We want to burn some sage, but have yet to find a local shop that sells it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

Other hauntings by E6bee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, E6bee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sunsetsister (4 stories) (9 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-03-13)
I, like so many people have taken quite an interest in the power that you believe the bible is having over this situation. I am not going to confirm nor deny that it is working for you. Right or wrong, here are my thoughts. I am an empath. Although I feel that I have created enough barriers in my mind that I often have to be pretty dialed in unless it takes me by surprise or is a small thing. My point really is about barriers. You have created a talisman of sorts by setting stock in your bible and potentially for this reason nothing occurs whilst it is near you or because of the strength you believe it has, you don't see or hear anything.
We do this with many things. A baseball bat by the bed for protection for instance. If someone surprises you or comes with a gun the bat is rendered fairly useless BUT it makes you feel better just by having it there. You feel secure knowing that you have a weapon there and you sleep soundly. This could be a very similar thing. The power of the mind is pretty spectacular.

My next point I wanted to raise. At times in my life when things are particularly hectic or negative things happen, I find that I am far more susceptible to the paranormal than at other times. Particularly if I hold anger over something or am grievously upset. It harms your defenses and it also attracts negative energy. I would suggest that your girlfriend very much needs to seek out ways to try and resolve things that have happened in the past. Much of the time we all feel that we can get through these things by ourselves and I am sure that she has excellent coping mechanisms but unresolved issues can fester and could be an attractant.
Wishing you all the best:)
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-02-27)
After reading over all the comments...I'm generally a believer in the demonic and often agree with those on here that believe in these things too.

But this time, I'm not too sure.

Considering this women's family history I'd be more inclined to believe in a history of mental illness. The fact that her mother plotted to have her father murdered goes well beyond the realm of normal thought patterns. That is not normal thinking at all. Serves logic that her daughter might have inherited these odd thought patterns. Possibly a type of insanity.

I'd need to rule out any mental illness to go further in the demonic realm.

I don't doubt you might have seen something on the ceiling too but there is a thing as suggestive thoughts. She could have convinced you to see something that wasn't there.
E6bee (2 stories) (7 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-02-27)
UPDATE:
(5 weeks since the event)

Have yet to experience anything in our bedroom. It seems as if the presence of the bible is keeping whatever it is out of that room. But the occasional hearing footsteps out in the living room has escalated to nightly.

About 3 days ago, my girlfriend and I woke up both with vivid dreams involving demonic possession. Not to us, but to someone we know. It wasn't the same dream, but it was strange how both of us woke up in the morning and had experience a dream involving demons. I feel like it was the entities way of letting us know it is still here, even if it can't come into the room. 😨
E6bee (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-19)
To all who are commenting:

UPDATE:
Things have been calm the past week and a half. I have tried to stay off this site for a bit, to try and reduce the amount of paranoia I may receive from reading stories, so forgive me for the while between responses.

My girlfriend has recently gotten a good amount of good news. She got hired at two places that she applied for, had recently gotten off of her period so her hormones are leveling out, and she's been happy with her mental state.

We both have noticed activity still, such as the footsteps and random knocking on the walls and such. But neither of us have seen or felt the negative entity since that night. One thing that did make me paranoid is that one morning after we got out of the shower, she pointed out that I had scratches on my back. About 5 of them, but you could cover it with a 5x7 index card. It didn't hurt or anything, just raised the skin. I waived it as me or her scratching my back, as both of us have done it in our sleep before.

I just hope this negative entity isn't waiting for the right time to come back... I'll keep you all updated!
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-16)
Hello E6Bee,

After reading Biblio's comment, it has opened my eyes to a couple of things.

I've never known anyone to be scared of, or feel sick at the sight of the bible. I too am interested to know if other religious things make her feel sick as Biblio lists in his comment.

Perhaps as Biblio says, it may well be Psychological. Try putting a different cover on the bible and read it to her that way. Perhaps she will feel less bothered. If all else fails, maybe read something completely different for a while.

Keep us posted.

Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-16)
Greetings, E6bee.

I don't like to type until I have read everyone else's comments, first; I had to wait a few days until I had sufficient time to read and to consider the suggestions.

I have a question that has been bothering me since I read your narrative: Is your Bible the only religious item that has caused your girlfriend to react badly? Travelling through almost every human settlement in North America will include passing a church, chapel, or cathedral. There are religious bumper stickers on cars everywhere in the U.S.; American money is adorned with Christian slogans; additionally, people wear religious jewelry, t-shirts, hats, etc. Has she reacted badly to any of these symbols, mottos, or buildings?

If the Bible alone is the *only* source of discomfort, the greater the likelihood of her reaction being purely psychological in nature.

Just a thought.

Best,
Biblio.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-02-15)
Hi E6bee,

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, as I've not read the comments. Please have your girlfriend seriously consider counseling, or therapy, for her past traumas as this is likely enflaming any negative entity's hold on her. You and her could even look into, I believe it's called holistic therapy, they take into account a person's spiritual beliefs and generally treat the person as a whole, not just the problem.

Just like living folk, supernatural creeps chip away at sore points.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-02-15)
Intergrist,

This is the last comment I'll make on this thread because E6bees thread deserves to stay relevant to his story.

My response is not a kind of aversion to Christian methods, it is more a reservation - regarding posters girlfriends lack of consent.

Is consent a core value for you?

Your answers are thorough, well thought out and intelligently composed.

I sign out with this.
I am prepared to respectfully disagree on this one.

Maybe a middle road is if the poster asks his girlfriends permission to read psalms aloud over her while she sleeps?
Seeing as she clearly voiced her discomfort about him doing it while she is awake.

Boundaries... Don't leave home without them.

I feel the " it's for her own good " (elbows out) approach is possibly likely to alienate her and make her lose trust in her partner.

Trust is important if a person has had trust issues all her life. Its likely she has trust issues - as she has a history of abuse.

Ain Soph Aur and keep up your care, Integrist. Heartfelt.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-14)
Integrist,

Excellent answers all the way around. It makes sense about 'cleansing' the medal before Blessing it, and to be honest I should have thought of that...It's like cleansing crystals (or any ritual object) before and after their use, so their energies/connections/influence remain 'focused'.

Respectfully,

Rook
Integrist (83 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-14)
[at] Nectarvore,

I am not sure I follow the reasoning behind your opposition. The fact that it is to be done while she is asleep is for two purposes:

1) to test if her negative physical reaction is psychosomatic in nature (perhaps due to aversion to religion in general) or if it is indeed caused by another source that is evil, which has latched onto her.

2) If it is psychosomatic, then her being asleep will cause her no discomfort. And there will be a better way to help her.

If it is the case that evil has latched onto her as OP thinks could be possible, then "respecting her wishes" could be the wrong thing to do. Likewise, the exorcist does not respect the "wishes" of the possessed when the demon acts through the person and says "No". Unless, we know the cause for her negative reaction - whether it is actually her not willing it or something else pushing her - I would not be too quick to judge a calm reading of the Psalms over her as being "disrespectful".

At times, we need to do things that people we care for do not like. This is not about disrespect, it is about finding ways of assisting her.

Partly also the reason why I asked E6bee if she has the same reaction to pagan and new-age rituals being suggested here at times.

Certainly, there is the option of just leaving the Bible out altogether, and avoiding any possible discomfort, and just letting "the man" do his thing - whatever that may be.

Ultimately, we propose possible venues of action, and E6bee, who clearly wishes to help his girlfriend, will decide what he thinks is working. I simply picked up that from his story, the Bible did push away "the man", who is seemingly attached to his girlfriend, and this same Bible - when read from - causes her physical discomfort. Now, you can just ignore that there may be a possible connection, and leave out the very thing that to them so far has proven itself to work, or you could - cautiously - test whether there may be an attachment, and if that attachment is the reason for her negative reaction.
Integrist (83 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-02-14)
Hi lady-glow and rookdygin,

I'll address your points in this response, hoping that it does not derail the conversation. I suppose it may be helpful for the OP as well to understand where people are coming from, and why certain things are being suggested as opposed to others.

>Don't take me wrong, it's not like I doubt this particular saint can offer help and protection but, - wouldn't any other saint, archangel, the Virgin Marie or even a crucifix offer the same service?<

Certainly there are many holy things, and of the Saints and Angels, none is higher or closer to God or feared more by demons than the Blessed Virgin. I could have for instance suggested the use of the Rosary, of which is said - as recounted by St. Louie Montfort - that it had the power to cast out 15000 demons at once from a possessed person.
However, I cannot assume E6bee to be a Catholic, and to thus know how to pray the Rosary, and also have the patience to do it: meditative prayer takes its time and a lot of patience.

So, we have here two questions really: why St. Benedict and not any other Saint, and why his medal and not any other sacramental?

The first question ties to the second: in this case, because I suggested his medal: practically speaking, this is probably easier to come by than e.g. A medal of St. Gemma Galgani. Further, the Benedict Medal is often put on a crucifix as well.
And not every sacramental is the same: sacramentals - for them to become holy objects - require blessings. Some have a "general blessing", while others have more specific blessings hinting at their use. So, for instance a Green "Scapular" is used to obtain the grace of conversion for another, whilst a St. Benedict Medal has a blessing with exorcism prayers specifically made against evil. The medal itself has an inscription of a short exorcism prayer.

You can read about that here: https://www.romancatholicman.com/st-benedict-medal-with-exorcism-blessing/

Certainly, someone could also use a Crucifix, a Medal of another Saint, a holy Icon, a statue, etc. However, I cannot suggest everything, and need to make a choice, and the St. Benedict Medal - with its purpose in mind - is a trusted sacramental by many exorcists, and so I suggest its use against any diabolical oppression.

"I don't know if all comes down to the strength of a person's faith"

Sacramentals - as opposed to Sacraments - work "ex opere operantis" - by the working of the worker. So, in a sense, the person making use of the sacramental - with the Church's blessing - will make more effective use of it with greater faith and confidence. The type of blessing - depending on what the sacramental is used for - also has an impact on the efficacy of the sacramental: as an example: Holy Water made according to the revised ritual is not as effective as traditionally blessed and exorcised Holy Water according to exorcists. The former works, and one can use it, the latter just works better. So here: it depends on what you the sacramental is designed for, how it is prepared for such use, and who uses it and how.

I do not know about wearing red or even placing a statue upside down. We would reject those things as superstitions. Obviously, most who are not Christians would probably disagree.

When you ask why this and not that: one could also ask: why is Sage here so often suggested by others? Is one plant inherently better than another when it comes to use for spiritual purposes? And if so, how comes? Why is red supposedly a protective colour, and not e.g. Blue or green? Or why diamonds and not emeralds or just plain pebbles?

In my view, a certain telos has to be given: a purpose. The more a creature is used toward its purpose, the better it is. With the sacramentals, the purpose is given by the Church's rites. What about the Sage, the Diamonds, the colour red?

And now, I get to your excellent question, Rook:

"The basic definition of exorcism is removing UNWANTED SPIRITS and/or their infulences... Why would you want to remove the 'positive energies' from a Blessed Medal? Or am I not understanding just what you are trying to say. Just curious."

There is a difference between minor and major exorcisms. The casting of of demons from possessed people would be the latter. The former, on the other hand, is used to take creatures - living or not - out of the dominion of the "Prince of this World". This is not about removing "positive energies": any sacramental prior to being blessed has no "positive energies": they are materials from a fallen world under the dominion of the Adversary, Satan. The exorcism here (as you will be able to read in the English translation provided in the link above) basically purifies the creature and takes it out of the dominion of the Devil to then prepare it for grace, and to make is a sacred object - set aside for pious purposes or for Divine Worship. The traditional baptismal rite for instance includes a couple of minor exorcisms: https://churchpop.com/2016/10/10/did-you-know-the-baptismal-rite-includes-an-exorcism/

I hope I was able to answer your questions. This will give E6bee some background information as well.

😊
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2019-02-14)
Sunset sister... Great to know about white sage essential oil. My partner hates smudging and I've been searching for an alternative. Excellent advice.

Being an Aussie, my preferred smudge was Blackboy resin/sap.

After a really hot summer, or a small bushfire, you find dark, ruby red spheres of sap, bled through the spiky bark at the base, and hardened. Like amber. Chip off and dig out with a knife blade.

I have used this in unwanted entity banishment with great success.

Intergrist... If I woke up to my partner reading psalms over my sleeping self, I would be weirded out to the max.

If she doesn't feel comfortable with psalms read aloud while she's awake, it makes sense to respect her wishes while she sleeps.

I sense that your advice is offered with a genuine desire to help.

I don't know, respect for one another's opinions on here is crucial... Still.

A good rule of thumb is if something brings no comfort, it's not for you.

Continue seeking.

One mans bible is another mans sigil protected circle...

Said with a soft tone, writ lacks tone.

Just sayin.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-02-13)
Integrist,

I understand using a blessed medal... Be it a Saint Benidict or ANY of the other Saints... However I have a question concerning it being exorcised...

The basic definition of exorcism is removing UNWANTED SPIRITS and/or their infulences... Why would you want to remove the 'positive energies' from a Blessed Medal? Or am I not understanding just what you are trying to say. Just curious.

Respectfully,

Rook
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-02-13)
Integrist - I'm curious about your constant advice on the use of exorcised St. Benedict medals. Don't take me wrong, it's not like I doubt this particular saint can offer help and protection but, - wouldn't any other saint, archangel, the Virgin Marie or even a crucifix offer the same service?

I don't know if all comes down to the strength of a person's faith, I have heard of wearing something red for protection against evil eye; wearing diamonds to repel bad intentions, and even placing an image of St. Anthony of Padua upside down if one needs help on finding love!
And I know of people that are sure all those things work and have helped/protected them when used.

I read the information provided in the following link but there's nothing that seems to point to St. Benedict being 'the best' when it comes to protection against negative spirits. Interesting life, though.

Https://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=26

Thanks.
Integrist (83 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-13)
Thank you for your response E6bee,

Have you asked her why she has an aversion to anything religious? Would your idea of getting sage fall under this category as well? As in, do you think she will react negatively as well or have you two spoken about it already?

I thought about it for a bit when you said that she feels unwell when you read out from Sacred Writ. Having read the other opinions, it is possible that there is the power of suggestion at work: i.e. A sort of defense mechanism developed during the bad times of her that convinced her of the real existence of "The Man" as substantial, external entity. But that is one possibility.
What speaks against this is the fact that you have experienced some sightings as well. Though, perhaps the fear is contagious.

And I am assuming her that her negative reaction came when you were reading out from the Bible whilst she was paying attention.

So here may be an idea: try reading the Bible (calmly) over her as a prayer (plenty of Psalms that would be very fitting) when she is asleep, and then see if there is any reaction - from her or otherwise. If there is no reaction, then it may be a case of suggestion that has become somewhat contagious. If there is a reaction, I would say in agreement with Anno_Domini that it is probably a case of demonic oppression. In this case, you will want to ramp up your prayer life, and get yourselves some sacramentals.

Another thing you could consider is to get some properly blessed and exorcised St. Benedict Medals, and to distribute them around your house.
sunsetsister (4 stories) (9 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-13)
Hi there,

Just wanted to give you a little info about the White sage. I too have recently tried looking (in Australia) and have found it hard to get. However, I was told that 2018 marked the end of a bad 7 year cycle and with the new year, came a lot of people cleansing. So there are some alternatives if you can't find a smudge stick. There is white sage essential oil. 3 drops in a spray bottle and you go around the house smudging. It leaves a very prominent scent and you can more or less perform the same ritual. There is also palo santo. A Wood used traditionally for this purpose. Also you can use salt in all the corners of your home and around the boundary. But I would suggest doing this after you cleanse as the salt is more to keep things out, I'm not sure how effective it would be alone.
I have very recently been needing to do a smudging ceremony and found these things out. I'm only going by what I've been told or read online. There are others on this site with a bit more experience in these matters but I hope this helps you. You can also buy White sage sticks online.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-13)
Hey E6bee

While reading your words I had a very similar impression to Rooks theory that the being could be a manifestation of your partners fear.

The words that came into my mind were similar but different. I felt, a manifestation of her trauma (spanning her life)

It is possible in magick, to create an elemental. One visualises what their elemental looks like, then imbues it with power through visualisation, meditation and intention.
When it is humming with power (not free will, a synthetic elemental has no autonomy of its own) it is given a purpose by its maker.

Both dark and light magick can be done this way... What separates them is the intention of the person doing the creating.

If this is possible through conscious means, it is also absolutely possible through unconscious means... And lifelong trauma is a lot of unconscious manifestation.

It is possible the being is an autonomous, intelligent creature with its own agenda, one that attached itself to her. Possible.

It could possibly be a lower astral being.
I personally do not believe in demons, only in lower astral planes, or higher, like the angelic realms.
I do not believe in heaven or hell
Only in different planes of consciousness.

The important part here, for you both to understand, is that you hold so much more power than you know.

What I think? Is it the being is manifested into reality by her trauma, she can unmanifest it.
She has the authority.

Likewise if it is an actual intelligent entity.
Either way... She is still in charge.

The fact she feels fear when she sees it is undermining her authority

And that power is given to her by her birthright of being human.
It's given by God, if you believe in God.
You don't have to believe in God to ask for protection

Begin with asking your higher self

Begin by believing that if lower astral entities exist

There must also be higher, angelic beings who desire to help and protect

Did she ever consider that maybe she is protected? Because was born into violence and danger and later abuse, but, she survived.

Her life is a gift.

Bright blessings
rynne (69 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-13)
I send my warmest and sincerest wishes for you both. Do let her know how truly brave she is, to have survived all that she has.

As someone working with children in challenging situations, I agree with so much that Rook said. Reading your comment felt so very soothing, Rook. I hope that energy reached her too.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+6
5 years ago (2019-02-12)
E6bee,

Is it possible to have your girlfriend share her experience (s) with the 'skinny man' in her own words? I ask because I am an empath and there are times where I can pick up on the 'feelings and emotions' of the individual posting them.

As you have told it I have a theory based on what she has let you share which I may be able to refine if she tells her tale. Here is 'my take' from what you have shared...

The 'thin man' may have been a manifestation of her fears and emotions while living at her Aunts, the reason they stopped before her Aunt 'asked her to leave' was because she had somehow come to terms with the situation, or she already knew what her Aunt planed and the reason she stopped seeing him was because knowing she would soon be out of that house brought her some peace of mind.

So the next question is, why start again, why now? Simply put, the uncertainty of the situation, the chance things may not work out and she ends up on her own not saying that is a real possibility, but it's a fear she has and because she is a sensitive her worries, fears, nervousness and negative 'what if's' are manifesting as the skinny man.

Just my opinion though... As far as the reading from the Bible making her ill... It could be the sign of an attachment, OR it could be a sign of your Faith being strong enough to 'drive' the negative manifestation of her 'emotions' back 'inside her, where they (it) generated from and that negativity is what made her ill. The fact that keeping the Bible out seems to be working, to a point, is a wonderful indication of how much she cares for you and has Faith in you that you can keep her safe.

Everyone has offered Great advice, I can offer something that, while it comes from my Religous background it can be applied by someone who is not a Christian as well as those who Believe...

Believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all; indeed, we may say that we follow this admonition We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."

An individual need not believe in Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ to live life in a Positive Manner. Like begets like, if your output is positive then what comes back should be as well...Yes, bad things happen, its how we react to them that can make them positive moments or negative ones.

Again, this is simply 'MY OPINION' I may or may not be correct, but it's something to think about.

Please keep us updated and please ask your girlfriend if she will share with us... She need not create an account, simply write it up so you can post it for her on yours.

Respectfully,

Rook
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-02-12)
Hi E6bee, I was going to refrain from commenting as I saw that your girlfrind was not interested in a religious solution, however I read on to how you stopped the "entity" with the bible.

I believe that these entities are demons, who interact with us in different ways, some can be our "friends" or "guides", some can do the opposite and oppress us (like in the case of your girlfriend). Do take a look at my profile for more insight to my view. I would suggest that, if things continue or get worse, you should look for a pastor or priest and they should be able to assist you.

I also echo the view of Integrist, I would even go so far as to say that there may be some level of possession of your girlfriend, and I suspect that there's more than what you have revealed so far. The discomfort that she feels upon seeing the bible is due to the demon's own malaise and it taking it out on the possessed. Many times possession involves the gradual surrender of one's control over little bits of one's life, due to deceptions of the demon (s). I feel that it would be unwise continuing down this path and intervention is urgently needed.
Meldel (6 stories) (39 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-11)
Hi E6bee,
I have read elsewhere on YGS about entities being attached to someone. Sometimes they go 'quiet' and only make their presence known upon the arrival of someone new. It seems that this spirit went quiet until your lady moved in with you. The fact that she felt ill when you started to read the Bible indicates that this demon is attached to her. You do not want to have a good relationship with your lady go sour. There are Pastors who are well trained in this sort of thing and would gladly help to rid her life of unwelcome spirits. I recommend you go that route? Blessings!
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-11)
Hi E6bee, perhaps you can try a cleansing ritual from one of our members, Rookdygin. He has designed it so that someone who is non-religious, like your girlfirend, might hopefully benefit from it. It is meant to be performed as often as you feel it's needed.
Https://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

Once you have cleansed your home, your girlfriend could also do a self-cleansing if you are worried she is being troubled by an attachment.
"Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection)."

As an alternative suggestion, there is the use of anointing oil, as taught to me by a Christian friend. It is prepared by heating cold-pressed olive oil with crushed fresh garlic and a dash of red wine. Simmer for a while. Turn off the heat, say a prayer over it for God to cleanse, protect and bless. When it is cooled, filter it through a clean cloth into a container. I add this oil in my cooking, as a dip for bread etc. You can dab it to parts of your home that you feel are troubling you. The oil, infused with your prayer and good intentions, represents the Holy Spirit and is meant to remind you of God's Grace and power, and to help you strengthen your faith.
Https://www.gotquestions.org/anointing-oil.html

These are some options that I hope might be helpful for you and your girlfriend. Stay safe and take care.
E6bee (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-11)
Integrist,

Thank you for reading and commenting.

About something being attached to her, that's what I was afraid of... She is not one to do anything religious. She didn't even want to pray to get the man to leave.

Since that night, I do keep the Bible out on my nightstand and we haven't seen or heard anything in the bedroom. On the other hand, I've heard footsteps in our living room, seen the lid to our garbage can move by itself, and this morning, I woke up to our freezer door being half open. I just hope it doesn't get malicious and try anything while I'm away at work, and she's alone in the apartment. 😟
Integrist (83 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-10)
Welcome E6bee,

Interesting story, and thank you for sharing! It seems that the Bible you got does help. So, I would think it's best to keep it out at all times. Perhaps even get another one or two for the rest of your place?
Not sure about sage. This seems to be a North-American thing to do.

What I do not understand is why your girlfriend is feeling sick when you are reading the Bible.
That may suggest that something evil is attached to her.

Generally speaking, the best way to get rid of evil is to live a righteous life in the state of grace.

Do keep us posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: