You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hug From A Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Hug From A Spirit

 

I live in Savannah, Ga. I'm a single mom of five.

I often give my bed up to avoid the fights between my boys. This particular night I was sleeping on the couch, I encountered what appeared to be a male whatever it was behind me on the couch. He wrapped both of his arms around me as if he was hugging me and I could not move, I couldn't speak, all I did was close my eyes and begin to recite the Lord's Prayer. When I began to pray he let me go and I haven't experienced that again.

I also wake up every night since I moved to GA three years ago around the same time. It never fails between 2:30 and 3:00 I automatically wake up.

I work evenings at the local hospital. At around 8:00 the lights are cut down so the patients can sleep. I have experienced a person walking behind me, and can hear the steps the person is making. When I stop the footsteps stop. I try to turn around and see who it is but there is never anyone there. At this same hospital when I'm passing by rooms, that I know are empty, I catch glimpses of what appears to be a person in the room. It's to the point when I leave at night I tell the security guard I don't need an escort because somebody is always walking with me while I'm there. I truly believe the person is someone that I befriended while I was working and before he/she transitioned on to be with God. I really should be afraid with all the unusual things that I have started to experience, but the spirits I'm encountering seem to be pleasant and calm. It's like they are keeping me company, like the so many times I visited and kept them company.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ANGIELJ09041968, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-07-30)
I know what you mean - living next to a mass grave, my apartment never feels empty. Even when no obvious activity is going on, there is always a feeling of having people around. I notice it most when I am alone in someone else's home or a modern hotel room - I suddenly find myself feeling dreadfully alone (and I'm an introvert so normally that shouldn't bother me).

I firmly believe that there is absolutely nothing inherently evil about a ghostly presence and that your gut can tell you more about their actual intentions than anything else. Trust yourself ❤
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-07-01)
Probably something that originated at the hospital. This spirit doesn't really belong following you home though. It's place is in the afterlife. Probably best to tell it Thank you for your company but it's time to go with their family and loved ones waiting for them on the other side.
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-06-25)
Angie ~ Welcome to the community!

I echo much of what Lady-glow has to say. I do have a question though: In your physical encounter you describe your contact as a hug, yet you describe it more as a squeeze - so tight you could not move. You then began to pray. For me a hug is wonderful, loving thing yet you seem not to have been comforted by the "hug" - or am I mis-reading your story?

In any event I too am glad that your encounters have been mostly positive...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-06-21)
ANGIE - welcome to YGS.

In my opinion, the hugging could have been sleep paralysis, and waking up at the same time could or could not have any significance other than the way your body has adjusted to your job shift. At what time is your shift over? Does this happen during your nights off?
Nevertheless, if you are in doubt, trying a blessing/cleansing of your house according to your personal beliefs wouldn't hurt.

What a better place than a hospital to experience weird events? Do you know if any of your coworkers has sensed the same presence and seen the shadows in the same rooms as you?
Perhaps saying a little prayer and telling this spirit that it's okay to go towards the light where their loved ones are waiting for them would help them to cross over.

I'm glad to hear that these encounters are positive.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: