You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Protective Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Protective Spirit

 

This encounter was told to me by my sister, Anna. She had a friend named Julie that confided in her that strange things were happening in her home. Julie and her husband had moved in one year before.

They had two children, Miles who was five and Sean who just turned one.

Julie said that she and her husband were hearing noises at night. At first they ignored it. Putting it off to the house being old. But then things quickly got worse. The noises happened more often. Things flew off tables, and Miles began having night terrors.

Julie wanted to get someone to come in and figure out what was going on, but the husband refused. Didn't believe in things like that. Not knowing what to do she waited it out. Two weeks later Julie was home alone, the kids were in bed, and her husband had to work until 1 am. Too scared to be alone she asked my sister, Anna, to stay with her.

My sister noticed that Julie was close to tears, and asked her if she was alright.

She shook her head no.

She said Miles would sometimes stare at nothing. That he was too scared to go into the kitchen were most of the activity was and he would stand outside Sean's room at night. When she asked Miles why he was standing in his baby brother's doorway, he said, he was protecting Sean from the bad man.

When she asked what bad man? He said, "The one who throws things." The hair on the back of her neck stood up.

She asked him, "Do you see the bad man?" He nodded his head, and pointed at the corner in the hall. She went pale. "I didn't know what to do so I turned Miles around and put him back to bed." My sister asked Julie when that happen. She said "Last night."

Both women heard noises for hours and my sister's water bottle flew off the table twice. My sister said it gave her the creeps.

It was 1:30 when Julie's husband came home. She went to check on the kids as my sister gathered her things to leave. Both my sister and Julie's husband heard a scream. Both of them ran to find Julie standing in the doorway to Sean's room. They all were looking at something that was hovering near the baby. It seemed to float back and forth in front of the crib. Then it looked at them and it disappeared. Julie's husband quickly grabbed the baby and and the family left for the night.

Julie's husband finally let someone in to find out what was going on. They were told that the poltergeist in the kitchen was someone who had died there at least 30 years ago. He was an old man that was named John. He was angry. And in life as well as death was not a nice man.

The also said the woman they saw in the baby's room was protecting the baby from the other spirit. She was of no danger to them, as to who she was they could not say, just that she meant no harm. My sister asked about Miles seeing this man. They told them sometimes young children can see spirits.

The family move three months after that.

Other hauntings by ntzehn

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ntzehn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ntzehn (2 stories) (5 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-27)
Hi Lady-glow

As far as I was told Miles had night terrors when the activity began. I think that was the bad spirit's doing. I also think that Miles was sensitive to it and that's why he felt he needed to protect his brother when he saw the spirit later.

I asked my sister that same question about Miles. She didn't really know. But I think that when he was looking at what his Mother said was nothing, was more than likely he was seeing the bad spirit.

My sister said you saw a woman, she wasn't solid but you could tell. The person that came in to help said she felt nothing bad from that spirit. She would have to do more research to find out when others had lived or died there.

That spirit was only in the baby's room.
ntzehn (2 stories) (5 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-27)
Hi rajine,

I was told that they had a cleansing for the house, but the noises started again after 6 months. For the safety of the kids they thought it better to move.
TravisCannabis (69 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-25)
Dude, this story looks like the script for a horror show. Not saying ain't true but people always leave their houses running at night. 🤔
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-25)
Hi ntzehn

That really does sound like a terrible experience for everyone involved I'm glad that the family is safe, but why didn't they just do a house cleansing ritual instead of moving out?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-24)
Hi ntzehn.

This is such a frightening experience, specially for little Miles.

Since this is not your experience, I don't expect you to know the answers to my following questions but, if by any chance you can elaborate, I'd like to ask:

"he would stand outside Sean's room at night. When she asked Miles why he was standing in his baby brother's doorway, he said, he was protecting Sean from the bad man."

Do you know if the bad man hurt Miles on any way or was his attention focused only on the baby?

"She asked him, "Do you see the bad man?"... My sister asked Julie when that happen. She said "Last night."

Does your sister know if that was the only time Julie asked Miles if he could see the ghost? Your narrative seems to point that Miles had reported seen the ghost for some time but Julie had never asked if he was seeing it before.

"They all were looking at something that was hovering near the baby. It seemed to float back and forth in front of the crib. Then it looked at them and it disappeared"

Did this think have a human shape? If not, what made them think that it "looked at them"?

"The also said the woman they saw in the baby's room was protecting the baby from the other spirit."

Same question, - did the hoovering thing resembled a woman? Did Julie feel a negative or positive energy in the room?

Did Julie say if Miles was aware of the woman's protective presence in the room? Did she protect him too or only the baby?
Were they told who the protective woman was during her life and why she was still in that house? Or if she was a dead ancestor protecting Julie's children?

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: